VersaEmerge

PlzSpeakSoftly

yeah thats what VE is saying

Now about the dangerous summer situation. There has been tension between some of the bands on this tour for Multiple reasons. Some people did not show any tour etiquette, were disrespectful & made comments that were uncalled for. As an opening band on a tour you dont have any special privileges and if your set has to get cut short by one song then that’s how it goes. It’s not personal. We have opened up on many tours and knew our place as an opening band, when our set was cut we did not complain, we never acted pissed off, we never made rude comments to the headlining band who brought us out on the tour in the first place. we simply did our jobs and appreciated the fact that Everything is a building process and you do what you gotta do. As a result of being a well behaved opening band who has had their set cut plenty of times, played while doors were opening, driven bus routes in a van countless nights, and had a small pay on top of all of it, we are now on our own headlining tour and we expect to receive the same respect that we have shown. If devin was going to throw a bottle at someone then he would have hit them with it. It’s come to our attention that This is not the first time someone has gotten into a fight with a certain person in the dangerous summer. Versaemerge on the other hand has never had a quarrel with any other bands. And when I speak of dangerous summer, I absolutely do not include all of them. In fact I love those guys, I spent time With them everyday, had a lot of great moments on this tour and I think they’re a talented band. But it’s unfortunate that That some of them seem to not get along very well. We do not plan to stay on this topic. It’s over, they decided to leave the tour and we are moving on. We wish them the best of luck.

and this is what TDS is saying

So for the people who are open to the truth here it goes. We normally play 7 songs each night, this is nothing new… adds up to be about 23 minutes in length… we were usually allotted about 30 minutes sometimes maybe just 25. Right before we were about to play our last song the tour manager for VE comes on stage and tells us to get off right then and there, no saying goodbye, no last song, nothing… so we do. Bryan and I went upstairs to the green room to get our catering and eat it… while eating we were discussing how lame it was that our set was cut off AGAIN (this happened countless times on tour and only to TDS, none of the other bands were ever effected) Members of VE will actually openly admit that they cut our set simply because they (their manager and tour manager mainly) don’t like us, and also say that NONE of the other bands on the tour like us either… whatever… blah blah. While Bryan and I are eating their bassist (cant say I even learned his name) decided to jump into our conversation (screaming) saying that we are “ungrateful pieces of shit”, saying that “no one likes our band” saying that “we don’t make any money” he went on for a while and I continued to eat… being that I don’t really listen to people who are in bands that sacrifice dignity. After a while I was just disgusted, he ruined my meal… so I tried to leave the room and as I left I said “enjoy playing for 12 year olds” since that is the general age of their fans… its nothing to be ashamed of (actually yes it is). THIS IS WHEN HE THREW THE BOTTLE, missed of course being that he was drunk, angry, frustrated, etc etc. Threatened to kick my ass and had me cornered in the room. I made sure to put my hands on my hips and look as feminine as possible, to humor myself mainly. The tour manager for VE runs upstairs, pushes me against the wall and tells me to leave… that was fine with me, but Bryan wasn’t really ok with the whole violence thing.. so he pulled him off of me. This is when their bassist desperately jumped on Bryans back, hoping to take him down (yeah, not really going to happen). I guess this is when VE, their manager and their tour manager decided to make up the story that I was talking shit and then punched someone in the face… if you knew me youd know I would never hit anyone unless I truly had to protect myself or someone else. As I was leaving the venue I was explaining to everyone what exactly happened and everyone else in VE just told me not to worry about it and that hes just stressed that he has a kid on the way. I can understand the stress of expecting a child and his words can be forgiven but threats and violence against me and my band is not something I am willing to put myself, my band and my fans around. Hope you all can understand.

Sorry for the horrible grammer, I didn’t really want to invest too much time into this. Just wanted to explain what happened, plain and simple.

Love

Cody.

not sure what i believe to be quite honest

not sure what i believe to be quite honest

None of it? Both bands are full of it. The truth will be somewhere in between. Cody's story is probably accurate with the timeline and 'major' details but he must've ran his mouth backstage to get Devin to start on him. No excuse either way, embarrassing conduct by both bands involved. Violence, however, is never the answer.

110% on devin's side

if the bottle didn't even hit him why is he being such a little bitch about it?

also

this happened countless times on tour and only to TDS, none of the other bands were ever effected

this is absolutely not true

versaemerge were cut short when i saw them and they were the damn headliners

i've heard anarbor had to shorten their set too

it's not just them

Conditions' response:

For those interested on all this drama - We love The Dangerous Summer. We are fans of the band, and we listen to their record in the van even when we're on tour with them and hear them everynight. We have gotten along with everyone this tour, but sometimes one person is enough to ruin it for everyone. We will continue to support TDS, but we are wholeheartedly supporting Devin and our great friends in VersaEmerge on this incident. Don't believe everything you read on the internet, because frankly it's just not true. We have been there since day 1, and saw the entire altercation in NYC. Certain people need to filter what they say and WHEN they say it. When EVERYONE'S manager, agent, label, etc is in attendance, you probably shouldn't say negative things when they're THERE. Show some gratitude and appreciation to the excellent turnouts we've had on this tour, and roll with the punches. Everything doesn't always go your way, but act like a professional no matter what. Grow up.

With love,

Conditions

None of it? Both bands are full of it. The truth will be somewhere in between. Cody's story is probably accurate with the timeline and 'major' details but he must've ran his mouth backstage to get Devin to start on him. No excuse either way, embarrassing conduct by both bands involved. Violence, however, is never the answer.

yeah, you're right. agree with you

110% on devin's side

if the bottle didn't even hit him why is he being such a little bitch about it?

also

this is absolutely not true

versaemerge were cut short when i saw them and they were the damn headliners

i've heard anarbor had to shorten their set too

it's not just them

Similarly, why's Devin been such a litle bitch to actually throw the bottle? o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0 ~~~

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen ** ;)

His reference to 'other bands' was to the support acts, not VE.

lol Ross you dick, smart move with your avatar.

hahahahha

I'll send you some early next week :) I have a M&G on Sunday and hopefully I'll get some good shots during the show for you. Plus I have a half day of school on Monday so I'll have time to go through them all and send them off to you :)

oOoOo when you have them ready send them to yourownlove.ve @ gmail . com or you could just sign up to the site and add them yourself. either way let me know!! :D :D

lol Ross you dick, smart move with your avatar.

hahahahha

oOoOo when you have them ready send them to yourownlove.ve @ gmail . com or you could just sign up to the site and add them yourself. either way let me know!! :D :D

Added some last night! Sorry they have my flickr tag on them; when I edited them I put that on there for when I uploaded them to flickr. I still need to upload my M&G picture.

Anyways, I put up a bunch of pictures on my flickr;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ohhaimegan

• 2 weeks later...