Anberlin

benzzz

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I crowd surfed for the first time EVER during Anberlin's set at Bamboozle. :] One of the best experiences of my life!

So I had gotten pretty close to the barricade by the time their set was coming to the last few songs. Pits were opening up everywhere and everyone was crowdsurfing like beasts!!! And I knew I had to crowdsurf for the first time ever during their set...it just had to be done!

So on their last song, Godspeed, I push my way back so I can get some distance and I asked some dude to lift me and I put my foot in his hands and he helped me up and WHOAA it was awesome!!@ I was screaming the lyrics and rolling and getting thrown but it was SO COOL! And then when the security guy pulled me off and put me between the barricade and the stage I ran to the stage and was sceraming the lyrics pumping my fist and Stephen saw me and pointed at me and smiled and came over a little and was singing and pointing at me and then a security guard pulled me away haa! IT WAS SO AWESOMEEEEEEEEE1!!!

• 2 weeks later...

i signed up for the anberlin online newsletter, and a new one just came in today.

here it is for those who havent signed up yet:

Hey guys, wanted to drop a line and remind everyone about our upcoming overseas trip with our friends in Copeland. We will be hitting Japan, Singapore and Australia. The shows are starting to sell out, so please do not wait to get tickets. We want to see all your lovely smiling faces at those shows!

We’ve added a couple shows in Australia to accommodate the ticket demand (new shows in Melbourne and Sydney). Check out the tour dates on our myspace page and we also have ticket info up at http://www.anberlin.com

May 27 - Tokyo, Japan @ JAPAN STREET CALLING Fest 07 (Copeland not playing)

May 29 - Tokyo, Japan @ Tokyo O-East

May 30 - Osaka, Japan @ Osaka Drop

May 31 - Osaka, Japan @ Osaka Drop

June 3 - Singapore @ the Pavillion, Far East Square

June 8 - Adelaide, South Australia @ Fowler's Live (AA)

June 9 - Melbourne, Victoria @ Corner Hotel (18-) matinee show

June 9 - Melbourne, Victoria @ Corner Hotel (18+) *SOLD OUT*

June 11 - Melbourne, Victoria @ Corner Hotel (18+) *newly added*

June 12 - Sydney, NSW @ Manning Bar (18+) *newly added*

June 13 - Brisbane, Queensland @ The Arena (AA)

June 14 - Newcastle, NSW @ Cambridge Hotel (18+)

June 15 - Sydney, NSW @ Manning Bar (AA) *SOLD OUT*

June 16 - Perth, WA @ Amplifier Bar (18+)

June 17 - Perth, WA @ The Bakery (AA)

We also wanted to let you know that we have brand new posters up in the merch store! They’re pretty huge and awesome looking, so stop by and pick up a couple. We also have all the new shirts up, and we're running a sale on some older items. Go to the merch store here: https://www.shopbenchmark.net/site/anberlin/

Next up, we’re flying to LA on Tuesday to finally shoot the video for “Godspeed” with director Chris Simms. He did the video for Paperthin Hymn, and we’re stoked to be working with him again. We will have more info on when and where this will be debuted in the next couple weeks.

Our Warped Tour dates are also now posted. Check and see if we’re coming to your city on Warped! It's our first time being on Warped, so be sure to come out and show us some love!

There are a lot of pretty amazing things to check out at http://www.anberlincities.com, so stop on by and spend some time looking around.

Lastly, in case you didn’t hear about it yet, you can go play with our cool “post-card generator”! Go check it out at http://www.anberlincities.com/videopostcard/ and play around with it.

We’re excited about leaving for Japan next weekend! See you guys soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Anberlin is pretty neat. I like their song, Paperthin Hymn. One day, when I was with some friends, we turned that song up and this girl and her mom pulled up beside us. We have a kicker and an amp in the car so we left the windows open. Then all of a sudden, she headbangs like, super hardcore and throws up the rock out hand! I busted out laughing and somewhat started doing it with her. I can't even imagine what her mom was thinking. "Damn punk kids!"

• 2 weeks later...