I have mad respect for Hayley

torres

She must go through an enormous amount of pressure being an 18 year old girl fronting a rock band, especially in the scene the band is coming out of (with bands like MCR, Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, Cute is What We Aim For, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, etc.).

There are probably a ton of fans now that are into Paramore because it's the trendy thing to do. Then you have other fans who desperately want to be like Hayley or want to know every single thing about her. Gotta worry about those fanatics, she probably has them and they're the type of people that can make or break an artist at times.

Not only does Hayley likely have to deal with male fans wanting to get in her pants, there's probably a few guys in rock bands trying to do the same as well. I could imagine the band having to be very protective of her at times.

All of this while writing some amazing lyrics and singing them with some real emotion. There's also no solid modern rock band right now with as good a female vocalist as Hayley. It's sometimes shocking to me that a band like Paramore didn't come out earlier, especially with so much bands in the scene.

yeah she does feel pressure i think but she has said in the past that it's pressure that paramore have put on themselves cos they want more people to hear their music. i do think they're in the same scene as them other bands, i don't think there's a band like paramore around at the moment, but if they become huge there's probably gonna be loads of paramore copy bands.

unfortunately there is a lot of fans like that, i don't think anyone on here is like that though. but at the end of the day they're still paramore fans but maybe not the kind of fans they want.......?

well there's no getting away from the fact she's attractive, there's bound to be guys hitting on her all the time but i'm sure hayley can deal with them haha!

she is a amazing singer and songwriter, although she does write them with josh. i love hayley and all of paramore, i have so much respect for them, they've changed my life and made me wanna do great things in my life and i feel they've made me a better person. i love them so much! Paramore <3

:]

liking Paramore is a trend?

Yup, just like the "emo" fashion statement.

Hopefully a lot of people will like Paramore for their music and not for their look. I went to a Take Action Tour show a couple of months back and it really felt like everyone was wearing some random band t-shirt like a brand name. Probably the most annoying were the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus fans. Ironically, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus was the worst band at the show while the best band was Kaddisfly, who were the least known and were the opening act as well (I was likely one of two fans at the entire show who were there specifically for Kaddisfly).

the fact is Paramore are one of the best bands around right now and they're incredibly talented so people will like them for their music and i'm sorry but i don't think liking paramore is a trend cos trend come and go but paramore will be around making great music for years to come.

the fact is Paramore are one of the best bands around right now and they're incredibly talented so people will like them for their music and i'm sorry but i don't think liking paramore is a trend cos trend come and go but paramore will be around making great music for years to come.

Doesn't matter if Paramore will be around for years to come. Every band that becomes popular goes through a trend phase.

Paramore is set to be that band where you'll have a ton of people storming into Hot Topic to buy the latest Paramore merchandise, wear their hair to the side and buy some overly tight jeans just to look exactly like Paramore. Then "fans" will rave about how Paramore is the best band ever until they get so popular to the point where "fans" will not be into the band anymore because they "sold out". It's all this really annoying cycle that starts when people get into a band for all the wrong reasons. It's going to happen with Paramore, but I'm hoping that a band with their talent can stick through it all and have intelligent fans.

well i want paramore to become really successful so why should it really matter if they have fans like that? they have got loads of geninue fans and the band are so down to earth that they're never forget who helped them become big, the fans that have been there all the time. at the London gig i went to recently they thanked us before the gig for making them who they are today and putting them where they are today. but yeah all the people on these boards are genuine paramore fans who will stick by them no matter what. unfortunately there's not any way of stopping this happen, it's inevitable they're gonna be huge one day but we've just gotta stick by them.

same here, i'm like the only person in my class that likes paramore, i get the piss taken out of me everyday, just cos i listen to them, talk about them a lot and wear their t-shirts everyday. liking paramore is not a trend. anyway this thread is about having respect for hayley so can we get back on topic please?

i get made fun of alot.

becuase im so into them and i talk about them alot.

no one else really sees how amazing they are.

and i think paramore attracts a certin type of people.

paramore fans are a family.

i dont think theres many other bands out there that can say that.

^Agreed. I get made fun of sometimes since I talk about Paramore a little more than an average person would. But I really could care less, Paramore is too great not to be talked about haha.

i get taken the piss out of for liking paramore. trust me its not a trend where i live.

oh yess, same here. In Poland they aren't well known at all, there's not many people who even know them, especially in such a small town that I used to spend m time. Not to mention about my village where I live . Anyway now I noticed that they are becoming better know, they're getting bigger. and that's what it is all about!

Paramore deserve to be popular.

But you're right, it's payed by lots of pressure, I think. If omeone know them, he suddenly notice that he/sha wanna be just like Hayley (girls) or Josh, Jeremy, Zac, Taylor (boys)

well.. I think that it won't be easy to prevent it all.

Guest JadeIsRad

I definately have mad respect for Hayley <3

And yeah liking Paramore is a trend in the U.K because of all the stuff Kerrang! has been printing and stuff =[

[...]

Not only does Hayley likely have to deal with male fans wanting to get in her pants, there's probably a few guys in rock bands trying to do the same as well. I could imagine the band having to be very protective of her at times. [...]

ARGGG. that makes me completely angryy. I've holden this frustration for a while now.

you know, one day, i went into a music forum.

they talk about paramore.

and a guy began like ''you know hayley is 18. she can do X-tape. i'll buy it.''

and all the members continue to have fun with that. not only guys...girls too!!

Hayley became like a sexual object there.

I want to kill them so much !!

:twisted: #%/?!! they suck.

Once a whore you're nothing more. i'm sorry, that'll never change

^Agreed. I get made fun of sometimes since I talk about Paramore a little more than an average person would. But I really could care less, Paramore is too great not to be talked about haha.

i totally agree with you too i always talk about paramore i always have something to say everyday and only one person that i hang out with likes paramore like i do and thas the only person i can talk to abou them the rest dont really care

it being a trend is bad cuz then people start liking them just cuz their FRIENDS are, or people are like LISTEN TO THEM ya know...and like the people dont really lie them there just listening to them to listen to them, and like, only know one of their songs, and dont learn anything about the band

that my friends is what we here call "teenies".