VersaEmerge

PlzSpeakSoftly

I was just reading Sierra's blog...This confirms my suspicions.

"Bands struggle, selling 25,000 units is not that great to a label, and even if you do buy a cd, artist rarely see the profits. It’s a backwards world today in music but the one thing that hasn’t changed is the support from your fans. I appreciate you all so much and I’m going to make more of an effort to personally connect with you all more.
Can’t wait to finish this record and get back out on the road!
Love you all and thank you!"

http://goo.gl/jhjLF

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

made a lengthy post analyzing this "aneveratmosphere" person who is, apparently fake!

http://yourownloveve.wordpress.com/2013/08/03/versaemerge-leave-fueled-by-ramen/

however, it is for sure definite that they've left the label and have self-produced a new album entirely. now we play the waiting game for an official announcement. since the cat's out of the bag, they can't stay quiet any longer.

lol, three months ago i said this

I think they're finally off the label as they've re-done the album completely themselves now + due to the album not being out they've had to drop out of Warped.

As long as they'll give us the album they wanted to make, I'll be happy. It's a shame they've lost so many fans + interest in general. They're really (besides Paramore) the only female-fronted band who I think are capable of having worth for the scene. I see something huge in them, but they've clearly been held back by who they're working for.

i guess i was mostly right.

also

blake posted this yesterday

Vultures!
As some of you have already noticed, our record label Fueled By Ramen has moved us into the Alumni section of their roster. It is true that we will no longer be a part of FBR, as we’ve decided to split ways. We’re extremely grateful to everyone over at FBR and want to thank them for all of the amazing work and time they’ve put into helping develop our band over the years. There is still new music on the way, although we wont be releasing anything until all business stuff is fully sorted. Thank you for always supporting us and being amazing fans. We love you!

Blake

http://blakeve.tumblr.com/post/57269078498/vultures-as-some-of-you-have-already-noticed

Ok, wow it's too bad when you have to fight like that to put new music out there, surely it's gonna be a difficult time for Sierra and Blake , hope it won't take too long, this band really has something that makes them special 

I discovered VersaEmerge before they were signed thanks to a friend and the old Myspace. I'd like to know why they were dropped by FBR... I know now they've got more artistic freedom to do their own stuff, but let's be honest here, it's super hard to be heard as a band nowadays without the help  of some label with cool bands and a massive sponsored tour like Warped. IMHO without labels there's so many bands online these days and we all know many of them are not that great, i'd say 15% is worth a listen, there are so many chancers too... 

What do you guys think about this? I hope another label that understand their music and plans takes them in, so their amazing songs can be heard worldwide. 

i think they'll be okay without a label for now tbh, unlike other bands they've already had some label promotion and have a fan base built up already, they're not starting from scratch

maybe another label will pick them up and help promote a third album but for now i think they'll be fine

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"In the summer of 2012, we filmed a music video for the song ‘No Consequences’.  We are happy to announce that we can finally share that video with all of our fans. This will be the last piece of content released as VersaEmerge.  Expect music from VERSA before the year is up.

-Blake & Sierra"

Sierra said a few times over before all this happened that if she could change the name, it would just be "Versa". i think they've wanted to since they've become a duo, but weren't able to due to FBR's restrictions.

A fan asked Blake on Twitter why their changed their name and he said "We chose to", then the guy says, "no reason?". Blake responds with "Our sound has changed a lot. Also it's just Sierra and I now. Much different from the early days : )"

https://twitter.com/BlakeHarnage/status/395399552955465728

k9g3RIn.png

They definitely bought back the distribution rights from FBR to Perceptions though, which is why it was off iTunes + Spotify for a while and they just announced that it was back online.