Avril Lavigne part 2

thebrowncoat

I didn't like her last album as much as the first two, but I still liked it, it was like a guilty pleasure haha. The tour was more like a cheerleading show though. I saw her on her first tour and it was waaaay better, so I kinda hope she goes back to what she was before.

• 9 months later...

cant wait either. Kayla you like a lot of good music, Avril, VE. your cool. you ever here of Halestorm or Automatic loveletter??

i've already heard of automatic loveletter but not halestorm,but i'm going to search for halestorm haha

anyway, here are the offical album cover and tracklist for goodbye lullaby

The time has come to unveil the complete track-listing for Avril's forthcoming new album, Goodbye Lullaby, coming March 8, 2011!

1. Black Star

2. What The Hell

3. Push

4. Wish You Were Here

5. Smile

6. Stop Standing There

7. I Love You

8. Everybody Hurts

9. Not Enough

10. 4 Real

11. Darlin

12. Remember When

13. Goodbye

14. Alice (hidden track)

here is the album cover

Avril_Lavigne_Goodbye_Lullaby.jpg

source: http://www.avrillavigne.com/

I enjoy Avril's music but I'm not interesten in what is she doing. I don't like that behind her is a band who works but... no one care about them, it's just about Avril.

I don't want to comment anything about Avril - the person. I just like her music.

I really don't like this song, I'll wait to see what the album sounds like but I'm not holding my breath, I used to really like her but now not so much

come on give her a chance, like avril said on interviews,it's the only pop song on the album the rest of the songs are different,more acoustic/emotional.personal stuff, reminiscent of her past albums Let Go and Under My Skin, remember that this album was done a year ago? She has a BIG CONFLICT with RCA Records, RCA want Avril to released a THE BEST DAMN THING PART 2 album which songs are marketable but Avril refused coz she wants to write the stuff she wants instead. That's the reason it took so long to released an album,in fact Avril doesn't want that What The Hell song coz it's poppy, Her record label only wants it. I'm glad that the conflict was resolved in late November 2010. If you love Paramore's Brand New Eyes album, you might love this album as well haha March 8 is the release date of this Goodbye Lullaby Album so mark your calendar. Or if you don't wanna buy,you can simply download this album in the net haha

come on give her a chance, like avril said on interviews,it's the only pop song on the album the rest of the songs are different,more acoustic/emotional.personal stuff, reminiscent of her past albums Let Go and Under My Skin, remember that this album was done a year ago? She has a BIG CONFLICT with RCA Records, RCA want Avril to released a THE BEST DAMN THING PART 2 album which songs are marketable but Avril refused coz she wants to write the stuff she wants instead. That's the reason it took so long to released an album,in fact Avril doesn't want that What The Hell song coz it's poppy, Her record label only wants it. I'm glad that the conflict was resolved in late November 2010. If you love Paramore's Brand New Eyes album, you might love this album as well haha March 8 is the release date of this Goodbye Lullaby Album so mark your calendar. Or if you don't wanna buy,you can simply download this album in the net haha

Thank you for answering me and not yelling at me :)

I was really disappointed with the song because like you said I was expecting something more acoustic and personal and I thought that once again she gave in to those who wanted her to do something more popish...

I didn't know about the conflicts with RCA and I'm glad she fought for her songs :)

I'm definitely waiting for the album because I was counting on this album to see if I would keep listening to her or not, The Best Damn thing is an ok album but she could have done so much better...

Hey guys. I'm an Avril fan as well as a Paramore fan. I'm glad that's she coming out with a new album. However, I have my concerns about Avril's future.

First of all, The Best Damn Thing didn't go down very well with the general public. Even most of her fans felt alienated by her change in direction. And in the past four years, Avril has become...well...irrelevant. This is evident in how the public nowadays seems to be more interested in the likes of Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Paramore.

I figured that Goodbye Lullaby would be Avril's 'comeback' album, since it's the type of album she wanted to make. But if it doesn't spark interest among the general audience, Avril won't be able to return to prominence.

I predict that Avril's new album will have one of the following results:

1) Become a huge comeback album like Mariah's Emancipation Of Mimi

2) Become a big hit like Pink's last album

3) Become a modest hit like Kelly Clarkson's last album

4) Become a flop like Christina Aguilera's last album

I personally believe that Avril's new album will do okay. However, the album will result in only one Top 10 hit (What The Hell), a couple of under-performing singles, mediocre album sales (stopping at only platinum status), and zero Grammy/Juno/VMA award nominations.

If Avril's new album does flop, it will mean that she'll have to work harder to get the general audience interested in her again. And she'll have to do this without creating another Girlfriend.

Second of all, as for touring, I've heard that Avril may not want to tour this time around. Since she's been gone for four years, she might just see how the album sells before going on tour again. Like Christina Aguilera last year, why tour if your album isn't selling well, and if no one will buy tickets?

Avril will have to think hard before announcing a tour- as her last tour struggled to sell tickets.

Just my two cents.

mediocre album sales (stopping at only platinum status)

Only!? D:

For the record, I absolutely loved The Best Damn Thing. Dunno what it was about it. Probably that it was more poppy, as I'm a huge sucker for pop. Ask anyone. They'll know. Still, really excited to see what this album brings.