Glasgow academy

butterfly250

Lol yeah i nearly had a heart attack when i seen it....

Aye thats what i thought i seen them at the barras last year too (amazin) but no idea why they playing there tuts is TINY!....but their playing in london too and that venue is quite small aswell so mabye theyre just doing a warm up or sumit..

To fill eveyone in:

FFAF are playing a host of small venues across the UK in the summer to preview their new album.

The set will be around 15 songs long, with around 10 new songs and some old classics thrown in.

The band chose venues which "held special memories" to them or something along those lines, and King Tut's was one of them.

The band are apparently coming back later on in the year to bigger venues when they release their new album.

As for ATL/Cobra:

It's a co-headlining tour, just annouced by Gigs In Scotland this afternoon, it will be listed on Ticketmaster (or another ticket site) later I think.

They don't go on sale till Monday anyway.

To fill eveyone in:

FFAF are playing a host of small venues across the UK in the summer to preview their new album.

The set will be around 15 songs long, with around 10 new songs and some old classics thrown in.

The band chose venues which "held special memories" to them or something along those lines, and King Tut's was one of them.

The band are apparently coming back later on in the year to bigger venues when they release their new album.

As for ATL/Cobra:

It's a co-headlining tour, just annouced by Gigs In Scotland this afternoon, it will be listed on Ticketmaster (or another ticket site) later I think.

They don't go on sale till Monday anyway.

Cheers for the info:)

think ill get an ATL/CS ticket :)

I'll be getting one aswell. ATL are one of the main reasons I'm going to GIAN this year.

I'll hopefully get a GIAN Intros.. ticket at the same time.

The annoucement on the tour is meant to be this Monday, but I doubt tickets will go on sale at the same time. Tour might still get cancelled aswell =\

well hardcore ;) (y)

aye.....but u guys live in glasgow(just going by your name thingyz) i live about uhhhhhh 4/5 hours away and relying on megabus or the train sorta sucks (dont get them home early enough or late at night)...i need to pass the english and bm ones for uni :) the two that are the most awkward ones cause they are like one day after another :@ haha..

Modern studies is pish easy haha i missed the general (by accident) didnt revise for credit at all just had to get a bus to school (after they phoned me saying i missed the exam) still got a one haha....

yeah i see your point. i live like a half hours drive from the city centre.

i always feel getting in by public transport is a bit of a pain, cause you have to get a bus to the trainstation :willy_nilly:

doesnt take too long but it annoys.

lol yeah, with MS i just write screeds of common sense - doing me alright so far.

even french after p'more aint worrying me - french is french. revising doesnt really help that much.

plus its not as if its a 9.00 exam, so all is swell.

Yeah, I'm a 20 minute train ride away from the centre so I'm not too bad.

I think I done alright in my highers last year so I think I'm due to go to a good few gigs this time around haha.

MS is an awesome subject, mostly cause you can bluff your way through it haha, well, at least I did haha.

Haha, yeah, I fucked mines up baad haha.

Thank fuck I done well last year.

MS was always a fave of mine, I always had a good teacher, although last years teacher was just piss annoying. He just said the same things over and over again =|

ahah. im gonna make sure i do well in mine, 'cause i come from the kind of family that would be let down if i didnt :neutral:

more ragewan, than let down actually.

ach mine teaches us nothing. well im sure he says something from time to time, but i cant say it gets absorbed. just one of them bad teachers.

I've got one of those families aswell, which is why I made more of an effort with my highers, thankfully it paid off.

I'd hope I could take these exams easier but they'll just keep on pushing haha.

That must suck, at least mine taught me, until he abandoned the class the month before the exam.

yeah, i can tell as soon as highers hit me i'll just make do with having no social life, six days out of seven!

im taking higher psycology instead of int2 maths next year - waha. im obviously cool.

(the mofos at my school normally only lets sixth years take it :P)

lol! yeah i have that worry. my friends in the year above me always moan how no one ever has enough time to spend with each other.

yeah, im looking forward to it :D

i suck at maths aye. my teacher told my 'rents i was to aviod taking it next year heh.

tbf most people who pass int2 well want to go on to do higher - but i however would not give a shit about the subject if it were forced upon me for another year!

it would be a total waste of a qualification!

Yeah, it can be bad at times, like in English when you have to do personal studies or in subjects like Computing where there is coursework.

Or you could get a bitch of a teacher who gives you no less than 3 hours maths homework a night.

I hate my maths teacher, re-sitting maths was the worst decision I have ever made in my life.

She gave us pure like 10 hours of work for this holiday, then told our other maths teacher to do the same. Needless, to say, the other maths teacher is cool and didn't give us any.

Again, I hate maths :) haha

aye, ive heard everyone stuggles with higher english - no matter how 'good' at the subject they are.

ive heard that thats the case with highers though - its not a case of how clever you are, its how hard you work for them!

argh i shudder to think what higher maths on any level is like! its in my blood, the whole linguistic thing.

Hell yeah, Higher English was hell!

I failed my Personal Study NAB twice and was put into int2 twice and I never passed a close reading before the exam, but I still got a B at Higher.

I did put a fair share of work into it though.

Trust me, if you can afford to avoid maths then you should!

"Farmer Joe has 100m of fencing. Farmer Joe decides to make a pen for his sheep. Farmer Joe decides to differentiate to find the maximum area his pen could enclose"

Questions like that in maths infuriate me, Farmer Joe wouldn't differentiate before making a pen (Yes, that is actually a question).

Oh, I realise you may not know what differentiation is, but all you need to know is that a farmer wouldn't use it to make a fence :P haha

dont take maths i took int 2 last year and got chucked out cause i failed the first nab twice lol but i failed in on purpose cause it was the only subject i could take in that column(and i wanted to take int1 but wasnt allowed cause i got a 4 in standard grade)....Oh in our school u can only take psyco if ur in sixth year haha.!