Katy Perry

HarlequinGerhl

An american version of Lilly Allen except without the lyrical talent so she uses her body to sell records and adds a cheeky nod to lesbianism to get the pervy young lads interested...I wouldn't think she'd last much longer than her 5 mins of fame.

She can sing but her songs lack so much.....the albums worth a listen if you want a touch of throw away music.

Isn't she going out with him from Gym Class Hero's?

An american version of Lilly Allen except without the lyrical talent so she uses her body to sell records and adds a cheeky nod to lesbianism to get the pervy young lads interested...I wouldn't think she'd last much longer than her 5 mins of fame.

She can sing but her songs lack so much.....the albums worth a listen if you want a touch of throw away music.

ouch..

each to their own i guess

but i think you're wrong.

as for the "cheeky nod to lesbianism to get the pervy young lads interested", i personally think a song about sexual experimentation is a nice change from the norm - it got me to take notice.

her songs are well written and for a first record it's very good and will do well in the mainstream

It will sell loads to the mainstream public because they are not really interested in talent they are just interested in something they can sing/dance to and be trendy with their friends which is why it's doing so well on American radio and TV.

I can see why you like it as it's different but really familiar to everything else and the record company have done a great job at marketing her.......but like you said each to their own :)

It might be better to hear her second album to see if she had any lyrical talent once the pressure of the first album is off you know?

Word!

How the fuck did she end up on the warped tour? She's just a pop artist. And her single is crap- lyrics and melody. She can sing though.

pfff

UK music > USA music

kthnxbye

pfft.

Throw a social commentery with an accent to a dance beat and/or indie guitars and you have most of the current UK scene.

The UK is utterly shit for music. Well, I guess Wales has had some good stuff, and Manchester has Nine Black Alps. UK is shit