is it me.. or is the boards seriously lagging

• 2 weeks later...

well im having further problems now. it definately seems related to the vast size of some threads on these boards. i know some have been closed, but only 2 have been closed, out of like 10 large threads. its just takes aggeess to load :( and whenever you want to post something, usually i have to wait for about 15-20 seconds before it posts, and half the time it just doesnt do anything, and then i click it again, and that just ends up in duplicate posting. its definately not my internet connection either :)

Ok, I've closed a bunch of the largest threads and opened new versions...hopefully this will help. We're also continuing to work with our hosting service to see if they can diagnose any issues with our database...so we'll keep you posted on what we find out...

Thanks so much to everyone for all your patience...I know it's been frustrating lately...

We also got them to move some other high traffic sites off of our server, so we've got more dedicated resources now as well...that should help with site load times...

Let me know if you guys encounter more issues...I think we're good for the moment, but please keep an eye on it for us...

it's slow for me on threads where people have posted have had ani's in their sig.

Yeah - I've been thinking that could be slowing load times as well...we may need to consider, as the boards have gotten larger, whether we can continue to support all the different kinds of sigs we currently allow...

Is anyone else noticing this?

• 1 month later...
It's pretty fast now!:)

Yep - we seemed to fix the problem through a combination of nagging our hosting service - they moved some things around to give us more bandwidth and helped us diagnose the problem - and closing a bunch of threads that had gotten really, really large - which is why you see part 2 and part 3 of some threads on the boards now. The large threads were causing some really long queries to the database and seemed to be causing everything to lag pretty badly.

• 1 month later...