Vegetarianism

benzzz

Whats everyones views on animal cruelty and veganism-vegetarian

I am a proud vegetarian

But i think Veganism is a bit far

Cows need to be milked

And Chickens need to lay eggs

We arent hurting them in anyway. Unless its battery cage hens.

I wanna hear what other people think

• Like 1

I ahve the same views as you. I mean, except for the fact that you're a vegetarian and I'm not. But I don't think the way that they kill animals is right either. At least they could kill them in a humane way.

I would be one, but my family doesn't support that therefore they wouldn't go for it. But I plan to become one the second I leave home.

veganism is like, obsurd to me. How people can go without everyday things like cheese and stuff is so idk, weird. like, my friend is one, and we're going to New York together and she won't be able to eat anything the whole time becasue the meals that we have to choose from contain dairy foods.

I personally don't understand veganism and being a vegetarian. I respect it and how people think it's the solution to stuff, but I don't get it. I mean, how can we say killing an animal for the sake of food is wrong when nature itself has created this cycle? Of course, there's a limit to this because humans tend to take more than they need.

I personally don't understand veganism and being a vegetarian. I respect it and how people think it's the solution to stuff, but I don't get it. I mean, how can we say killing an animal for the sake of food is wrong when nature itself has created this cycle? Of course, there's a limit to this because humans tend to take more than they need.

I don't think it's really the killing of animals, but how they go about doing it. It's inhumane.

I think animals were meant to be our dinner. However, I do not like the idear of people killing animals just for fashion, except in shoes. We need shoes. But do we really need $300.00 fur coats? Nah.

But I also do not have any problem with Vegetarianism or anything. It is all personal choice. We are all entitled to our own opinions ^_^

I've been a vegetarian for 3 years now.

I've always wanted to be one but I never thought

I could do it. So one day I got something in the mail

from PETA and about slaughter houses and stuff so

from then on I became a vegetarian. I was actually a

vegan for a month in the summer of '05, but I couldn't

do it. And I respect people who choose to eat meat,

but when it comes to hurting an animal for meat, I

don't respect that at all. Like people who eat KFC.

Urgh, I cry when I see people eating that, seriously.

^yeah it was because of peta2 that i became a vegetarian too.

i had tried to be vegetarian before and just could not do it, i lasted like a couple of days.

but seriously after watching all the peta2 stuff i just could not eat meat any more.i honestly didn't think all the peta2 stuff could really have that much of an impact on me, seriously.when i heard people say "oh yeah i saw one of those peta2 videos and i just never wanted to eat meat again", i used to be like "yeah right!!".

but seriously after watching meet your meat on the warped tour documentary i havent eaten meat.

it was weird because i went from eatting meat every day to eatting none at all!

i had tried to be vegetarian before and just could not do it, i lasted like a couple of days.

but seriously after watching all the peta2 stuff i just could not eat meat any more.i honestly didn't think all the peta2 stuff could really have that much of an impact on me, seriously.when i heard people say "oh yeah i saw one of those peta2 videos and i just never wanted to eat meat again", i used to be like "yeah right!!".

but seriously after watching meet your meat on the warped tour documentary i havent eaten meat.

Yeah, same here!

I'm not a vegetarian (I wouldn't be able to survive without meat. I'm hardcore meat lover), but I do agree with you about Veganism going too far. Cows do need to be milked and eggs need to lay those eggs. It's nature.

I don't see the harm in eating chese or other animal produts. They're not killing the animals so there's no harm. Although, I do realise the inhumane ways humans treat animals.

i've never seen those videos you are talking about before, but i think i should.

about a year or two ago, i watched a load of those types of videos, showing you animals being abused or whatever. they were being passed around via myspace bulletins and i was seriously sick to my stomach. i told myself i'd never eat meat again, and i was off it for about a week. then my mum made me spaghetti bolagnaise for dinner and i got made to eat it. she told me that it's bad for your diet if you don't eat meat and you're used to it.

i'd love to stop completely though. is it okay to eat fish though, or tuna? :-/ i'm guessing no.. but i live on it man.

i'd love to be able to do it, and i think people who are veggies or vegan are amazing.

i've never seen those videos you are talking about before, but i think i should.

about a year or two ago, i watched a load of those types of videos, showing you animals being abused or whatever. they were being passed around via myspace bulletins and i was seriously sick to my stomach. i told myself i'd never eat meat again, and i was off it for about a week. then my mum made me spaghetti bolagnaise for dinner and i got made to eat it. she told me that it's bad for your diet if you don't eat meat and you're used to it.

i'd love to stop completely though. is it okay to eat fish though, or tuna? :-/ i'm guessing no.. but i live on it man.

i'd love to be able to do it, and i think people who are veggies or vegan are amazing.

seriously i never ever thought watching the video things would have an impact on me.seriously.they are just so terrible.

i personally dont eat fish but loadsa veggies do, my mum tried to make me eat it all the time.and i went from eatting meat every day to none at all and im still fine :D

Although it seems hard to go vegetarian, its actually really easy. All my family eats meat. I jsut have to make my own meals.

If they did kill the animals in a better way and didnt over eat meat it wouldnt be soo bad

The animal testing and animal clothing products which are the worst

Some of the stuff they do to rabbits and rats for testing a perfuming is disgusting

I must say I didnt like peta being all over the place at warped giving out sitckers with a chick(chicken) on it saying "im not a nugget"

maybe its cause of them being so bothersome. my friend at work wont even eat KFC cause he somehow got a dvd in the mail or something and watched it. When they post that kind of stuff online I DONT watch it cause its gross and might make me cry and have nitemares but I still tend to eat meat. I just cant live without it. and people here look down on you if you say you're vegetarian.

i absolutely love animals, they're my passion. i'm going to school to become a zoologist. i think it's really unfortunate that when animals are killed they may be mistreated or tortured, but that's the nature of the beast. wild animals do it... lions, sharks, any predator. it's only natural that we eat meat. so, i'm not a vegetarian.

I believe Animal cruelty is wrong but eating meat is fine.

I mean we'd all be dead if we didn't eat animals. Two reasons: Cows are one of the biggest polluters in the world - totally true, it was on the news that if they weren't killed global warming would happen a lot quicker (if not have already happened). It's to do with them producing methane or something when they fart. No joke. And the other reason is animals over-populating. In some country in the world (I forget which one) there are more sheep than people as it is now.

And as Chris said, it's like life's cycle. Every animal hunts each other. e.g. The food chain.

I mean we'd all be dead if we didn't eat animals. Two reasons: Cows are one of the biggest polluters in the world - totally true, it was on the news that if they weren't killed global warming would happen a lot quicker (if not have already happened). It's to do with them producing methane or something when they fart. No joke. And the other reason is animals over-populating. In some country in the world (I forget which one) there are more sheep than people as it is now.

And as Chris said, it's like life's cycle. Every animal hunts each other. e.g. The food chain.

I agree.

i've been vegetarian for two and a half years. i just think it's kinda sick to think that some animal had to die so you could eat something you don't need. at this point, there are so many alternatives to meat, it's soooo easy to be a vegetarian.

and animal testing is stupid. do animal and human bodies work the same? no. so what's the point of testing things for humans on animals?

i couldnt agree more =]

i just think it's kinda sick to think that some animal had to die so you could eat something you don't need. at this point, there are so many alternatives to meat, it's soooo easy to be a vegetarian.

and animal testing is stupid. do animal and human bodies work the same? no. so what's the point of testing things for humans on animals?

i totally agree with you.