Download 08 ????????????

Emergency_999

I am curious aswell, i wanna go download, and theres a decent chance i might this year. I've never seen paramore live, Hopefully they will get a high slot on the 2nd stage or headline the third. I'd be sad if they are on the mainstage, id be scared of em gettin bottled off!:nono: But apparently they were pretty well received on their slot on the 2nd stage last year.

i think that the people who go download are so narrow minded. They keep complaining on the forums if a band that isnt metal gets announced. I mean, download is a ROCK festival. I mean, they dont have to watch the bands they dont like, theres gonna be close to a hundred to see. Whats wrong with a little variation? There are some metal bands announced so far, children of bodom, judas priest, motorhead, In flames. I mean, everyone has thier own taste. For the people moaning about lostprophets headlining sunday, just watch what is most likely gonna be In Flames on the 2nd stage. hard choice for me :(

Nah. I doubt they'll be going; I mean most of the major acts [which suck this year] have been announced.

But ye never knoow ...

They have 3 stages to fill. including 3 days of the first and 2nd. there is gonna be LOADS of major bands announced.;-) Last year Motley Crue was one the last bands announced. I want SlipKnoT and paramore :hyper:

Nah. I doubt they'll be going; I mean most of the major acts [which suck this year] have been announced.

But ye never knoow ...

Most of the acts don't suck in my opinion!! KISS are a one off, anyone who gets the chance to see them should just to say 'I was there'. As for the Offspring and Lostprophets, if two bands who have never been headliners deserve to be, its them!! Lostprophets were amazing at Reading last year and I have no doubt they will get better as headliners! As for the rest of the line-up, Judas Priest will be amazing as will other acts!!

Download was a metalfest but you can't book Metallica or Iron Maiden every year which doesn't leave you with a lot. They are branching out but will still remain the heavier festival!!

I don't really care anyway, I'm going to Reading for the 8th year!!:hyper:

Most of the acts don't suck in my opinion!! KISS are a one off, anyone who gets the chance to see them should just to say 'I was there'. As for the Offspring and Lostprophets, if two bands who have never been headliners deserve to be, its them!! Lostprophets were amazing at Reading last year and I have no doubt they will get better as headliners! As for the rest of the line-up, Judas Priest will be amazing as will other acts!!

Download was a metalfest but you can't book Metallica or Iron Maiden every year which doesn't leave you with a lot. They are branching out but will still remain the heavier festival!!

I don't really care anyway, I'm going to Reading for the 8th year!!:hyper:

Yup, i will be seeing kiss, unless theres a band i like on the other stage. Just to say i've seen them. they're like 70 right? ;-)

The line up has me excited so far. Lostprophets, Disturbed, In Flames :hyper:

Theres also very strong rumours of fightstar :hyper:

Fightstar eh?? Well I guess there music works for the festival and there music is alright, it's just never going to be really good. Charlie needs to admit it, Busted were better as much as it pains me to say it!

Definately see Judas Priest too!! Songs like Living After Midnight and The Green Manalishi are just brilliant! I really wish I was going actually.....I should stop talking about it!

Fightstar eh?? Well I guess there music works for the festival and there music is alright, it's just never going to be really good. Charlie needs to admit it, Busted were better as much as it pains me to say it!

Definately see Judas Priest too!! Songs like Living After Midnight and The Green Manalishi are just brilliant! I really wish I was going actually.....I should stop talking about it!

lol, maybe you should go then:wink:.

PLEASE dont compare fightstar to busted. Fightstar is a progressive rock/metal band, busted was a pop group. I have lots of respect for charlie, ditching them and forming a REAL band (who have been getting some critical acclaim by publications). This is a guy who's gave up fame, fortune and mounds hard cash to fulfill his dreams. sorry for the rant, i just feel sorry for charlie, always in busted's shadow. :nono:

if there were doing titp that would make my day! Or the Reading Festival!

The download lineup aint that bad....lostprophets offspring HIM and rise against in my opinion are the best bands there! Although all the 'metal heads' are complaning about offspring + prophets.I'd hate to see what they would say about paramore if they were on main stage (doubt it though). It will be like my chem last year tonnes of people were pissed at them playing and were bottling them..its like well why cant you just fuck off instead of listing to them as it was the last act of the night!

they should have fightstar,slipknot,shikari!,paramore and cant think right now of who else

Fightstar is a progressive rock/metal band,

Progressive ? ooof. no way, man ;-) i do like their music, though, so all is well :D

And also, i seriously doubt Paramore will be playing Download. Furthermore i really wouldn't wish it upon them to play at Download... They'd get absolutely ripped to pieces. Sure some people will like them, but i doubt the vast majority "WOAHHH HARD ROCKKK DEATHH METALLLL" will warm to them at all and probably smother them with their beards or someting.

Unfortunate, really, but man ! GIAN, Reading and Leeds it is !

Progressive ? ooof. no way, man ;-) i do like their music, though, so all is well :D

And also, i seriously doubt Paramore will be playing Download. Furthermore i really wouldn't wish it upon them to play at Download... They'd get absolutely ripped to pieces. Sure some people will like them, but i doubt the vast majority "WOAHHH HARD ROCKKK DEATHH METALLLL" will warm to them at all and probably smother them with their beards or someting.

Unfortunate, really, but man ! GIAN, Reading and Leeds it is !

I got the genres off wiki ;-)

but paramore played download last year 2nd stage, 3rd last. they didnt get bottled, hell ive read they'd like to come back. On the download forum its about 60/40 in favour of paramore, with MCR last year it was like 30/70 against them playing. although paramore + mainstage = bottles