The Book Thread: What are you reading?

thebrowncoat

The Mortal Instruments series, or its prequel series, The Infernal Devices (my favorite out of the two). Cassandra Clare plans on writing two or three more series about Shadowhunters if you want something to last a long time. 

The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde. It's different, but interesting. It's part of a series as well.

Let me know what you like and I could probably make better recommendations.

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions guys! :)

My friend has been bugging me to read the mortal instruments for a while, so I guess I will probably try that! I might try and get hold of another jodi picoult book - I read my sister's keeper and handle with care a few years back. I do enjoy fictional medical based books.

I don't want to go for anything too hard to read though because, aside from TFIOS and 'life of pi' I haven't read a book (that isn't a textbook) in about 2 years. :( bad, I know!

Ah I'm glad i came across this thread :) I've been trying to find a good book to read for ages but can't seem to get into anything. 

Reccomendations:

Torture The Artist - Joey Goebel

The Perks Of Being A Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky

The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho

The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald

The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini

The Handmaids Tale - Margaret Atwood

• 2 months later...

It is the first book in a series of 5. It is about a girl named Daisy. At first she is a normal person .Then she gets powers like her sisters Poppy and Rose. Her mom has powers too .Well, Daisy and her boyfriend Ryan try to solve the mystery of who is sucking all the souls out of the people in Nightshade. Daisy is a sixteen year old by the way. It is is a good book.