OFFICIAL RIOT! DISCUSSION THREAD

kerrie

I can't tell you all what to do or not do outside of these forums, but please, please, please don't post links to leaks or information about leaks or anything like that in these forums.

I'd prefer you not even talk about specific songs until the album's officially released (or at least when people start getting their pre-orders) because that just stirs up people going to look for leaks.

And, obviously, I'd encourage you not to rip your copies and put them online for anyone to get to...if you want to share with someone in the UK that you know is going to buy the album...well, I can't endorse that, but I can understand it...but putting the link out there for just anyone to download is going to take sales away from the band...and first week sales #s are very important.

I can't tell you all what to do or not do outside of these forums, but please, please, please don't post links to leaks or information about leaks or anything like that in these forums.

I'd prefer you not even talk about specific songs until the album's officially released (or at least when people start getting their pre-orders) because that just stirs up people going to look for leaks.

And, obviously, I'd encourage you not to rip your copies and put them online for anyone to get to...if you want to share with someone in the UK that you know is going to buy the album...well, I can't endorse that, but I can understand it...but putting the link out there for just anyone to download is going to take sales away from the band...and first week sales #s are very important.

i've no idea whether that was directed at me - but I think it was - in which case... sorry :)

i'm a fan, and wouldn't dream of harming their sales/spreading stuff about.

Fences sounds like p!atd which is ew, but I like Thats What You Get, When It Rains.. We Are Broken sounds like Avril :/

Obviously I like MizBiz, Born For This and Hallelujah but to me the rest all sound the same.

I prefer AWKIF tbh.

If you're judging all that off of the 15 second samples, I'd at least wait to hear the whole songs...and listen to the whole thing a few times (like you have with the three songs you mention that you like) before judging it...

And yes, it's fine to post the samples here, but no posting of the entire album, links to the entire album, whatever...that all goes against our policy on leaked material.

Fences sounds like p!atd which is ew

We Are Broken sounds like Avril :/

aha, aye, i can see what you're saying actually. like the fences one and another one of the songs sounds sorta panic/fob'ish. i don't mind though. i mean i'm not the biggest fan of either band.. but like those paramore songs :D i like everything they do really. i don't think i could ever dislike a song of theirs, lol.

and i see whatcha mean about avril too, only cos it's like a wee ballad type thing wi the piano and hayley is like.. a girl singing.

I LOVE WHEN IT RAINS MAAAAAAAAN. seriously.

I've heard the album during the HT party, and it's not as good as AWKIF in my opinion. It's really not. It doesn't have that feel that AWKIF has..I still get shivers when I listen to that album. My favorite song on Riot! is Hallelujah...and that is a song they wrote way before this alum.

I'm dissapointed, honestly. Sure, they've grown and changed...but AWKIF is still their masterpiece.

Let's put it this way...if this was the first album I heard of theirs, I don't know if I would have had the love I have for them now, probably not until I heard AWKIF. Because of that album I went in search of more stuff about them, and found about the people they are, and I fell in love with them because of that too. I don't think I would have tried so hard if I had heard Riot! first. Emergency was my first song and my breath was quite literally taken away. No song on here does that (except Hallelujah).

I still love Paramore. I don't know what they could do to change that, if anything. I like the abum, but I am dissapointed. That' my opinion and I am sticking to it. I'll just laugh if you bash me on it because I am a true Paramore fan and I know that. True fans can say the good with the bad.

I've heard the album during the HT party, and it's not as good as AWKIF in my opinion. It's really not. It doesn't have that feel that AWKIF has..I still get shivers when I listen to that album. My favorite song on Riot! is Hallelujah...and that is a song they wrote way before this alum.

I'm dissapointed, honestly. Sure, they've grown and changed...but AWKIF is still their masterpiece.

Let's put it this way...if this was the first album I heard of theirs, I don't know if I would have had the love I have for them now, probably not until I heard AWKIF. Because of that album I went in search of more stuff about them, and found about the people they are, and I fell in love with them because of that too. I don't think I would have tried so hard if I had heard Riot! first. Emergency was my first song and my breath was quite literally taken away. No song on here does that (except Hallelujah).

I still love Paramore. I don't know what they could do to change that, if anything. I like the abum, but I am dissapointed. That' my opinion and I am sticking to it. I'll just laugh if you bash me on it because I am a true Paramore fan and I know that. True fans can say the good with the bad.

I won't bash on anyone for their opinions...and I'm sure there are going to be people who love AWKIF more...that first album you hear from a band is always special...

Still, based on what I've heard so far, I'm stunned by how great the record is...I think it's a huge step beyond AWKIF...Hayley's lyrics, in particular, are so honest and beautiful and true. And the songs sound so catchy and strong...

I guess we'll see once I hear the whole thing...

^ awwwhh.

Thats how I felt about The Used's 2nd album.

But I still love Bert. =)

I don't see anything wrong with saying you like the first album better than the second one. Personally, I think a lot of bands' first albums are their best.

Then you get what I am saying. :D

Thanks.

Brent: It's a huge step away from AWKIF, but I don't believe it's beyond it. It's way different, but not in a direction I believed Paramore would take. Just my opinion.

ohhh my friend has my ipod so i cant even listen to it right now.but if i remember correctly i like the 2nd to last song, before born for this, what song it that?

and i cant remeber what else...but i guess i cant really judge it on 15 seconds of each song but i am actually so excited.

some songs didn't sound to great from the 15 seconds but some really did.

im actually so excited

i don't actually think you can judge the album after one listen and compare it to awkif.

we have all played that album over and over since 2005 and have grown to love it so much.

i don't think you can compare riot! to it after one listen.

i don't actually think you can judge the album after one listen and compare it to awkif.

we have all played that album over and over since 2005 and have grown to love it so much.

i don't think you can compare riot! to it after one listen.

No, you can't. I have listened to it for like a straight week now and I absolutely love it.