Who would win in a singing contest Hayley or Avril

steesh

Vocally they are both excellent in there own ways. They both have unique voices and Haley is one heck of a singer, but then deserves a lot more credit than she gets as far as singing goes:

Listen to that. Avril has had more experince, but Haley is so great. So it's hard to tell. First off most people and I would probably say Hayley, but when you look deeper in to it, it's actually a tough one to call. I've loved Avril for longer also, since 2002.

no way, hayley is alot stronger.

avril could never pull off the vocals in hallelujah.

I strongly disagree, with the last statement. I definelty think Avril could pull of Hallelujah, Avril has definetly proven that she can hit high notes so clearly. For example:

And have you heard Avril's Innocence? or the la la la's of tomorrow?

I definetly think Avril could sing Hallelujah well.

i've always loved Avril and i've got tons of respect for her as an artist and a person

her voice on her first tour wasn't that great, but thats what happens when you're young and not used to singing that often infront of that many people

she keeps getting better and better

but my vote goes to Hayley

^ very well put!

ahh i still hate this thread..it saddens me in a way..if your a fan of both why would you want to sit here and compare who is better? idk..(oh and please dont write hateful comments to me saying..if you hate this thread why are you coming to it and posting? your just wasting your time [=)

• Like 1

^ =)

Agreed.

This thread is a little bit beyond the point of Hayley vs. Avril I think. If people think Avril has a better voice, it doesn't mean they're not a fan of Paramore, or that they're weird, it just means that Avril sounds better to THEM.

Theres no point in arguing about it. They have different styles, and so depending on which one appeals to you the most, its all subjective.

• Like 1

snap. why's it always avril anyway? why not ashlee simpson or something if we're going to be comparing hayley to other female singers. celine dion ;-)

agreed.

and i think this type of threads are useless.

Both of them are good, different artists, differenst styles. The end.

and yeah i like avril a lot, and it really irritates me when people start bashing like this.

damn

i made a nice point in the car today when Complicated came on the radio

Avril's got a really nice more mellow voice

she does outstanding slow songs

but Hayley's got more power behind her voice

and more obvious range

so, yeah

they're both really good

i just prefer Hayley's style more

They both have VERY different voices. It's hard to say.

I'd say Hayley. She almost always has perfect pitch and she's never wavery or imbalenced. A nice and strong, firm voice.

Avril is getting better, but she's definately not perfect (have you heard her sing Hot live lately? She's not hitting the notes! ouch!).