LOOK! She screams remedy

Trevor

Wow some of you guys are requesting single songs off bands to make up albums, now the odd song isn't so bad but seriously some of you guys should goto places like Amazon.com, itunes hell even best buy and buy some music and support the artists instead of constantly freeloading.

No wonder the industry is in the state it is

Trevor any chance of a free cd yet??? :P

facepalm.jpg

a forum! awesome!

hiroki, I uploaded the EP to megaupload a few days ago. not sure if the link still works. i can re upload it if you want. =O

Actually I got it off amazon earlier in the year I was just after a physical cd as I like to make flac rips and stuff but thanks for the offer much appreciated ;-)

Btw how much fo you actually make from amazon downloads?

Actually I got it off amazon earlier in the year I was just after a physical cd as I like to make flac rips and stuff but thanks for the offer much appreciated ;-)

Btw how much fo you actually make from amazon downloads?

not exactly sure what the breakdown is. Out of 89cents per song I think we get around 50c of it. I know itunes after credit card companies take their share and apple takes theirs, off 99c we get around 40.

Here's the bio we've been putting in our press kits. Still needs to be put on the myspace O_O. Feel free to use whatever =p

It’s hard to pinpoint where the story of She Screams Remedy begins, but one thing is for sure; 2009 has been a big chapter in their book, and the rest of the narrative is going to be vibrant, artistic and unimaginably adventurous.

We rewind to early 2006, where Trevor Koch (Guitarist, Vocalist) and Tim Berman (Guitarist, Keys) were engaged in constant musical dialogue. Their goal was clear from the start, take the experiences they received from Southern California’s active music lore, and combine them with their vision of interactive evolved rock music to create a new style for a new generation. “Here’s how I would describe it,” says Tim, “we want to be inspired by other musicians and by our audience. We want to influence them, of course, but we also want them to influence us, I think that’s the best way for us to grow”.

The two worked day-in and day-out to expand their musical horizons as friends, and also as individuals. Trevor sought the expertise of classical guitarists, musical theorists, and artists from virtually every sphere, and this curiosity led him to the study of music and philosophy at U.S.C. Tim, meanwhile, was looking to expand his technical arsenal, which resulted in editing software, a piano, and a drum machine becoming his three weapons of choice.

This developmental period moved them towards a crucial point in the exploration process. Trevor and Tim wanted to find a singer whose voice would not only bring the melodies of SSR alive, but also encourage listeners to perform with the band, while simultaneously inviting them to hear the meaning behind the sound. On a lucky Sunday afternoon in 2008, the Bay Area winds brought Kyrsten Gammon (Vocalist) in front of SSR’s doorstep, and she was a perfect fit. With an ethereal, almost dream-like voice that hits like lightning, Kyrsten’s fresh approach to harmonies and collaborative singing elevated the in-studio sessions and live performances to new heights.

As the saying goes, “when it rains, it pours”. Within the same month that Kyrsten entered the mix, Chris Cisneros (Bassist) found his way into the group. A long time friend of the others, SSR’s dynamic became even more comfortable when he decided to join. Chris’ stage presence isn’t exactly easy to describe, but it’s certainly easy to see. Rumors are still circulating regarding his Guinness World Record as “The First Man to Swim the English Channel with only a Speedo and a Bass Guitar” as well as which skill he learned first, reading or head-banging. Whatever the case may be, SSR was glad to have him on board.

By early 2009, songs were being written, produced, and mastered. However, SSR was still waiting to add the final piece to the puzzle, a drummer. “At this stage for the band, it was like seeing everything through a kaleidoscope,” says Trevor, “each person’s picture was unique and represented their own style, but it hadn’t really formed one image yet”. Enter Anthony Agostinacci: the Italian Phenom. With a serious amount of experience under his belt (both screaming and playing for hardcore bands), he brought an accomplished originality to SSR’S rock sound, creating face-melting breakdowns and sensational drum rolls that shock you all over. Anthony’s journey to SSR was driven by a passion to identify himself by his love for music. “Oh I totally make the best of every moment; rocking out, playing music, this is what I love”, says Anthony. Where Anthony came from is still somewhat of a mystery, but for the record, it has been narrowed down to The Shire, The Midwest, Sesame Street, or Ridgecrest-California.

What started as two friends turned into a family of five, and the future is bright for SSR. At the moment, the biggest objective is the completion of their first full-length album (due to be released this fall), while continuing the trend of playing bigger shows and sharing more of their music. “Discovering your sound takes a while,” notes Chris, “but we are definitely getting there. I can see it after every show, because the band is having more fun each time”.

She Screams Remedy wants their fans to be a part of every step along the way, and they want to write this next chapter in their book with you. In Kyrsten’s words, “SSR is going to be a band that never stops moving forward, music is our everything”.

awesome stuff guys, when I get home I'll have Kyrsten start spreadin the word about the forum. =)

Also we have a show on the 26th I believe @ the knitting factory main stg in LA. If you're in the LA area you should come hanggg! =)

Also, by next week there should be some new songs on the myspace.