Kelly effin Clarkson

Rogue Ninja

Her new song is totally a rip-off from Beyoncé's Halo.

Ryan Tedder gave Beyonce and Kelly the same backing track. Kelly didn't want to release the single out of respect for Beyonce but RCA forced her too (she didn't realize she was duped until after Halo came out and by then the record was already being printed.

Read More About It Here

and Ryan Tedder's response here

^ exactly.

Kelly's said she "fought & fought" to stop the label releasing AG out of respect for Beyonce but now the albums done the label can do whatever. :roll: oh and AG was done looooong before Halo, halo just dropped first.

oh and btw, if anyone has a voice that could match KC, that is a HUGE achievement. she has an incredible range!!

^ the label has final say on EVERYTHING!!

She has always fought for artistic control, she got her way with My December. Kelly doesn't let the label push her around, any of her fans know that, that's why we love her so much. But, sometimes artists have to meet the label half-way, so thats pretty much why when kelly does the song live she has the arrangement completely changed, where it doesn't sound anything like the cd version.

It just pisses me off that people think AG is a Halo rip-off. If those of you that think that do ur research [look at the stuff kelcey posted] you'd see that kelly ddint know there was any such song called halo, let alone that it sounded like AG until Halo came out and at that time AIEW was complete and in printing, so it was too late to change anything.

Right, thats me done for the night, I'm going to bed lol.

Ryan Tedder deleted his original statement and now has an official statement. You can read it here

This thing is this isn't the first time he used similar sounds. Rumors are going around that parts of Jordin Spark's latest single "Battlefield" were taken from a Christian song...

I think there may be a backlash of Tedder songs as people are now taking a much more closer look at his work.

Edit: just so you know Perez is actually right. They are bailing on it as they are giving it away for free. Kelly needs to get out of the label fast. This could hurt other RCA artists from doing anything good as if they don't play by RCA's rules, they get bailed on. Does RCA even have the money to do this?! I thought the record industry was in bad shape. Now is not the time to play games like this (rant over).

To me, it seems like he's trying very hard to cover his butt with that statement, instead of admitting he's at fault. I mean he's given artists similar sounding backing tracks how many times now?!! I just find it hard to believe it could have been a genuine mistake :roll:

And about the Battlefield thing, the Christian song it sounds very much like is Our God Is An Awesome God.

& woah, I didn't know they were gonna start giving AG away for free!! Man and the labels have been campaigning against illegal downloading, now they do this! It's like shooting themselves in the ass!!

Kelly needs to get out of RCA quick, I feel so bad for her, all they do is control, control, control. She needs a different label that will give her more artistic freedom!!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Kelly's working on a new album expected to be released a the end of the year. :) She said it's gonna sound a little like 80's music. I'm so excited for it!

Also, she's recorded a few demo songs and has sung many new songs on the All I ever Wanted tour. If you guys are interested I can message you the new songs or you can find them on youtube. They're really good songs and you guys should definately give them a listen. :)

They're awesome songs. I heard some on youtube.

I've seen Kelly 4 times in the last 2 weeks. Got to meet her in Dublin on Feb 5th [my 2nd time to meet her] she is THE sweetest person ever. so friendly and nice, she's so freakin tiny you just wanna put her in your pocket, haha. Seriously, seeing her sing live is like a spiritual experience haha! Her voice is out of this world!

I'm very much hoping she'll be doing a North American tour this summer. I'm in Canada for a year, so it'd be perfect :)

• 4 weeks later...

Kelly is awesome live. At least that's the impression I get from youtube, because I've never seen her live :( How come she never had a concert DVD!? I hope that will change soon... Pink already had 3 concert DVDs, Kelly - 0... I get that Pink (whom I love too!) is more visual (some dancers, acrobatics), but Kelly's awesome too and as many rock bands proven (Muse, Foo Fighters ... ) you can just stand there and play the music and people are into it! I want a concert DVD! RCA - make it happen!

• Like 1

^ haha I agree! She was asked in an interview when she'll release one not too long ago, and she said she'd LOVE to but she wants it to be perfect, as y'know it's gonna be recorded on a dvd forever. So I guess she's waiting for the right time or whatever.

But yeah, if you ever have the chance to go see her live, DO IT!! I've see her 8 times total. 4 times last month on her UK/Ireland AIEW tour. and she is INCREDIBLE. she interacts so well with the crowd, so chatty, funny ....and her voice is out of this world. like we know that already, ha! but you really hear how insane her voice is when you're there in person. nothing like it!

:mrgreen: