i think the site needs some help

wish it was faster like BAM BAM BAM everytime you click to a different thread

So do I. We've done everything we can think of to speed things up, but short of purging old threads/reducing the size of the database - I'm not sure there's much more we can do. And if we purge a bunch of old threads, you lose the searchable old content...so there are plusses and minuses to doing that.

We'll keep trying to improve the speed, but I think it may just be a factor of our SQL database being pretty large at this point.

what does the job of the media director consist of?

i wanna help the site out a bit :)

The media directors would help with finding high quality videos - on YouTube, myspace, etc. - asking permission for us to post them on our site - and then ripping them into iPod and other formats. If you also had skills at FTP uploading, screencapping and editing php so you could post them on the media page, that would be a bonus.

We've already got one person who we're going to put in this role, but I'm thinking we could probably use another person or two helping out here as well...just finding great vids and ripping them is a big job...and we don't want to have every video out there...just the really high quality ones.

i wasn't gonna say anything but it's something that's really beginning to bug me. this is the thrid day running now i've come on here, posted quite a lot, but during the time i've been on the past few days there's probably been about 10 other posts by everyone else. i'm just getting bored of coming on here and talking to myself. i love coming on here still though, i just wish more people would post.

i wasn't gonna say anything but it's something that's really beginning to bug me. this is the thrid day running now i've come on here, posted quite a lot, but during the time i've been on the past few days there's probably been about 10 other posts by everyone else. i'm just getting bored of coming on here and talking to myself. i love coming on here still though, i just wish more people would post.

It's the summer holidays. Forum activity always goes down this time of the year.

I think about the whole thing with threads getting huge, i dont see why people dont just use the flash chat instead of the spam thread. Coz most of the time ive gone on that spam thread its a group of people all chatting together.

People seem to be scared of the chat. Every forum I've ever been on, the chat room has ended up getting deleted cause no one used it. Shoutboxes though - they always seem to be popular.

Plus having a randomness thread is gonna lead to convos between members... and it'd happen in any thread at some point too really. Cause it happens in the games threads and the dorks thread too.

It's the summer holidays. Forum activity always goes down this time of the year.

People seem to be scared of the chat. Every forum I've ever been on, the chat room has ended up getting deleted cause no one used it. Shoutboxes though - they always seem to be popular.

Plus having a randomness thread is gonna lead to convos between members... and it'd happen in any thread at some point too really. Cause it happens in the games threads and the dorks thread too.

i'll go on flash chat right now :hyper: ...me have no fear!!!! grrr!!:shifty:

Hmm...I haven't noticed that much drop-off in posting activity...and we've pretty consistently got 20-40 people on the boards most of the time...maybe it's the time of day you're coming on or just particular threads? Not sure...

I do think that as we get larger, it's getting a little more intimidating (possibly) for new members to post...so definitely be as encouraging as possible to new folks who join...