Your top 3 favorite female led rock bands

Crossfire

There isn't a whole lot of female led bands these days as opposed to male led, so hopefully this thread can introuduce other posters to new bands.

1. Paramore www.myspace.com/paramore

paramorand5.jpg

I didn't know of Paramore a couple years or so ago as I've never heard them on radio and never seen them talked about on any TV music channels. So about a year ago I was watching fuse and saw the video for the song "pressure" after it was done I instantly had to go on a search to get the album and see if I only liked that song or the whole album. Once I got there debut album "all we know is falling" I was very happy with how it turned out and was already looking forward to there new album which was called Riot and came out a month or so ago.

Seems like once this "Riot" album was about to come out I heard and read so many people looking forward to it. In AMP magazine it was one of the most anticpated albums of 2007 which shocked me as like I said a year or so ago I never heard anything about them. Now they playing on one of the main stages on the Warped Tour this year which is very neat to hear that there work is paying off. It is also interesting to see that my favorite female led rock band has younger members in it then me. I always have so positive things to say about Paramore, as does many others on this forum I am sure of.

2. The Vincent Black Shadow www.myspace.com/tvbs

The world that you know has been transformed into a sultry, hot, cabaret (circa Paris 1940’s). The band takes the stage, the singer raises her eyes, the look is malicious, murderous, yet addictive and captivating. The music is mildly reminiscent of Euro-cabaret with remnants of Blondie – No Doubt as the grinding guitars, hypnotic rhythms, the classical piano all add to this strange world. You realize that you can’t look away, you sit and watch, mesmerized. When was the last time you were truly mesmerized? You can’t remember and you don’t really care anyways. You are seeing one of the few truly original new alternatives to the world of music. You find yourself hoping, realizing that this is the real thing, a new direction, a new sound. Pure talent pours from the stage, people are watching every move, hanging on every word, every gesture. This band in not only talented, they are insanely talented and trained, schooled. The songs are captivating, well crafted, the vocal melodies are hook driven, delivered with emotional intensity that is vacant from the contemptuous eyes of Cassandra Ford as she caresses you hypnotically with lyrics that “…one of the few truly original new alternatives…”

tvbspv8.jpg

They only have one album out currently and aren't the most well-known band right now. There single which they sometimes show on Fuse is called "The Metro" and seems to be getting more well-known as I'm seeing it more and more on that channel.

I went to the Warped Tour this year and looked forward to seeing Paramore and The Vincent Black Shadow and I knew last year tvbs played a really small stage and this year they played a bigger one which was full of fans. I was standing right up close for there show this year and right next to the stage they had a whole box full of albums they were selling and they completly sold out of everything in the box after having the fans only hearing only about two songs. So I can already tell that they are becoming more and more popular which is indeed a plus as I am really looking forward to picking up there next album whenever they decided to start making it.

I should also add they put on one hell of show as they have those bands these days that have a good album so you think they sound good live yet they just can really be a awful band to see live. So again if your up to hearing music that I have heard from people can sometimes sound like No Doubt, which is nice as the tvbs have some ska sound with them I just hope they can get more and more fans.

3. Flyleaf www.myspace.com/flyleaf

While many loud rockers reopen old wounds by singing about their broken homes and broken hearts, Flyleaf confront past traumas to heal old scars and prove in the process that hope shines brighter than despair.

Flyleaf's self-titled debut album echoes with songs about abuse, neglect, addiction and dysfunction, and messages about overcoming adversity. And the band's wide array of brooding beats, atmospheric textures and lunging riffs compliment Mosley's emotionally revealing lyrics, which range from breathy and beautiful to scathing and aggressive

flyleafbp9.jpg

They have such an original sound compared to other female bands, as the singer for flyleaf can get angry and scream like in the song "I'm So Sick" yet can slow down a song perfectly for there song "So I thought."

Out of the bands I have listed on my fav 3 I would say Flyleaf is the most well-known as they have been touring well and seem to have many fans which like I said with the tvbs is great as that always makes a better chance for a second album. I was even pleased to see in the new Die Hard film when the guy is on his computer they are playing the "I'm So Sick" music video at the same time which is always cool to see a band you like being used in a movie. So yeah Flyleaf can sound angry when they need to, but can get soft at the same time so hopefully if you haven't heard of them yet you will, and see if there your kind of music.

Paramore

Eisley (go to eisley.com and check out their new single "Invasion" - so good)

Straylight Run (if we're counting them...and as much as Michelle sings on the new album, I think they count...)

If we can count solo artists, I'd add Fiona Apple as well. She's brilliant.