The Book Thread: What are you reading?

thebrowncoat

Ash recommended it to me, I just finished it, and it's a great, great book. Highly recommended, especially if you liked Andy Greenwald's other book, Nothing Feels Good. This book's fiction, but it has the same appreciation of music and what it means...

Miss Misery link at Amazon.com

I haven't read either of those books mentioned but I am almost finished with what I'm currently reading with nothing to read afterward so maybe if I still have time at that point to read for the sake of wanting to read I'll check it out!

It's about a guy in his mid 20s who lives in New York with his girlfriend. She gets a job overseas and leaves and he's just kind of stuck - not sure what to do next with his life - whether to move forward or stay where he is or whatever. And, he's supposed to be working on a book about online journals, which is how he's found Miss Misery (a girl named Cath) and this other girl named Ashleigh...

Anyway, he creates his own journal and starts writing all this fake stuff about his "more interesting" life that he makes up...and then suddenly, another him appears and starts living that life. And Cath moves to New York and he meets her and, well, I don't want to tell the whole story.

It's a book about music and life and love and it sounds kind of silly, but it really hit home (at least for me) in some places.

Anyone here read any Chuck Palahniuk books?

Or Time Travellers Wife?

I've read Invisible Monsters, Diary, Fight Club.. I have Lullaby but I have to restart reading it cause I haven't read it in a longggg time. And I have Choke somewhere, I have to read that too. I love his stuff though.

And Miss Misery was a great book. :D

• Like 1

Yeah I'm in the middle of it' date=' it confused me initially but it's become a fascinating story.

Believe it or not I think the character Clare has something to do with me becoming slightly obsessed with redheads nowadays.[/quote']

I'm permanently obsessed with redheads, but that's a different topic :)

yay

a book thread

I read too much so I can babble about my books now

Yeah, me too.

I just started Jen Trynin's Everything I'm Cracked Up To Be: A Rock & Roll Fairy Tale. It's supposed to be a great book about music and the music industry and all that that entails...