Live Earth..

chrisseh11

So i saw that today they had live earth on today, and im just so happy that the world is finally realising that we have to do something about global warming.

well, to raise some money, a lot of bands were playing, and i didnt get a chance to catch them all, anyone know which bands and singers performed in each 'live earth city'?

i know FOB and AFI were at New York, thats the only decent 2 i saw.

but yea. any thoughts about this movement? i personally love the idea. :)

I think this could have been done for more than "global warming" ...Actually, it was, wans't it?... But anyway--there are SO many things that poeple don't take into account when talking about global warming..

I don't know, i dont wanna get into it lol

It IS cool that they did this though... Very cool...

live earth wasnt put on to raise money, just raise awareness.

here are all the line-ups

Australia

Crowded House

Paul Kelly

Wolfmother

John Butler Trio

Blue King Brown

Ghostwriters

Jack Johnson

Eskimo Joe

Sneaky Sound System

Toni Collette & The Finish

Missy Higgins

Brazil

O Rappa

Jorge Ben Jor

Macy Gray

Xuxa

Lenny Kravitz

Pharrell

Jota Quest

Marcelo D2

MV Bill Brazil

China

Evonne Hsu

Joey

Eason Chan

Huang Xiao Ming

Wang Rui

Anthony Wong

Wang Xia Okun

Pu Ba Jia

Soler

Sarah Brightman

Winnie Hsin

12 Girls Band

Wang Chuan Jun

Germany

Lotto King Karl

Katie Melua

Reamonn

Roger Cicero

Snoop Dogg

Mia.

Shakira

Sasha

Samy Deluxe

Revolverheld

Jan Delay

Silbermond

Chris Cornell

Juli

Stefan Gwildis

Marquess

Maria Mena

Yusuf

Mando Diao

Enrique Iglesias

Japan

Yellow Magic Orchestra

Xzibit

Kumi Koda

Linkin Park

UA

Ai Otsuka

Ayaka

Abingdon Boys School

Rize

Rip Slyme

Rihanna

Cocco

Bonnie Pink

Michael Nyman

Genki Rockets

AI

South Africa

The Parlotones

Vusi Mahlasela

UB40

The Soweto Gospel Choir

Danny K

Baaba Maal

Joss Stone

Angélique Kidjo

Zola

United Kingdom

Bloc Party

Black Eyed Peas

Duran Duran

Keane

David Gray

Beastie Boys

Terra Naomi

Kasabian

Spinal Tap

Snow Patrol

Damien Rice

John Legend

Corinne Bailey Rae

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Razorlight

Pussycat Dolls

James Blunt

Paolo Nutini

Metallica

Genesis

Foo Fighters

Madonna

United States

Ludacris

Kenna

Akon

Kelly Clarkson

Keith Urban

The Police

Taking Back Sunday

Kanye West

Dave Matthews Band

KT Tunstall

AFI

Smashing Pumpkins

Roger Waters

John Mayer

Melissa Etheridge

Bon Jovi

Fall Out Boy

Alicia Keys

I watched that all day today no joke lol

Last night I stayed up until 4:30am to watch Wolfmother in Australia,it wasn't really a good idea though because I felt like crap all day.

The smashing pumkins performance was amazing and the foo fighters were incredible.

Oh and John Mayer my full attention...he's so wonderful :)

I forgot Spinal Tap was playing - oh man, that movie was funny! :P

In 2007, Tap will reunite again, this time to help combat global warming. "They're not that environmentally conscious, but they've heard of global warming." said Marty DeBergi. "Nigel thought it was just because he was wearing too much clothing – that if he just took his jacket off it would be cooler." This reunion will also include the release of a new song called "Warmer Than Hell." The band played on the London leg of the SOS/Live Earth concert series, and Rob Reiner has directed a short film (entitled Spinal Tap) which was released on the Live Earth website on 27 April.[1] The film reveals that Nigel Tufnel is now working as a farm hand looking after miniature horses. He plans to race them. David St Hubbins is currently working as a Hip-Hop producer and Derek Smalls is in rehab for being addicted to the internet.

I watched it yesterday, way better than the last Live 8 thing I thought... mainly cause Bob Geldof wasn't there.

Foo Fighters were awesome - they got the biggest reaction from the crowd. Metallica were good too, but BBC cut away half way through their "set"... so they only showed "Sad But True" and "Nothing Else Matters". Most bands/artists did 3 or 4 songs. Chili Peppers were good too.

I don't really see much of the point of the whole thing though, other than an easy way for artists to increase album sales. I mean everyone knows not to leave appliances on when they go out, everyone knows they need to recycle and save energy... =/

Oh yeah and Spinal Tap were great too. They did the Stone Henge thing with the midgets and the tiny Stone Henge set lol

Last night I stayed up until 4:30am to watch Wolfmother in Australia,it wasn't really a good idea though because I felt like crap all day.

The smashing pumkins performance was amazing and the foo fighters were incredible.

haha, i saw the whole thing too.

my faves were smashing pumkins, bon jovi, Kt tunstall ( which i wish had more playing time) the police, foo fighters, TBS, but my absolute favorite was Kanye West.

he impresssed me so much i went out today and got all his records, which i highly recommend.

FOB and AFI for me played horrible sets.

i did too! haha i woke up at 8 so i could eat first then after i ate i watched with my sister. SMASHING PUMPKINS!! amazing corrine baily rae and john leggend were amazing john mayer FOB AKON!!! no im kiddin i hate akon haha

um AFI!! i love them also uhh the police with john mayer and kanye west. that was quite amazing. its great that theyre r relizing that we need to save the world from global warming