Drum Equipment

The Drummer

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Ahh, very nice. Never heard of Truth until I listened to Paramore...

Wonder what heads he uses. I'm thinking about getting those cymbals.

He uses Evans EC2 heads. They are amazing heads. They are what I use and they sound amazing.

I am going to start saving for a Truth Custom soon. I really want one but they are hella expensive. Meinl cymbals sound amazing so I'l get those after I get a Truth kit. That won't be for years though sadly :(.

Ahh, very nice. Those heads are affordable. But those Mienl Byzance cymbals are expensive..

Check out this link: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/compare?base_pid=449792&base_pid=449799&base_pid=449806&base_pid=449805

I added the splash cymbal and he uses two medium rides. But totaling all that up...sheesh. You have these?

1. He doesn't use EC2 Heads, he uses Evans G2Coated

2. I recommend not buying a Truth kit... if you're going to buy a custom.. look around for better prices. Some guy on another forum got quoted over $7500 for a Truth kit which was = to a $5000 Pearl Masterworks.

3. Meinl Byzances are amazing

I have a Pearl Visions.

There's not much difference between Truth and other custom drum companies. The only difference is Truth is more known than others, and I guess that makes them think they can charge more than others. The quality and the sound from other companies wouldn't be any different, if not better. Look at Pearl Masterworks, Dark Horse, SJC, Pork Pie, DW, etc.

But hey, if you really want it.. go ahead..

But if the name and the finish costs thousands of dollars extra... I won't be buying anything from them anytime soon.

I'm also going to add this =

Truth uses Keller shells, they buy their shells (the wood they use for the drums) from Keller

So basically, you're just paying for the name.

Other companies that use Keller are SJC, Dark Horse Percussion, Pork Pie, and they are a lot cheaper than what Truth offers.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

^ Haha, not quite. I've been playing drums since I was 9. The first thing that comes to mind when I think of Zac is, "I wish I could play like that!"

He's just a lot quieter at meet & greets, so sometimes it's hard to ask him anything. :P

^ Haha, not quite. I've been playing drums since I was 9. The first thing that comes to mind when I think of Zac is, "I wish I could play like that!"

He's just a lot quieter at meet & greets, so sometimes it's hard to ask him anything. :P

Oh! wow! Sweetawesome! Yeah, have you tried covering some of the drumming? I can get 2 down from the Riot album...not perfect of course.

Do you have a meet and greet pass?!?!

^ I've tried a little while I was up at school and had access to a set, but my mom would never let me get my own, so I stuck to mostly hand percussion and orchestral stuff. I play mostly guitar and bass now, but I still respect Zac's drumming.

Haha, and of course I have a meet and greet. How else would I be able to talk to Zac? I'm stoked. :)