Cute Is What We Aim For

Ashhh

ahhhhhhhh you saw lydia?!!?

i'm so jealous. how were they? and did you take pics of them too? i wanna see them so badly.

They were way good! Originally I bought tickets to this show because the Audition were playing but then the Audition went off the bill and Lydia went on so at least a band I liked was replaced with another band I like! Lydia was the first band to play and the one I wanted to see the most. The new female vocalist sounded good.

Cute is what We Aim for had some technical difficulties. So there set ended up cut a little bit short I think. I felt bad for them.

Punchline ruled! I've heard of Punchline for years but never really heard their music. They put on such a good show. I was impressed.

okay' date=' now i'll stop rambling and show the lydia pictures hahah

[img']http://www.members.cox.net/rjrbird/lydia3.jpg[/img]

lydia4.jpg

lydia5.jpg

lydia2.jpg

and my new sweatshirt just because I'm excited about it hahah!

lydiasweatshirt.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
the pre-ordering system is all whacked out. they've been messing up a lot of people's orders. i just gonna get it when it comes out

I figure I'll just buy it on iTunes. That's the way I get 95% of my music these days. I haven't listened to an actual CD in months. iTunes is so much simpler.

I saw em live with Jack's Mannequin on Saturday. They were okay, actually I didn't really like them. But I met them and got pictures. Haha. It was so cute, they were incredibly honored to play/open for Andrew McMahon. So cute. But yeah they're girlfriends were hanging out at the side of the stage, kind of weird.

i really really like ciwwaf, i wished i knew about them more and liked them as much as i do now while they were on tour bc they went to nyc and i totally would have went in a heartbeat and begged/dragged my friends along bc they dont exactly listen to the same music as me. but they are coming to nyc again on 6/27 but i cant go bc its a night show and i have to be up @ 7am the next morning for my 1st day of drivers ed. im so upset, idk when they are gunna come back again. not to mention the shows @ CBGB

they're also playing one on the 23 in NY. i think it's at the school of rock or sumthin like that

EDIT: i just realized that this venue is in NJ. sorry

thanks' date=' if i drove i would so be there.

cant wait til august bc next year, ill hopefully be driving wherever possible to see whoever i want ='] haha i wish..

btw - how is Shaants name pronounced?

is it like "shawnt"

^ lmfao

erm.. respect?

wow. stickers are so retro i need some.

i only have badges ]=

does their album come oout in the UK at the same time as us?

not sure man. prolly after.

it doesn't come out there til like the 20th of june or some shit.

guttin. =[

and lol jess =[

at least you got october fall flyers. i got some poofy bands.

Oh boy. Check out this fight going on over at absolutepunk.net. This has just gotten ugly...and ridiculous. Who cares about this shit? I don't care if a band has "scene" credibility or not. I don't care if their parents gave them a ton of money to start the band or not. All I care about is whether the music is good or not. If they're fun to listen to, if I enjoy it...that's all that matters.

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=141323

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=141511

Oh boy. Check out this fight going on over at absolutepunk.net. This has just gotten ugly...and ridiculous. Who cares about this shit? I don't care if a band has "scene" credibility or not. I don't care if their parents gave them a ton of money to start the band or not. All I care about is whether the music is good or not. If they're fun to listen to' date=' if I enjoy it...that's all that matters.

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=141323

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=141511[/quote']

haha it's ridiculous... on both sides. but whatever. i still like listening to ciwwaf... so i'll keep doing that.

Man that stuff on absolutepunk is kinda harsh ! but i like em even if atuo tune was used im not to bothered they write catchy tunes.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a band that doesn't use autotune or some sort of tuning manipulation in the studio today.

Honestly, I just don't get the whole obsession with the scene thing. Unless we're talking about a band like Minor Threat or Fugazi, this whole punk purist stuff is just crap, imo. Why should it matter whether a band slept on the floor for 3 years or toured in a van or not? Ultimately, the music is what matters. If you like it, listen to them. If you don't, don't.