Avril Lavigne part 2

thebrowncoat

Eh. I guess Avril has a mix of both casual fans and haters among the Paramore community. :unsure:

She's a fairly competent live singer from what I've seen in live performances on youtube, and some of the acoustic performances are fairly listenable for me.

Wouldn't go out and buy her stuff though and in general any really bubblegum pop type stuff from any artist makes me want to drive a nail through someone's jugular

The album is gonna be really different that the single, she was in conflicts with her label because they wanted her to release " the Best Damn Thing 2.0 and she didn't give in but they wanted her to release " what the hell " , I agree it is a terrible song...

I never liked Avril Lavigne that much, liked looking at her back when she first came out, that was it. But her music never did anything for me. Too poppy, like sugar, I felt like I was getting diabetes when I listened.

oh really??? you must be only familiar with her 2007 album THE BEST DAMN THING. If you bought her older albums 2002 LET GO and 2004 UNDER MY SKIN, you will eventually change your mind and tell me if her music will still do nothing for you. You might think that those 2 albums are way better than All We Know Is Falling, Riot! and Brand New Eyes combined hahaha You should know that Avril and Hayley both liked each other. Avril liked her song Airplanes as she said in the interviews, as for Hayley, she likes her album LET GO and She sang SK8ER BOI lyrics on her twitter account yelyahwilliams months ago haha

Sk8r Boi is one of the WORST songs I've ever heard in my entire life. I'm very familiar with all of Avril's music and while I wouldn't say I hate it all, I think that it's mostly very crap.

it's crap? i don't think so, ok here's the thing, Avril writes songs about her personal experiences and reality of life. In Let Go,her theme is about a teenage life. Listen to her song MY WORLD, she sang about her life in Napanee, Ontario, Canada where she worked in a chicken restaurant back there. Listen to her album UNDER MY SKIN, the theme for that album is about a breakup in her ex boyfriends, listen to her song MY HAPPY ENDING FOR PROOF, also listen to her song NOBODY'S HOME,it's a bout a child's vagrancy looking for a place to stay. Listen to her song FALL TO PIECES,it's about making up with he ex boyfriend and getting back together and finally her song SLIPPED AWAY where she wrote about her beloved pass away grandpa. In her 3rd album THE BEST DAMN THING, the theme for that album is fun. Now her 4th album GOODBYE LULABY is coming very soon.

I also want to tell you why Avril is better than Hayley, Avril can play both electric/acoustic guitar,drums and piano,go to youtube for proof, I wonder if your beloved Hayley can do those instruments hahaha

it's crap? i don't think so, ok here's the thing, Avril writes songs about her personal experiences and reality of life. In Let Go,her theme is about a teenage life. Listen to her song MY WORLD, she sang about her life in Napanee, Ontario, Canada where she worked in a chicken restaurant back there. Listen to her album UNDER MY SKIN, the theme for that album is about a breakup in her ex boyfriends, listen to her song MY HAPPY ENDING FOR PROOF, also listen to her song NOBODY'S HOME,it's a bout a child's vagrancy looking for a place to stay. Listen to her song FALL TO PIECES,it's about making up with he ex boyfriend and getting back together and finally her song SLIPPED AWAY where she wrote about her beloved pass away grandpa. In her 3rd album THE BEST DAMN THING, the theme for that album is fun. Now her 4th album GOODBYE LULABY is coming very soon.

I also want to tell you why Avril is better than Hayley, Avril can play both electric/acoustic guitar,drums and piano,go to youtube for proof, I wonder if your beloved Hayley can do those instruments hahaha

Notsureifsrs.

Hayley can play guitar, keyboards/piano and drums as well.

Could hardly say either Avril or Hayley are virtuosos on those particular instruments. Their (Avril and Hayley) primary strength is quite obviously in the vocal department.

do you really need to force us to love avril? it's not a crime when person has different opinion than you. just sayin'

since when did i pushed you to like her??? I don't think so geez!

