Arctic Monkeys

I Run With Scissors

I'm not sure how many Americans have heard of them or not but they're quite possibly the most hyped band to come out of the UK for long time.

While and their debut album couldn't possibly live up to the hype, it is still a very fine piece of work and is the fastest selling album ever in the UK.

I think they're streaming most of their songs in myspace and purevolume.

Check them out.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

yay.. took a while to get a few replies to this thread.

Yeah they had a tour of the UK, tickets were on sale about a month or so ago and before I even found out about it, they were all sold out!!

I still listen to many of the tracks quite often. I wasn't sure how big they'll be as I'm sure most of the North Americans wouldn't get some of the references or localisms in their songs.

• 3 weeks later...

"I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor" or whatever thats called is they're only good track.

Too over-hyped.

That whole brit-pop scene is wank anyway. Everyone sounds the same and they just keep coming.

Blur were, and will always be, the Kings of brit-pop.

• 2 months later...

Man i actually am really not getting into their stuff got the album kept listenin to it but i just can't come to like it i have lost alot of faith in britsh music all the new bands all sound pretty alike the only thing thats sounds different are the vocals. if u knew me personally you'd think that was a very strange comment to because i loved british music but recently its taken a nosedive.

• 8 months later...
Most over rated band in the history of British music.

Agreed. Although they did have 2 or 3 decent songs on the last album.

The new one "Brianstorm" is quite catchy too, but after the disappointment of their first album I won't bother checking the new one out...

I don't know if they're over rated.

But I don't know what kind of coverage they got over there,here they were only played on indie stations until recently

They were basically called the new Beatles over here, got coverage on the news too, and have won practically every award going at music award ceremonies too.

• 8 months later...