Avril Lavigne part 2

thebrowncoat

Nice vid ! ;-)

thanks, anyway I have a feeling that her 2nd single will be PUSH, a song she and Evan Taubenfeld wrote together. Plus Evan sang there as well haha, The Avril & Evan love team reminds me of Hayley and Josh Farro haha,coz both Evan and Josh are guitarists and also likes the band's lead singer. March 8 2011, Can't wait for her Goodbye Lullaby album

Here is the GOODBYE LULLABY snippets, go listen, I really love the track 3 PUSH featuring Evan Taubenfeld, it is the second single like Avril said haha. I also love the Track 13 GOODBYE, it's about her ex hubby Deryck Whibley, that song made me cry.

Standard Version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRpY6h5-RHE

Deluxe Version (Contains Bonus tracks and a Joan Jett cover for Bad Reputaion)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WNggvLJlTk&feature=player_embedded

i really like Goodbye Lullaby, my favorites are Smile and Remember When... and Not Enough too, and of course WTH... along with Alice haha, even though i don't like the new version that much :/

for me i love PUSH, SMILE, STOP STANDING THERE, GOODBYE, NOT ENOUGH, I LOVE YOU

If you can't resist temptation until March 8, here is the download link for Goodbye Lullaby album leaked haha, You will definitely love the songs there, she finally came back to her old Let Go/Under My Skinnish style in this album

http://www.kickasstorrents.com/search/%22goodbye-lullaby%22-avril-lavigne-album/

• 2 weeks later...

Please keep in mind that I like avril but I'm not convinced by this album, what happened to her " most personal album ? " I know she were in conflict with her label but this album screams I GAVE UP, I'M SELLING OUT

I really feel like she doesn't know who she is anymore, trying to be someone she's not, at some point I felt like I was listening to Katie Perry : Smile is the most painful track on this album, " crazy bith " really ? O_o

The sound really changed, RnBish, computer stuff, where are the guitars ? Don't get me wrong some songs are really catchy but it doesn't sound like her AT ALL , it could be songs for Katie Perry, Ke$ha anyone in the pop industry...

She really wrote better lyrics than that...

I really hope she can resolve her label problem and why not start elsewhere because if she keeps on delivering things like that, she's gonna fall hard...

wait and see

@ jeremyunderground41, I gave her a chance and I'm not convinced

I also want to tell you why Avril is better than Hayley, Avril can play both electric/acoustic guitar,drums and piano,go to youtube for proof, I wonder if your beloved Hayley can do those instruments hahaha

Avril's drum playing isn't worth being mentioned.

Please keep in mind that I like avril but I'm not convinced by this album, what happened to her " most personal album ? " I know she were in conflict with her label but this album screams I GAVE UP, I'M SELLING OUT

I really feel like she doesn't know who she is anymore, trying to be someone she's not, at some point I felt like I was listening to Katie Perry : Smile is the most painful track on this album, " crazy bith " really ? O_o

The sound really changed, RnBish, computer stuff, where are the guitars ? Don't get me wrong some songs are really catchy but it doesn't sound like her AT ALL , it could be songs for Katie Perry, Ke$ha anyone in the pop industry...

She really wrote better lyrics than that...

I really hope she can resolve her label problem and why not start elsewhere because if she keeps on delivering things like that, she's gonna fall hard...

wait and see

@ jeremyunderground41, I gave her a chance and I'm not convinced

Did you buy the album already? It has been released a week ago last March 8 haha, Besides what the hell, you should listen to her other songs such as I Love You, Stop Standing There, Darlin, Goodbye, Not Enough, You will hear the masterpiece oh her voice, She wrote 7 songs without a co-writer such as BLACK STAR, STOP STANDING THERE, DARLIN,4 REAL, REMEMBER WHEN, GOODBYE and ALICE, RCA is forcing her to become the next lady gaga, kesha and katy perry but avril resisted, stood up for herself because she wants RCA to know that she is capable of writing songs without fitting in to the Mainstream sounds nowadays, Avril doesn't want to be a record company slave. That's true punk, Not just conforming haha. Avril doesn't care so much about Grammy's and record sales, she wants to express her music. That' why I love about her. Her fans from Let Go and Under My Skin really loved this album, Her The Best Damn Thing fans don't like this album much. To be honest I find her Goodbye Lullaby Snippets repetitive chord patterns but when I bought the album yesterday, I love all the songs. Avril isn't a poetic songwriter like Hayley Williams but her simple lyrics/melodies suits her a lot haha

I listened to the album online, I listented to every song ( unfortunately for some songs+.. )

I like Push, I love you, not enough, every body hurts, darlin, 4 real remember when...

