The Book Thread: What are you reading?

thebrowncoat

I just finished reading Anne Franks Diary wohoo! That's probably one of the most boring books I've ever read...

Right now I'm reading The Cuba Missile Crisis by Peter Chrisp (School project), Stranger than fiction by Chuck Palahniuk and Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk (Also a school project)

Can't say I know for sure, but I heard up to 2004 the diary of Anne Frank only sold, I don't know, a measly 25 million copies! I remember hearing something incredible about how much it has sold but I couldn't remember so I found that figure on Wikipedia. Everything on Wikipedia should be taken as fact, right? haha, I still believe that estimate though. That's okay, we all like different books!

I just finished reading Anne Franks Diary wohoo! That's probably one of the most boring books I've ever read...

Right now I'm reading The Cuba Missile Crisis by Peter Chrisp (School project), Stranger than fiction by Chuck Palahniuk and Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk (Also a school project)

awww I ADORED Anne Frank's diary. Though, I appreciated it more when I saw the ABC adaptation of it on video. it's really emotional

I just read The Contortionist's Handbook by Craig Clevenger. I just noticed on the cover a quote by Chuck Palahniuk saying, "I swear to God this is the best book I have read in easily five years. Easily. Maybe ten years." So, it would be worth checking out if you're a Palahniuk fan, plus, I thought it was good :)

hmm, i'm reading a few books right now... i'm starting Ted Dekker's Showdown, just finished his book Saint and enjoyed it, reading Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen, Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis, and now i have to start reading my textbook on psychology instead of all my random reference type books on mental illnesses (yes, i'm odd). I recommend any book by Frank Peretti, especially This Present Darkness, Piercing the Darkness, Prophet... eh, the list goes on. now i'm drawing a blank, there are more books that i like, but mostly i just love to read. sometime in the future i'll probably be going through this thread and picking up a bunch of the books you guys are reading and enjoy. ha.

Guest haunted_dreams55

The last book I read was House by Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker. It is such an amazing book. I love both authors so when I herd they wrote a book together I had to read it.