How to Convert the Non-Paramore fan.

MusicFreak810

So my brother is trying to understand why everyone loves Paramore.

One of his good friends (who is this HUGE ex high school football player) LOVES Paramore.

But he just can't understand it. He's tried listening to some of their songs and admits that Josh's guitar riffs and stuff are good...but he can't seem to get hooked.

He's claiming that it could be Hayley's voice, and not because she's a girl since he loved Evanescence.

So my question is, if you were to try and convert someone to Paramore...how would you?

umm..if someone cant get into them, they just cant. paramore isnt meant for everyone...i dont think you should try and get someone to like them, but i know you can search youtube for their my heart performances..all of them are pretty amazing. it shows how much of an amazing voice she has...umm but haha idk im not much help, sorry

^ haha okay, i thought maybe you were forcing him to like them just because you did..sorry..that was my mistake

haha its cool. But I think you're right, some people just can't get into them, and others can. My brother gave them a chance (he listened to a few songs from their new and old album) and said that they just didn't click in his head haha.

Give it time, it'll happen =] haha.

When AWKIF came out, I tried getting my best friend into them. Bought her a copy, swore it she would love them. She didn't even give them a chance...

So I gave up.

Almost 2 years later, I take her to Warped 07 just for fun, and we meet them and see them live. She buys RIOT! that day, and is now as big of a fan as I. She gets mad at herself now for not falling in love with AWKIF back in 2005.

Just takes some people time [or a live performance/meeting?] =]

I was a non-Paramore fan before. And I didn't even bother listening to their music, I just thought they looked weird. XD

But I love them now. ^_^

Haha! Me too. I remember seeing a bit of the Emergency video on TV once and i thought they looked really weird. But I also used to think Fall Out Boy looked silly and Panic at the Disco were weird when I first saw them. And I heard bits of Taking Back Sunday performing live once on some video and I thought they sounded terrible, but they're all my favourite bands now lol.

And back on track, I don't think it's possible to convert a non-paramore fan. I've been trying since like May 07 to get my friend to listen to them. She was listening to my mp3 on shuffle and was like "eurgh whats this?" when Born For This came on and she refuses to listen to them since. But I am still trying...