I can't STAND : Smile she's so trying to sound like Katie Perry in this one

Stop standing there, I don't like the constant clapping in the chorus

What the hell is ok bit it sounds really easy...

Goodbye : was her purpose to repeat every lyrics twice or three times ? goodbye goodbye, i love you so I love you so I love you so... we got it

What really surprised me is how strong her vocals are now, she really improved cause there was a time when she was really bad live...

As for the songs she wrote alone, I'm not saying they are bad songs for the most part

Wish you were here is ok, but it could be a song for znyone in the pop industry :)

RCA is forcing her to become the next lady gaga, kesha and katy perry but avril resisted, stood up for herself because she wants RCA to know that she is capable of writing songs without fitting in to the Mainstream sounds nowadays, Avril doesn't want to be a record company slave.

Come on she sold out a little, you can't say that some songs don't sound like just like katie perry or Ke$ha would sound, I know you're a fan but it's really obvious for Smile. I get that Goodbye Lullabye is as good as it gets because she was pressured by her label but she could have done really better but I know it's not easy in the industry for her now, she's been gone for a long time and a lot of people arrived while she was gone....

That's true punk, Not just conforming haha.

She did her best with the situation, true punk would have quit and started elsewhere

Avril doesn't care so much about Grammy's and record sales, she wants to express her music. That' why I love about her. Her fans from Let Go and Under My Skin really loved this album, Her The Best Damn Thing fans don't like this album much. To be honest I find her Goodbye Lullaby Snippets repetitive chord patterns but when I bought the album yesterday, I love all the songs.

I do believe that she's genuine about her music and that she's not interested in sales.

Avril isn't a poetic songwriter like Hayley Williams but her simple lyrics/melodies suits her a lot haha

I know that but repeating " damn dam damn, I love you so I love you so, goodbye goodbye goodbye tends to be a little annoying

You know, reviewing this album made me realize that I only hate 2 songs but I strongly hate them, the other good songs are ok but a few don't sound like avril, anyway, I wish her the best

I listened to the album online, I listented to every song ( unfortunately for some songs+.. )

I like Push, I love you, not enough, every body hurts, darlin, 4 real remember when...

I can't STAND : Smile she's so trying to sound like Katie Perry in this one

Stop standing there, I don't like the constant clapping in the chorus

What the hell is ok bit it sounds really easy...

Goodbye : was her purpose to repeat every lyrics twice or three times ? goodbye goodbye, i love you so I love you so I love you so... we got it

What really surprised me is how strong her vocals are now, she really improved cause there was a time when she was really bad live...

As for the songs she wrote alone, I'm not saying they are bad songs for the most part

Wish you were here is ok, but it could be a song for znyone in the pop industry :)

Come on she sold out a little, you can't say that some songs don't sound like just like katie perry or Ke$ha would sound, I know you're a fan but it's really obvious for Smile. I get that Goodbye Lullabye is as good as it gets because she was pressured by her label but she could have done really better but I know it's not easy in the industry for her now, she's been gone for a long time and a lot of people arrived while she was gone....

She did her best with the situation, true punk would have quit and started elsewhere

I do believe that she's genuine about her music and that she's not interested in sales.

I know that but repeating " damn dam damn, I love you so I love you so, goodbye goodbye goodbye tends to be a little annoying

You know, reviewing this album made me realize that I only hate 2 songs but I strongly hate them, the other good songs are ok but a few don't sound like avril, anyway, I wish her the best

Hey Shaniali, check out this What The Hell live at Jay Leon Show

you will notice that Av is sick, but she doesn't want to disappoint her fans so she still sang 100% live haha, other singers will prefer to lip synch if they are sick, but Avril is different, she's 100% against lip synching.

