Emarosa

Jorgi

Y'all like DanceGavinDance ?

If you don't, you should; http://www.myspace.com/dancegavindance

BUT THAT'S NOT WHO THIS THREAD IS ABOUT !

Jonny, who used to sing in DGD but left ('cause he's a smackhead) has joined forces with Emarosa; http://www.myspace.com/emarosaband

His voice is absolutely beautiful, the guitars are equally as beautiful and it all fits just so perfectly.

l_b23bbca937e978f537570c76f13b63d0.jpg

Listen and love !

• 1 year later...

Wow, he does indeed have a great voice! Like a slightly raspy rock n' roll voice, but the kind that you can turn off when you want to shoot a piercingly clean high note. The guitar section is indeed a lot to take in. I'm searching for the word for it...adventurous? Wild? Whatever it is, both guitars fit bafflingly well with each other. It's not like they are the first to use two guitars this way, but in places it sounds like both guitarists just improvised whatever they wanted for the rhythm guitars. They manage to pull it off really well without sounding a little empty on both sides of the stereo, if you know what I mean. They seem to like to jump around the fretboard as they please, and as a guitarist, that made an impression on me, because they sure know how to utilize every single trick from a modern guitarist's toolbox. But they aren't there for technical fireworks, but for the music, and they CAN indeed meld them into the music seamlessly.

But hey I gotta point out that it's not just the guitars that make the music so appealing!

It's the rhythm! Once you think you have it figured out, it takes a sudden u-turn, and I'll have to once again emphasize that I love that kind of trickery.

If I would've listened to this band as background music, I would've probably labeled them as "bland" and "heard this too many times before", but luckily I payed attention to notice that they have a knack for original and inspired songwriting. I'll keep an eye out for one of their albums...

• 1 year later...

New, self-titled album coming out at the end of this month.

29kpez4.png

1. A Toast To the Future Kids!

2. Pretend.Relive.Regret

3. Share the Sunshine Young Blood

4. Truth Hurts While Laying On Your Back

5. Live It. Love It. Lust It

6. The Game Played Right

7. Broken Vs the Way We Were Born

8. I Still Feel Her Pt 4

9. The Weight of Love Blinds Eyes

10. We Are Life

this is kinda off topic, but jonny craig seems like a decent guy (for all he's a junkie) after what he said with regards to hayley's fiasco. i never saw the exact tweet, but he apparantly said on twitter that although he was 'curious', he never wasn't gonna look at the photo since she is a 'friend' and that he has 'respect' for her. which is nice... even if he did sneak a look.