Glasgow academy

butterfly250

Oh yeah, it's the same here aswell but if you get a parent/guardian to write a letter to te school saying to want to sit it again then they can't stop you as it's your right to sit the exam.

I done it with my English Peronsal Study, I failed my resit on a technicality so I got my 'rents to phone up the school and I got another try.

Needless to say, I proved my point and got a B in the main exam.

And yessss I did!

Made sure I was up bright and early to get them! haha

Hell yeah, Higher English was hell!

I failed my Personal Study NAB twice and was put into int2 twice and I never passed a close reading before the exam, but I still got a B at Higher.

I did put a fair share of work into it though.

Trust me, if you can afford to avoid maths then you should!

"Farmer Joe has 100m of fencing. Farmer Joe decides to make a pen for his sheep. Farmer Joe decides to differentiate to find the maximum area his pen could enclose"

Questions like that in maths infuriate me, Farmer Joe wouldn't differentiate before making a pen (Yes, that is actually a question).

Oh, I realise you may not know what differentiation is, but all you need to know is that a farmer wouldn't use it to make a fence :P haha

farmer joe?! :rotfl:

sorry but if i came across that in an exam i'd just laugh.

:D

yay might cya at it Then since that place is sooooo small....Lol i just passed my personal study NAB for english the day so should be fine (h)yeah u always get stupid ass ones like that in maths....i remember for my general one i put my hand up cause i was done and the woman was like 'You can't leave now!' and i was like 'uhhhh why??' and she said 'youve only been here like 15 mins' I was not impressed cause that paper was just stressing me with the stupid questions i dont think you EVER need half the stuf f you do in maths in your lifetime..

The stupidest question i seen in an exam was for admin i think and it said 'Why should you not stand on a swivel chair'.....Obvious Much?

farmer joe?! :rotfl:

sorry but if i came across that in an exam i'd just laugh.

:D

Oh I did, the worst one was about Peter Pan and Vectors =|

I left my Higher Maths prelim about 30 minutes early, my teacher wasn't chuffed, until I got 85% haha

Admin asks silly questions, I remember one time it was a picture of an office and you were to "circle the danger" and there was a bin on fire hahaha

Oh I did, the worst one was about Peter Pan and Vectors =|

Admin asks silly questions, I remember one time it was a picture of an office and you were to "circle the danger" and there was a bin on fire hahaha

ahahha! circle the danger... to me thats a game.

aah admin - has to be the biggest waste of time ever.

plus its actually quite hard imo :???: the practical anyway. i mean IF statements? sorry, but two years down the line i still do not have a fuck what they really are :willy_nilly:

plus my school doesnt offer it at standard grade, so im doing int 2. not much easier than the higher, apparantly.

i'm excited about this day

so am i, like big time :D

30 days mofos.

ahahha! circle the danger... to me thats a game.

aah admin - has to be the biggest waste of time ever.

plus its actually quite hard imo :???: the practical anyway. i mean IF statements? sorry, but two years down the line i still do not have a fuck what they really are :willy_nilly:

plus my school doesnt offer it at standard grade, so im doing int 2. not much easier than the higher, apparantly.

My friend showed me his Foundation Admin homework:

"Where would you find the receptionist?

a) the reception

B) the office"

And there was 19 other questions of that level, and ALL the answers were A, no shit, he thought the homework would take a while, but it took the best part of 30 seconds.

Be thankful you are doing Int's instead of Standard Grades though, the other thing Standard Grades tought me is that I wish my school offered Int's instead.

I'm not knocking SG's here, but you are much better prepared for Higher's if your 3rd and 4th year are spend doing Int's which are closer to the actual Higher than SG's are.

Ans, I wouldn't worry about IF statements, I done SG and Higher Computing and I'm going onto Uni to do Computing, and I still don't know what an IF statement is!

lol! yeah i have to do fondy maths papers in exams, 'cause im only on general level. the questions are actually rather insulting!

i swear one of the questions on the calculator paper was 20 x 10.

aye, i think our school is one of the ones pushing to get rid of SGs.

'cause highers have changed so much over the years, but SGs havent etc.

lol, yeah who cares. i'll be happy if i get a B in admin.

even though im predicted an A...

piss off.

