Ode to Hayley

Jammer

Hahm you're probably gonna call me an immense fanboy for this, but I got bored recently and wrote a little piece on why Hayley is so awesome. :P So yeah, I thought some of you would like to see it...

I got into the band Paramore recently, after a few people on The Subways forum were talking about them relentlessly, along with ‘that fit bird’ who was their lead singer, I was told. That fit bird turned out to be Hayley Williams, an 18-year old Nashville native who despite only barely standing over 5 feet tall, possesses a talent far surpassing her small stature.

She sings with a voice that has a range and power far surpassing most other lead singers in the musical scene, and while this could partly be due to vocal lessons with Bret Manning, who has a considerable reputation among many vocalists, a lot of her vocals comes purely naturally, rather than having to force it out. A quick listen to the band’s back catalogue clearly shows the range she possesses, from the sheer emotion behind ‘My Heart’ and ‘We Are Broken’ through to the more angsty tones of ‘All We Know’ and ‘Misery Business’.

Haven grown up with a life of relative misery, with a step father that was abusive and controlling towards her mother, facilitating a move to Nashville, where young Hayley had to endure a High School period that she didn’t find very happy, but a love of music was an escape for all of this, and that love would also sow the first seeds for the band that would become Paramore, and the bad times acted as the lyrical basis for them, showing her what love wasn’t about, rather than what it was.

There’s plenty of people I know of who can’t seem to mention Paramore without bringing up the fact ‘Hayley is fit’. While it’s impossible to deny that she’s an attractive girl: perfectly stylized hair, flawless skin, glittering green eyes and a gleaming pearly smile: you shouldn’t just pass her off as a pretty face. She can sing, as previously mentioned, and comes across in interviews and the like as a thoroughly sweet person. No wonder that so many of my fellow posters on PF.com gush so much about how amazing and influential she is, as someone so sweet and passionate about her music can only be a good role model for countless young female fans across the world.

So this is to you, Miss Williams: we all love you. In a platonic sense of course. :P

So yeah, leave a comment if you wish. :)

good job on this lol, when i read it the first time i didnt realize you said the subways forum, for some reason i thought you just on the subways you heard people tlaking about them and i tthought "thats weird" but this time i seen the subway forums and that made more sense lol.

but you like the subways?! cause they're amazing. i never met anyone else who liked them. i almost seen em live with tbs once but they played first and we were late. i was so sad