Anyway that is the reason there is OTHER MUSIC thread in this website so I can post my thoughts about Avril, come on, I have my opinion too duh!

Firstly, I would like to state that I have been a fan of Avril Lavigne's for 8 years and a Paramore fan for 6 years.

It is extremely stupid and immature to compare Avril (solo artist) to Hayley (lead singer for band). They make different music and sing differently.

Avril's voice is most compatible for pop music. When she sings pop songs (What the Hell) her voice is strong...when she tries to sing rock songs (Losing Grip) her voice completely falls apart.

Hayley's voice is most compatible to rock songs. Hayley doesn't try to 'pop out' she rocks out. Avril needs to stop trying to rock out cuz it just doesn't suit her.

In my opinon Hayley has the better and stronger voice. She has always been a great live singer and is very consistant. Avril's live performances were horrible until she realized that her voice range was more soprano than alto. Avril is still growing as a singer and has imporved and gotten great live performances out of her growth. Same as Hayley.

When it comes down to the point, Avril and Hayley are different singers. They use a different method to sing, have different voice ranges, sing different music, and are different ages (which does make a difference) They both are great singers.

But my vote goes to Hayley.

Now let's get back on topic!! This thread is about AVRIL LAVIGNE! not hayley williams, or who has the better voice.

I personally really like Avril's new song 'What the Hell' I'm really excited that she's back and can't wait to hear the new album!! I'm hoping it's going to have a theme/tone similar to UMS. I mean she did say that WTH is the most pop track on the new album.

Firstly, I would like to state that I have been a fan of Avril Lavigne's for 8 years and a Paramore fan for 6 years.

It is extremely stupid and immature to compare Avril (solo artist) to Hayley (lead singer for band). They make different music and sing differently.

Avril's voice is most compatible for pop music. When she sings pop songs (What the Hell) her voice is strong...when she tries to sing rock songs (Losing Grip) her voice completely falls apart.

Hayley's voice is most compatible to rock songs. Hayley doesn't try to 'pop out' she rocks out. Avril needs to stop trying to rock out cuz it just doesn't suit her.

In my opinon Hayley has the better and stronger voice. She has always been a great live singer and is very consistant. Avril's live performances were horrible until she realized that her voice range was more soprano than alto. Avril is still growing as a singer and has imporved and gotten great live performances out of her growth. Same as Hayley.

When it comes down to the point, Avril and Hayley are different singers. They use a different method to sing, have different voice ranges, sing different music, and are different ages (which does make a difference) They both are great singers.

But my vote goes to Hayley.

Now let's get back on topic!! This thread is about AVRIL LAVIGNE! not hayley williams, or who has the better voice.

I personally really like Avril's new song 'What the Hell' I'm really excited that she's back and can't wait to hear the new album!! I'm hoping it's going to have a theme/tone similar to UMS. I mean she did say that WTH is the most pop track on the new album.

ok thanks for your honest opinion. anyway 2011 is really a spectacular year!!! There are tons of new album from my fav artists/bands, Avril, Skye Sweetnam, Blink 182, Sum 41, Greenday, The Offspring, Gob, Simple Plan, Billy talent, Rise Aganst, Yellowcard, New Found Glory, The Starting Line, etc... I can't friggin wait hahaa

dude skye sweetnam! I loved her when the song tangled up in my came out!

yes indeed!!! Her best album is still 2004 Noise From The Basement, her 2007 album Sound Soldier is good but her 1st album is way better haha, Skye reminds me of Avril a lot coz they are both Canadians hahaha I'm crossing my fingers for her 3rd album thsi year.

I'm really excited for the new Avril album to finally come out, after release dates have been pushed forward since november 2009.

But I do hope the album will sound more like Avril's first 2 albums Let Go and UMS rather than TBDT, which is not one of my favourites x)

And to comment on the discussion before; Hayley is obviously a better singer than Avril, especially live. But they're both still great musicians with great voices and I love them both :)

• 2 weeks later...