Avril Lavigne part 2

thebrowncoat

I don't know if you guys have seen it or not. But you go on any Avril fansites, there's been a lot of in-fighting among her fans.

There are fans who criticize Avril for not maturing, not doing enough for Goodbye Lullaby, not improving her image, not advancing her music, etc. This and that.

I've never seen fans on one site so discontent with their own favorite artist.

If Avril doesn't have her fans anymore, what else does she have left?

She def got better, it's undeniable

yep, way better than hayley in my opinion haha. Too bad she didn't play STOP STANDING THERE at that stadium. She played that song on her Asian Black Star tour last month where she played a piano.

about Goodbye Lullaby, I don't think that Avril cares about her record sales, she just wanted to make honest music. I really hope that She will write songs on her 5th album on her own again. As far as I'm concerned, LAdy Gaga, Katy Perry, Kesha care about their record sales and just follow what their manager told them especially the autotune thingy. I'm glad that Avril sticks to her own style, here's her portion of interview last week.

Interviewer: In the Lady Gaga era, do you feel pressure to get more theatrical?

Avril: I definitely stick to my style. I don't really follow the trends. I am aware that it's very much a thing to be very rhythmic and overproduced and very dance pop on radio today, and a lot of singers are over the top with their wardrobes and costumes, and that's great because that's who they are. But I've never really been like that. I just dress how I feel. I like to be comfortable. See what I mean? Avril doesn't follow trends like Gaga and Katy Perry, haha

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

She's releasing my favourite song next :)

She doesn't seem to be doing well in the UK just now.. her album didn't really chart, I've never seen 'smile' on TV and she's never mentioned anywhere. And she's not playing scotland.. :( :( :( :(

• 2 months later...

Hey guys. Call me crazy. But I'm a bit concerned about Avril atm.

She just nixed a tour of the United States. And there's lots of speculation that her music career is coming to an end.

Do you guys think there would be any way for Avril to make a comeback and save her career? Why or why not?

I'm interested in hearing what everyone has to say. I just want to do some soul-searching and get to the bottom of Avril's massive loss of success this past year.

The problem is her label same than Kelly Clarkson and Christina Aguilera who are pushing them to really do mainstream songs and not really what they'd like to do, I don't know how many albums Avril still owes to her label but I know that Kelly can't wait to be gone, she's waiting patienty for her contract to be finished...

As for Avril, I heard she was working on her new album and that she wants to release it fast, it would be a good idea. We'll see how things turn out when she changes labels maybe she'll be able to make the music that she wants...

As for doing well, in France, her songs were on tv and radio but I don't know about going to her shows...