That must be a gutter, have you ever done a Foundy paper which had like golf in it?

I done one of those, it was quite embarrassing.

Not as bad as 20 X 10 though, haha.

My school are moving towards Int's, but they started it the year after I had done my SG's which I was gutted about.

I hate predictions, AAAC I'm predicted for this year and I'm bricking myself haha.

I done fondy/gen matrhs and got a 4 haha my teacher expected me to get a 5 :P think i done foundy/gen french rtooo but that was it i think

i didnt do st grade admin.....took int2 though got an a :) doing higher thus year =\

sorry 4 speling was at an 18th ;L

I AM QURING AT ABOJUT UHHHHH 3/4/5/6 cause i need to fo shoppin and going home early next day.....=\ so cant shop next day (cause out my mates tat aare going im the onky one whos got a businees fuckin management exam)

Well, as of yet, I wont be queing at all, seeing as my mate refuses to sell me his ticket, like 3 months after promising to haha.

But, if I do go, I'd queue about 6ish, I was at Panic earlier in the year and I got there for doors and there was a huge queue, and I hate standing in queues when doors are open.

Same thing happened at Coheed and Madina at the start of the year, got there for doors and I had to stand in a queue whislt people flooded in.

I've got no new news to report on support acts.

But, SYG are touring America from the 17th May onwards, now I dunno if they'll leave the UK right away, or they'll hang around for a bit, possible support act.

Plus, they are on the same GIAN day as Paramore.

Which is where MAH or MC Lars would fit in nicely.

Could be both seeing as there was meant to be 3 the last time.

I don't want it to be SYG for the sole reason that my friend will deffo not sell me his ticket if it's them, I'll need to get his ticket from him before they make it SYG then:P haha

I'm quite gutted that none of the tickets sites have ATL/Cobra dates on them, means I'm going to have to go up Central on Wednesday (N)

• Like 1

Haha, yeah I know, It could be pretty much anyone!

I'll be well gutted if the support is someone not playing GIAN, cause that's what I based my whole theory around haha.

When I'm up for ATL/KIGH/GIAN Intro tickets I'll ask them, but I'm pretty sure it's sold out.

One of my other friends knows someone whose selling a seating ticket, and I'm increasingly tempted to buy that.

awk, its sold out again is it?

i have friends from fife who have been trying to get tickets - even though they just wanna go for the patter - but one of their dads works for PR or something, so hes tryna get them on the guestlist or some shite :willy_nilly:

i suppose a seat is better than nothing! apparantly they dont let you stand up in the CA though :neutral:

if all else fails, maybe you could just see if anyones flogging tickets in the que? you could end up paying a fair bit, buuut if you really wanna go... ;-)

Yeah, sold out Thursday I think

I could go down that route aswell I suppose, I have a friend who gets list for stuff all the time but it isn't really appropriate of me to ask him.

Yeah, seat > nothing, plus I'll have been at GIAN the 2 days before and it's a tiresome journey home early in the morning =\

I could go down the route of a tout at the venue, but only if I was really, really desperate, and by that I mean that Valencia were the support act :P

Although, I may be in luck, cause my friend who wont sell me his ticket is strapped for cash atm, I think he's holding out to see if it's SYG haha.

aye, i wont be surprised if nothing becomes of those guys going lol.

my mates in the year below me all ended up with seats - one girl had got her mum to book like five tickets for her and her gang during the day while she was at school, incase they sold out. but, she used TM and ended up with seats.

they were all really miffed, felt sorry for the girl :( she got the blame near enough.

i was half planning on going to GIAN this year too, but with paramore the next day the ideas out the picture lol. i'd be totally gubbed from travelling.

good luck with bumping that ticket though! :P

Seats is beginning to look like more and more of an option I must admit.

You should just come to GIAN haha, catch the early train to Sheffield, then get the early one back.

I have to kick around in Sheffield for a couple hours till the train though, plenty to talk about though, plus I've got a lot of mates from England I'll be meeting.

Moral of the story, go to GIAN :D

It'll be aweeeeeesomee!!!! :D:D:D