As for the poppy songs What The Hell and Smile, you are right, Smile reminds me of Katy Perry song haha, the rest of the songs don't sound today's mainstream songs. If you buy her album, It contains 5 bonus tracks BAD REPUTATION (JOAN JETT cover) and Acoustic Performances of WTH, Smile, Push and Wish You Were Here

you will notice that Av is sick, but she doesn't want to disappoint her fans so she still sang 100% live haha, other singers will prefer to lip synch if they are sick, but Avril is different, she's 100% against lip synching.

This sentence bothers me a little.

I credit Avril for still singing, but to say she's completely different from everyone else for still singing isn't true. I know plenty of artists who would still sing a show if they weren't feeling well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

She really is under a ridiculous amount of pressure from LAVA, Smile will be the next single , she wanted it to be Push, she can't even choose her own single now, she should leave her label

OMG she covered Hay's AIRPLANES live in China, It's not a full song, it's just an intro to her old song MY HAPPY ENDING

please watch here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOSEWXT-q_Q

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone. As you guys could tell from my avatar, I love both Avril and Taylor. I don't know how many casual Avril fans are on this forum. But as a huge Avril fan, I was wondering if I could ask any Avril fans here for their take on Avril's career.

Avril's new album, Goodbye Lullaby, hasn't been selling well. Plus, her world tour is now up in the air.

Many of Avril's fans left her after she had released The Best Damn Thing. But Goodbye Lullaby was designed to win back her old fans. Also, What The Hell was supposed to appeal to teens and tweens.

Unfortunately, it seems like Avril's fans have moved on. And much of the younger crowd is busy listening to Paramore and TayTay. And adult music listeners will never take her seriously.

I feel that Avril's fanbase has greatly dwindled, and that she is now facing a decline in relevance in popular music.

On the other hand, other female artists like Britney are still going strong.

What do you think is the cause of Avril's disappointing album sales? Why do you think Avril is struggling while other female artists are doing better?

Do you think Avril can make any kind of comeback from this commercial slump? Do you think Avril is well on the way to fading into obscurity?

Thanks for listening, guys.

Hey everyone. As you guys could tell from my avatar, I love both Avril and Taylor. I don't know how many casual Avril fans are on this forum. But as a huge Avril fan, I was wondering if I could ask any Avril fans here for their take on Avril's career.

Avril's new album, Goodbye Lullaby, hasn't been selling well. Plus, her world tour is now up in the air.

Many of Avril's fans left her after she had released The Best Damn Thing. But Goodbye Lullaby was designed to win back her old fans. Also, What The Hell was supposed to appeal to teens and tweens.

Unfortunately, it seems like Avril's fans have moved on. And much of the younger crowd is busy listening to Paramore and TayTay. And adult music listeners will never take her seriously.

I feel that Avril's fanbase has greatly dwindled, and that she is now facing a decline in relevance in popular music.

What do you think is the cause of Avril's disappointing album sales? Why do you think Avril is struggling while other female artists are doing better?

Do you think Avril can make any kind of comeback from this commercial slump? Do you think Avril is well on the way to fading into obscurity?

It's not about the record sales, Avril doesn't care much about popularity, It's about the quality music she makes. Remember that she wrote 7 songs alone in Goodbye Lullaby album???? all those songs are amazing, introspective, meaningful and emotional. Sounds nothing like the mainstream music today such as Lady Gaga, Kesha, Katy Perry, Britney, etc... That's what I love about Avril, she stands up on her own, not conforming what her record company wants her to be.

anyway here's her amazing 2nd single music video for SMILE, please watch haha

I think there's many reasons

-First, she stayed away too long and other singers arrived like Taylor Swift, Katy Perry...

- She started to give the impression she was selling out, many endorsements, The Best Damn Thing, with lyrics about getting drunk, I don't know she gave me the impression that she was letting go and that she just wanted to have fun and that she stopped caring about music...

I think she's really on thin ice in her label, they forced her to record a song she doesn't like and they release it as a single, it's clearly a red flag...

I think that she played a dangerous game with the best damn thing and selling out and that now she wants to go back to real music, her label doesn't want to let her do what she wants

As for the future, I don't want to sound pessimistic but I wouldn't be surprised if Lava dropped her sooner than later...

