The Book Thread: What are you reading?

thebrowncoat

• 3 weeks later...

yeah the film is why i decided i should probably get my shit in gear and actually read it

i did the same thing with the hunger games

a friend told me about it yeaaars ago and i wanted to read it but kept putting it off and then like a week before the film came out i was like well...if i'm going to read it i should do it now

went through the whole series in three days and loved it

you think i'd have learned my lesson but i guess not :P

• Like 1

I read the whole thing in less than 24 hours. I liked it but it was a little too predictable in parts.

Not sure what to read next! Anyone got any recommendations?

Vampire Academy Series/anything by Richelle Mead

Fallen Series

Demon Trappers series

Morganville Vampires series

Dexter

Private Peaceful

Wuthering Heights

The Fault In Our Stars

Noughts and Crosses series

The Curious Incident of The Dog In The Night Time

Unearthly Series

The Book Theif

A Midsummer Nights Dream

Romeo and Juliet

Of Mice and Men

The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas

The Road Of The Dead

Caught In The Crossfire

The Edge

The Dark Beneath

Little Women

Dracula

I read the whole thing in less than 24 hours. I liked it but it was a little too predictable in parts.

Not sure what to read next! Anyone got any recommendations?

Depends what you're into. From seeing your posts over the years I know vaguely what sort of stuff you like, but it's only been really popular books that most people have read. If you like Greek mythology then I can't recommend 'The Song of Achilles' by Madeline Miller enough - it's one of my favourite books. It's not the sort of book I would normally pick up to read (never considered myself a Greek mythology fan), but I got a copy to review for a bookstore and once I started reading I couldn't put it down, plus it made me cry for hours. Other than that, The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare is quite good and it has its movie franchise kicking off soon. By the same author (and set in the same world) The Infernal Devices is, in my opinion, even better (except for the last book, but I'm not going to start ranting about that again). Oh, and if you want to try another John Green book, 'Looking for Alaska' is really good, as is 'Will Grayson, Will Grayson', the latter of which has a pretty unique style which I really enjoyed. 

And I agree about tfios: it was a bit predictable, but I think John Green is a fantastic writer which more than makes up for this.