i think the site needs some help

That makes me sound like i'm on all the time....oh wait haha

Yeah i'm bored with all this time off anyway, i hardly post anyway anymore

I just guess when i joined up it was easy to fit in and stuff

And like everybody knew pretty much everybody

But now it's not really like that, i guess that's why i can't be bothered

I think people not being so active anymore happens on any forum. I know that's happened a few times in the past with me on other forums and with other people I know too. It just happens.

Okay I actually have a suggestion. From being on other forums in the past with HUGE amounts of activity, I know that when certain threads get too many posts, that it will slow down the whole site.

I think there should be a posting limit for threads. Like 500 posts, then it is locked and another thread of the same thing is made.

Especially the Randomness thread... that thing is way huge and takes forever to load.

Yeah that's a good idea. Maybe do it with all threads that go above like 300 posts (20 pages). That way they'd be quicker to load and with less posts in them could be an incentive for people to post in them.

A possible suggestion could be like doing forum competitions? Not like actually winning something physically - like tickets to a show - but like the Games Tournaments. They were popular at first but when more were made less people played them... so maybe if there was one big tournament a month people would play it?

I know on some forums there's like Graphics Battles/Competitions too. I know more people are getting into doing graphics and stuff - maybe have a Sig of the Week comp or something? Or Graphic of the Month. Or just doing competitions to make flyers or posters advertising Paramore. Also maybe a forum shop to be able to buy things with points that you get when you post.

hmm, i agree with some of the stuff said.

i don't really post as much as i used to.i don't even know why, i think its just cause im too lazy :P and also all the new people and that it makes it harder to keep up to date and that.

i dunno.

i dont think paramorefans.com itself has gone down hill.

Yeah - there are a lot of members who don't post...that's pretty common for any forum/message board though, especially one where you have to register to see the content like this one. A lot of people will register and just lurk/read threads - some people are even scared to post, especially on a big board. That's why it's cool that everyone's so friendly to new members here...it makes a big difference and helps people feel welcome and stuff...

And yeah, I know we need to get the rest of the arcade games reinstalled...I'm working on it :)

I post a lot right now. And I don't think PF has gone downhill at all. It just needs a little tweaking, I guess.

I luffles all the new members coming, though. It's nice to see more fans and potential friends.

Well, I checked the members page of our site.

even though there's 4000+ members, you can see that a lot of them don't post anything.

so i guess that might have something to do with it.

Delete the memebers that have only been on a few times...

Whittle away at the ones that are crowding the place.

i think we need to come up with ideas to recruit more members, especially in the uk...........maybe some of you that are going to the uk gigs could help promote the site while waiting for the gig to start and i'll try and do something for when i go to the reading festival next month.

jess was going to make badges for paramoreuk and give them out at shows. maybe we should make them for paramorefans aswell. everybody loves badges man :grin:

i suppose though, that a lot of ukers might come here instead of puk, but puk is for uk fans.. so it might kind of defeat the purpose.

Delete the memebers that have only been on a few times...

Whittle away at the ones that are crowding the place.

Yeah...I don't want to delete anyone unless they want to be deleted...if you've signed up for an account here and all you want to do is read and not post, that's totally cool.

Even if you haven't been on the boards in months, I'm not going to delete someone's account...that would just be kind of rude if they did come back and found out their account was gone...

I'm not sure I see how reducing the number of members we have accomplishes much anyway...am I missing something? I mean, there will always be the closeknit group that posts a lot, the people who post occasionally, the people who just read and don't post and the people who are inactive - no matter how many members we have...

I had asked Brent if I could design some merch for PF as a school project, i dunno but if they turn out well, maybe they could get made professionally, however I need help with it so if people liked my idea they could fill out the questionnaire I posted. Some of you have already and thanks for that :) Badges was one of the ideas I had as well as t-shirts and flyers to hand out at gigs. Go to: http://www.paramorefans.com/boards/showthread.php?t=5519 to fill out the questionnaire if youre interested.

As for the lack of activity on the site, I know I havent been on here long but the things that annoy me are that sometimes there is problems with Im guessing the server and the site crashes with something like internal error, i dunno and also the threads take ages to load and there are also so many of them, maybe the old ones that are not gonna be used again should be deleted? Finally yes, there's a lot of newbies on the site and if theyre like I was when I first joined, I was scared to post cause I didnt wanna say something that made me look like a fool haha but yeah, people shouldnt be scared cause everyone is nice here. Yeah maybe people just dunno what to say incase it has been said before.