Goodbye Lullaby is an ok album which would be way better without what the hell and smile kind of crap, I know she said in interviews she wanted to write a personal album but releasing what the heel and smile doesn't really go in that directionand it will send the wrong sgnals to her old fans...

I think there's many reasons

-First, she stayed away too long and other singers arrived like Taylor Swift, Katy Perry...

- She started to give the impression she was selling out, many endorsements, The Best Damn Thing, with lyrics about getting drunk, I don't know she gave me the impression that she was letting go and that she just wanted to have fun and that she stopped caring about music...

I think she's really on thin ice in her label, they forced her to record a song she doesn't like and they release it as a single, it's clearly a red flag...

I think that she played a dangerous game with the best damn thing and selling out and that now she wants to go back to real music, her label doesn't want to let her do what she wants

As for the future, I don't want to sound pessimistic but I wouldn't be surprised if Lava dropped her sooner than later...

Goodbye Lullaby is an ok album which would be way better without what the hell and smile kind of crap, I know she said in interviews she wanted to write a personal album but releasing what the heel and smile doesn't really go in that directionand it will send the wrong sgnals to her old fans...

I completely agree with you. Except for Lava. Her record label is actually RCA, who also gave Christina Aguilera the shaft.

Anyway, I do have some resentment toward Avril for The Best Damn Thing. That turned off a lot of fans, and they never came back to her. Plus, RCA wanted her to make another album like that. She refused and they delayed Goodbye Lullaby until she recorded What The Hell and Smile. Hence her 4-year break from music. Now with What The Hell and Smile released as singles, people must be thinking that her new album is just another bratty, immature showcase. As a result, the Goodbye Lullaby era for Avril has become a jumbled mess.

So there are three things to blame:

1) Avril for making a crap album like The Best Damn Thing

2) RCA for delaying her new album and making her record What The Hell and Smile as singles

3) Her fans for being unloyal, moving on, and never coming back to her

I liked her in the beginning, but then I sorta got outta touch with music in general...I started just not listening, not sure why. Anyway, the last real stuff I heard was from the Sk8er boi cd. Then I heard Goodbye Lullaby, and I loved about half the songs.

I know alot of people are downing Goodbye, but that song she wrote because of her breakup/divorce or whatever. Anyway, I really like some of the songs, and I think she sorta needs to just start over as far as everything goes. Forget the record label, do what she wants. Someone will pick her up.

WTH is okay, but really there isn't much to it, for me anyway. I feel like it's a bit of a bratty song, but it doesn't really seem to be one she's too pleased with from what I've saw.

I can say I sorta don't...feel like she's a bit of a sellout. I will probably keep listening, but it'll take a bit for her to regain my respect.

On the other hand, other female artists like Britney are still going strong

Britany mostly has tweens from what I've seen. While my friends see her as sort of a joke, my nieces are in love with her.

Part of it probably has something to do with seeming to have sold out, but I think she's doing the best she can to get back to her originality. As for the others, they are mostly newer than her.

I don't really know. I'd like to think she could make a comeback.

I completely agree with you. Except for Lava.

Yeah I meant RCA sorry, I confused her label with Simple Plan's lol , don't really know why... ;-)

Her record label is actually RCA, who also gave Christina Aguilera the shaft

Is it confirmed ? I heard that after Bionic desastrous sales, they were considering letting her go but I don't think it actually happened, I read that one of the RCA guy said that she was really important in the music industry and that she was really pushing herself as an artist and that they were supporting her 100%...

Oh well, maybe it was just PR

Her record label is actually RCA, who also gave Christina Aguilera the shaft

Is it confirmed ? I heard that after Bionic desastrous sales, they were considering letting her go but I don't think it actually happened, I read that one of the RCA guy said that she was really important in the music industry and that she was really pushing herself as an artist and that they were supporting her 100%...

Oh well, maybe it was just PR

Perhaps I used "the shaft" in the wrong context.

RCA actually delayed the release of Bionic. So when Bionic was released, people slammed Christina for copying Lady Gaga.

Both Avril and Christina are in the same position. It's uncertain whether or not they will be able to make a comeback.

As one Avril fan has stated: "RCA are fucking up careers".