i think the site needs some help

i dont mean to sound rude but i feel the site is kinda going down hill lately, since the whole diego thing it all started to happen. i didn't think diego leaving would effect this site in such a way and i didnt really realise it until now :/

the homepage layout is quiet old, hunter left ages ago.

ive noticed the gallery has been updated a lot more lately, which is cool but everything else seems like it needs a bit of work :/

the atmosphere on the boards seems to have changed, its not as fun as it used to be :(

not all the mods are that active, they should post more regularly, socially aswell as doing the moderator stuff

im sorry if i sound pushy or rude but we need to get this site back to the way it was

i love this site, it just needs sum help :/

it doesnt really feel like the #1 fansite anymore :(

• Like 1

Well, definitely thanks for the feedback...what do you think we can do to fix some of the issues?

The homepage update is coming - we'll have a new layout there very soon and yeah, that's definitely something that needs to be done, although it's also pretty time-consuming and a lot of work.

The media page is definitely behind - we're working on getting one or more people to devote a lot of time to that - they'll be Media Directors for the site. If you have any ideas on that or want to help out, definitely let Ash or myself know...

The gallery should be in good shape, although continue to forward us stuff you'd like to see added or if you notice anything missing.

As for the atmosphere on the boards...hrm...I think everyone here controls that as much as the staff does...if there are ways we can make it more fun, let us know...we've got some changes and additions coming and we're trying to have things like the contest for the NY tickets to make it engaging...but we're open to any ideas anyone has...

Definitely good feedback and thoughts though...we want this place to stay great and it's everyone here who makes it that way...

I hardly ever post anymore...

But i think that's probably more down to laziness than the site haha

Although yeah it's lost a lot of it's charm but that's probably because i can't keep up

Well, we definitely want people to be active - what would make you guys more active/involved? Any thoughts?

Also, thanks so much for all the offers of help - we'd love to have all the help...let me know what you might be interested in doing...I mean, we have a ton of things we could always use help with, but I want to make sure it's stuff you want to do or uses talents you have or whatever...

brent has a point about the atmosphere....i mean, im on here alot, and i post....but go and look at the bottom of the main page and see how many people are online, i think the most we've had is 58 at once....out of 4,000 plus members?!?

we have control over that, not the mods and admins.

Guest Arya

I can see what you guys are saying. Even though I haven't been here long enough to know how this place was like before, I can feel the non-atmosphere going on. I have no idea how to help, though. I'm pretty active now, but...is there something more I can do?

Although yeah it's lost a lot of it's charm but that's probably because i can't keep up

i agree with that as well. if i havent been on in a day there seems to be 100 new posts to threads and its just hard to keep up.

but i would say thats not a problem that a mod or admin can fix so dont worry about this rant.

Thank you.

Also,Brent made a very good point in another thread,the Diego thing,it happened,and there's nothing we can do about it now.

I mean...it couldn't of just been his loss that caused the atmosphere to change,we're moving on and I suggest everyone do the same. It's over. Let's go forward.

Things went forward for a few weeks... Thennnnn things sarted slowing down and now they're at the point they are... I used to not be able to stay off this site, but now it just bores me....

PS: I'm cheating on PF with P.Org... And I'm loving it :shifty: :hyper:

Edit//I think it WAS that loss that caused it though. I mean, not to be harsh, but administration things have been going downhill too... Things are rarely updated anymore... And he was just a regular on the boards anyway, so... yeah, I think that's got a lot to do with it, actually.... That, and when he left, a LOT of other regulars also left... Diego's leaving had a bigger impact than poeple would like to think...

PS: I'm cheating on PF with P.Org... And I'm loving it :shifty: :hyper:

-gasp- How dare you! haha

Personaly, I don't like paramore.org.. I find it really un-user friendly... heh.

& @Brent, I think the only way to get people more active is to have other active members online, that would probbly make them want to post more.. I mean, who wants to post on their own?

That'd work for me anyways, but I post enough as it is! haha.

I suspose I could advertise a bit, I dno where I would do so though..

Hmmm....so I'm hearing two different things - some of you say it's hard to keep up because there are so many threads and posts...and some people say that there's not enough activity and it's boring...

I keep a pretty close eye on the board activity and it seems like there's always 20-40 members online at any given time...which isn't a huge #, but in an average day, we'll have 250-400 members log on at some point in time...now, a lot of them lurk and read and don't post, which is totally cool...but that's still a decent level of activity.

I'm not sure...I'd love to see even more active posts and conversations...what can we do to get that? Where are we falling short?

I keep a pretty close eye on the board activity and it seems like there's always 20-40 members online at any given time

i hardly ever see that many people on, usually when i come it's 5-10 at the most, sometimes it's just me and Martin...........so yeah i must just come on at the wrong times, need to come more at the 'peak' times.

i hardly ever see that many people on, usually when i come it's 5-10 at the most, sometimes it's just me and Martin...........so yeah i must just come on at the wrong times, need to come more at the 'peak' times.

That makes me sound like i'm on all the time....oh wait haha

Yeah i'm bored with all this time off anyway, i hardly post anyway anymore

I just guess when i joined up it was easy to fit in and stuff

And like everybody knew pretty much everybody

But now it's not really like that, i guess that's why i can't be bothered

Yeah - I've noticed that the UK folks are on a lot in the AM (AM for us U.S. folks) and then the most activity is at night U.S. time...when you guys are probably sleeping. So that's the difference...hmmm...recruit more UK members for us :)

That makes me sound like i'm on all the time....oh wait haha

Yeah i'm bored with all this time off anyway, i hardly post anyway anymore

I just guess when i joined up it was easy to fit in and stuff

And like everybody knew pretty much everybody

But now it's not really like that, i guess that's why i can't be bothered

This is definitely something I've worried about as the site has gotten bigger...it is harder to know everyone as well....I don't know what to say other than there are still a ton of great people here, new and old, and they're worth getting to know...even I haven't done as good a job of that as I should though...

Okay I actually have a suggestion. From being on other forums in the past with HUGE amounts of activity, I know that when certain threads get too many posts, that it will slow down the whole site.

I think there should be a posting limit for threads. Like 500 posts, then it is locked and another thread of the same thing is made.

Especially the Randomness thread... that thing is way huge and takes forever to load.

Okay I actually have a suggestion. From being on other forums in the past with HUGE amounts of activity, I know that when certain threads get too many posts, that it will slow down the whole site.

I think there should be a posting limit for threads. Like 500 posts, then it is locked and another thread of the same thing is made.

Especially the Randomness thread... that thing is way huge and takes forever to load.

I think you're exactly right about that...vBulletin is supposed to have some things in place that prevent that from happening, but at a certain point, I think threads (like Randomness) can get big enough that even those things don't matter anymore...

So yeah - great suggestion - let's see if it helps!