Glasgow academy

butterfly250

lol yeah. im still thinking grr could have been six days away. but meh indeed.

gonna be even better now cos its the last night of the tour though.

btw, has anyone been to the carling academy before?

cos i was just wondering how easy it is to get to from the city centre on foot :neutral:

Nearest Rail: Central Station (Glasgow City Centre) (5-10 minute walk),

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&dq=carling+academy+loc:+Glasgow&daddr=121+Eglinton+St,+Glasgow,+G5+9NT&geocode=194969390632402791,55.850908,-4.259276&ll=55.850908,-4.259276&iwstate1=dir:to&iwloc=A&f=d

There's a map and directions in that link if you can tell where to go from that! :)

Just put where your walking from in the from bit obviously.

gutted. paramore could have been like one song in right now :neutral:

lol.

&agree it will be their best show! scottish gigs are always heaving anyway.

if it had been at the barras and not the gimpy carling academy i think it could have been even more magical, but meh...

18 days xD

i fucking love the barras. i agree. it would have been better. i'm sure they will play there one day though. mibbie next time or something.

^ i know, theres just something about the place.

i was there for enter shikari in october and i swear it was the best gig ive ever been to!

paramore will still be awesome non the less, im sure :D

really hope they do play there one day though, yer.

btw, whats this about it being pretty easy for people with upstairs tickets being able to sneak downstairs? in the CA i mean.

it doesnt affect me really, its just a few of my mates in 3rd year are stuck with seats :neutral:

Barras is the best venue in Glasgow and my bro lives just round the corner so if me and my mates are standing in a queue for ages we just have to run down the road....just like 30stm lol!!

i actually hate the academy!

Does anyone kn ow what time the doors open my ticket says 7 but a mate is saying that they read that it was 8 :s which would be suckish as they have like 3 support bands....

THE SHIKARI GIG WAS AMAZIN THERE IN OCTOBER!!...so was FFAF just think its the venue haha!

I duno a few of my mates snuck down before but got caught by a security guard...and got chucked out so idk =\

^ i know, theres just something about the place.

i was there for enter shikari in october and i swear it was the best gig ive ever been to!

paramore will still be awesome non the less, im sure :D

really hope they do play there one day though, yer.

btw, whats this about it being pretty easy for people with upstairs tickets being able to sneak downstairs? in the CA i mean.

it doesnt affect me really, its just a few of my mates in 3rd year are stuck with seats :neutral:

yeah, it's such an amazing venue. i was there the other week to see the plain white ts and i don't even like them that much but the sound and everything in there is just perfect. you can also see from whenever you stand (especially the bar, which is good :D)

i feel like they'd have played there this time around if new found glory weren't touring with them. they probably sold out the carling academy because both paramore and new found fans filled out that venue.

i think it can be sort of hard to get downstairs if you have a balcony ticket, but for brand new a while back i managed it somehow.

one of my friends was already inside with a few people, and she came outside of the pit to go to the toilets next to the entrance, and brought the standing tickets of her friends with her and gave them to us.. so we managed to get in with them. it can be a bit of a hastle though. i suppose you have to know quite a lot of people there to be able to use their tickets instead, and you'll have to be able to call the person you are meeting to plan it all out and stuff, haha. so irritating when you end up with a balcony ticket.

i can't wait for this gig :)

yeah, it's such an amazing venue. i was there the other week to see the plain white ts and i don't even like them that much but the sound and everything in there is just perfect. you can also see from whenever you stand (especially the bar, which is good :D)

i feel like they'd have played there this time around if new found glory weren't touring with them. they probably sold out the carling academy because both paramore and new found fans filled out that venue.

i think it can be sort of hard to get downstairs if you have a balcony ticket, but for brand new a while back i managed it somehow.

one of my friends was already inside with a few people, and she came outside of the pit to go to the toilets next to the entrance, and brought the standing tickets of her friends with her and gave them to us.. so we managed to get in with them. it can be a bit of a hastle though. i suppose you have to know quite a lot of people there to be able to use their tickets instead, and you'll have to be able to call the person you are meeting to plan it all out and stuff, haha. so irritating when you end up with a balcony ticket.

i can't wait for this gig :)

ah yeahh. i think its 'cause the venue (and the stage) is pretty wide, you can see from pretty much anywhere.

&yeah thats pretty much what a mate told me could work :neutral:

even though hes not even going to the gig lol.

like i said i doenst really affect me, i just feel a bit sorry for my mates - they got their tickets from ticketmaster the day they were released.

using ticketmaster is ALWAYS a bad idea in my books.

gaah i cant wait either!

i just hope me and my mates can all get there before the que gets too huge.

then again we're pretty good at shoving anyway, so meh.

Barras is the best venue in Glasgow and my bro lives just round the corner so if me and my mates are standing in a queue for ages we just have to run down the road....just like 30stm lol!!

i actually hate the academy!

Does anyone kn ow what time the doors open my ticket says 7 but a mate is saying that they read that it was 8 :s which would be suckish as they have like 3 support bands....

THE SHIKARI GIG WAS AMAZIN THERE IN OCTOBER!!...so was FFAF just think its the venue haha!

I duno a few of my mates snuck down before but got caught by a security guard...and got chucked out so idk =\

doors are at 7 yeah. as far as i know the first act are on pretty much straight away.

aww yay! an ES fan lol.

i met them that night :D

&it was me and my best mate chris pointed at lolz.

brb, getting a life...

ah yeahh. i think its 'cause the venue (and the stage) is pretty wide, you can see from pretty much anywhere.

&yeah thats pretty much what a mate told me could work :neutral:

even though hes not even going to the gig lol.

like i said i doenst really affect me, i just feel a bit sorry for my mates - they got their tickets from ticketmaster the day they were released.

using ticketmaster is ALWAYS a bad idea in my books.

gaah i cant wait either!

i just hope me and my mates can all get there before the que gets too huge.

then again we're pretty good at shoving anyway, so meh.

aye, it's a crapper man.

i can't be bothered with the crowd anymore :lol: i'm just going to stand by the wee bar at the left hand side of the stage. good view from there. i love how i'm coming across as a total alky, haha.

i'm sure it'll be easy to shove in anyway. half the crowd have been like 13 at most of the shows so far.

doors are at 7 yeah. as far as i know the first act are on pretty much straight away.

aww yay! an ES fan lol.

i met them that night :D

&it was me and my best mate chris pointed at lolz.

brb, getting a life...

thanks =) yeah we didnt wait that night for them dunno why though:S lol lucky for some!

it should be easy to push through at 30stm i queued at half 6 then got to the barrier :S although that was at the barras but should really be the same well i think it is

yeah i would go and have a few drinks but im only 17 soo....lol

aye, it's a crapper man.

i can't be bothered with the crowd anymore :lol: i'm just going to stand by the wee bar at the left hand side of the stage. good view from there. i love how i'm coming across as a total alky, haha.

i'm sure it'll be easy to shove in anyway. half the crowd have been like 13 at most of the shows so far.

haha really? well i suppose crowd of people i know are going are like 14 :neutral:

then again im 15, but very determined to shove.

i was gutted when my mates chickened out when we were like three people from the front at FOB :(

lol.

hopefully i'll be queing from about six - just depends on how long it takes me and like nine other people to get to hamilton central, then from glasgow central to eglinton street.

hopefully very fast if i set the pace. and shout at everyone.

:D

just dont shove past me...lol think we are queuing from about 5 but not too sure depends when we get into Glasgow and to the hotel and that...

Please say there aint gonna be tonnes of like 12/13 year olds no offence but just that some of them go and cant handle it and then faint...should just get seating