LOOK! She screams remedy

Trevor

lol you're gonna be blushing a whole lot if you keep making music like that! ;-)

Haha, yeah. It's awesome that ya'll are liking this stuff (Cause it's sorta old, we wrote those about 2 years ago). The stuff we're waiting to go into record is on a whole new level.

:rotfl:

Haha, yeah. It's awesome that ya'll are liking this stuff (Cause it's sorta old, we wrote those about 2 years ago). The stuff we're waiting to go into record is on a whole new level.

:rotfl:

Do you still have the joint male/female singer? Does it still sound as raw and unpolished? :D

Do you still have the joint male/female singer? Does it still sound as raw and unpolished? :D

Ya, our whole deal revolves around myself singing and kyrsten, our front woman I guess you can call her. :P

My idea for the band revolves around a rule that I'm calling the "1/3rd rule". Basically in a nutshell, it means that on 2/3rd's of the album I would sing a 1/3rd of the time. On the remaining 1/3rd of the songs on the album, the roles get switched and I end up singing the majority. A good example is the song Travesty, where I sing around 30-40% (roughly 1/3rd) of the time.

As for the new songs still having the same feel: I think they all got the same feel.. but they're just better at it. They're real headbangers. I'll put together a sampler of live recordings to give ya a taste of whats coming. :)

CHECK IT

Sampler of a few new songs. Keep it in this forum though if you please. :)

Let me know what'ya think. There's no vocals recorded, they're only live demos.. and copywritten! :)

ughh, youtube butchers audio quality- sorry.

We also have a piano song in the works that is coming out AWESOME as well as an acoustic cover of lovesong by the cure which might end up somewhere.. who knows at this point. :P

I like them!!!

There heavy and great. Do you have anymore demos with singing that you could upload somewhere for me like sendspace or something because I really enjoy your stuff and it makes a change from all the puffy emo shite around.

How would you describe your sound and what direction do you feel your band is going to take?

Btw couldn't you have picked a different Cure song to cover I mean every band does this :rotfl::P Be good to hear your take on it though.

Hah, yea- I was thinking the same thing when we were looking at covers. But when myself and tim started working over the song we changed it up a lot and it actually sounds pretty good. Two singers makes anything interesting.

As far as direction, I definitely want to stay in the warped tour kind of crowd. I know a lot of people like to compare us to evanescence which is partially flattering (They're extremely successful), but also kind of not the crowd we want to appeal to. It's hard for me to compare us to other bands, but if I had to describe it I'd say a tougher version of taking back sunday but with guy/girl vocals, but staying away from the mainstream rock sound that floods the charts. (Seether, evanescence, breaking benjamin).

Most of the new stuff as vocals written but not recorded, sowwy. :)

Diggin the samples right there.

First soundings quite sinister to begin; i've got an idea in my head how i'd love it to sound, and i hope it follows on or even makes it better (which i'm sure you're more than capable of).

Second i really quite like the rhythm of it, guitars could possibly use a bit of layering ? I don't know, and yes i am aware they are only live demos so not really a whole bunch you could do there :) Stoked though, sounding good for sure.

Third is my favourite. Loving, loving the guitar work there, it all just sort of flows and sounds lovely (well, lovely isn't perhaps the word for it, but you know what i mean!).

Definitely gonna keep my ears peeled for you guys, i love what you're doing :D Let us know when you get the vocals down, even if you do it as a raw live as those samples; i love raw demos, for some reason. Mastered versions sound good as the polished product, but i'm a proper sucker for demos.

When you get famous (or before, yunno) you have to come play in the UK so i can come and thrash around a bit and do the whole OMMGGG fangirl thing. Haha.

Yeha, good stuff :D

Hah, yea- I was thinking the same thing when we were looking at covers. But when myself and tim started working over the song we changed it up a lot and it actually sounds pretty good. Two singers makes anything interesting.

As far as direction, I definitely want to stay in the warped tour kind of crowd. I know a lot of people like to compare us to evanescence which is partially flattering (They're extremely successful), but also kind of not the crowd we want to appeal to. It's hard for me to compare us to other bands, but if I had to describe it I'd say a tougher version of taking back sunday but with guy/girl vocals, but staying away from the mainstream rock sound that floods the charts. (Seether, evanescence, breaking benjamin).

Most of the new stuff as vocals written but not recorded, sowwy. :)

I think you’re selling yourself a little short by aiming for the type of crowd that goes to the warped tour.

This whole emo/alternative fad is about as popular as it’s going to get and the only way for it to go is down and you really don’t want to be grouped in with a passing fad. You should try and group yourself with more general rock with slight genre affiliation like Korn, Deftones, Evanescence do so you can appeal to more than one group of people and still stay relevant to the music buying public.

The crowds at those shows are more open to different styles and in the end like every big band they will be full of different type of people anyway.

FYI I played the two songs at work and everyone liked them which is a great sign. :D

i believe once you make music that you love than some people will love it and you may have no control over who they are. i understand where you're coming from but you cant be making music to appeal to just "these people" but im sure you already know that. as long as its what you love than nothing else really matters.

Thanks a lot guys :)

Yeah I definitely know what you mean about the more general rock field being MUCH more lucrative. It's somewhere I'd like to be eventually (who wouldn't). But I'd like to make a run at the younger more fun crowd first. But who am I to pick and choose, this is all theoretical.

Jt's right about the fan base thing. Let whoever likes it like it, and thats all that should matter.

In other news... we got a drum sponsorship from shine! Hurrahhh!

Diggin the samples right there.

First soundings quite sinister to begin; i've got an idea in my head how i'd love it to sound, and i hope it follows on or even makes it better (which i'm sure you're more than capable of).

Second i really quite like the rhythm of it, guitars could possibly use a bit of layering ? I don't know, and yes i am aware they are only live demos so not really a whole bunch you could do there :) Stoked though, sounding good for sure.

Third is my favourite. Loving, loving the guitar work there, it all just sort of flows and sounds lovely (well, lovely isn't perhaps the word for it, but you know what i mean!).

Definitely gonna keep my ears peeled for you guys, i love what you're doing :D Let us know when you get the vocals down, even if you do it as a raw live as those samples; i love raw demos, for some reason. Mastered versions sound good as the polished product, but i'm a proper sucker for demos.

When you get famous (or before, yunno) you have to come play in the UK so i can come and thrash around a bit and do the whole OMMGGG fangirl thing. Haha.

Yeha, good stuff :D

Yeah, all of the new stuff is packed with good stuff. Second song is hard to hear what's going on since my md recorder I use to do rough demoing has been nothing but a giant pain ass recently. Hard to get levels right.

We should be recording shit soon, and now that I got my trusty new video camera you'll get to see most of it. =p

- and i'd love to go overseas! wee!

Thanks a lot guys :)

Yeah I definitely know what you mean about the more general rock field being MUCH more lucrative. It's somewhere I'd like to be eventually (who wouldn't). But I'd like to make a run at the younger more fun crowd first. But who am I to pick and choose, this is all theoretical.

Jt's right about the fan base thing. Let whoever likes it like it, and thats all that should matter.

In other news... we got a drum sponsorship from shine! Hurrahhh!

Well good luck to you, I just hope you haven't tied yourself into a genre that's in decline :???:

Remember to have backbone and stick to what you need/want when dealing with labels and please please don't sign for victory or any of the useless indie labels in the genre.

And send me a cd when they are done ;-)