good news for LESS THAN JAKE fans

marcometer

According to an exclusive interview with CMJ, Less Than Jake has revealed their plans to launch their own recod label - Sleep It Off. The label will re-release LTJ's entire back catalog, in addition to a new studio album from the band this summer. Vinnie (drummer) mentions that the new album will "combine third wave ska and pop punk in each song." The band begins recording in March.

Im SO happy, LTJ is going to release a new album that Has SKA and pop punk in every song. Because honestly I HATED their last album (from Warner/Sire). It didn't sound like the Less Than Jake I knew and loved. Ive been a long time fan of the band for 12 or my 24 years or life so that's literally HALF my life. I think the best step for the band was to start their own label. Especially since Vinnie left FBR, he's pretty much in full control instead of just half. Plus his since his experience with FBR, I don't think he'll fall into the situation he had with them this time. Now the only thing that will make my life complete is to see The Mighty Might Bosstones do a full U.S tour or at least play in Phoenix,AZ one more time. I couldn't make it out to Boston when they did they came back and did their Hometown Throwdown.