- Drive-By Argument -

Hiroki

Does anyone like these guys???

They are electro-alternative and they are a lot of fun and they are from Scotland but unlike most Scottish bands they are not boring and nor are they self righteous bastards ;-):rotfl:

Anyway if you haven't (I hope some of you guys have heard of them) then get to their myspace site and check out the likes of "The Sega Method" and "Sexlines Are Expensive Comedy" and let me know what you think!

http://www.myspace.com/drivebyargument

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that wasn't a dig at me in there. :P

I don't know why it would be though, I'm not a Scottish band.

But yes, I've been listening to DBA for 2/3 years now, a smashin' wee band.

My friends band Acrylic Iqon have supported them a few times up here.

Any chance you've got any of their earlier ep's you can toss my way then Ross? :D

I heard of them the other year and never thought about them until I went through a bunch of CD's and remembered how much fun they are.

And it wasn't a dig at you it was a dig at yer music scene and Del Amitri

Ehh, don't think I've got them actually. I'll ask a few people tomorrow (well later today technically) who should have them though.

Haha Del Amitri haha.

Ahhhhh cheers!!!

Any chance you could ask to borrow them and rip/upload them for me please as they are a bugger to find online :(

Franz Ferdinand are self righteous bastards toooo :D

Ahhhhh cheers!!!

Any chance you could ask to borrow them and rip/upload them for me please as they are a bugger to find online :(

Franz Ferdinand are self righteous bastards toooo :D

Haha yeah, sure thing. If any of them have it that is. Where's Babs when you need her? :P

When she's back on later, there's no way she'll ignore this thread so when you read this - Babs, help sort out Lee with the old EPs if you have them please? :)

But I like Franz Ferdinand.:crybad:

Ah someone else likes them tooo?? Now we have a thread :D

I so want those EP's or any bonus tracks, live, b-sides or anything that I can lay my hands on ;-)

FF kinda annoyed me and when I was in Glasgow I went to the record store that was near and opening for a train/tube station and when I went in there I saw a poster with the singer with a cock in his moth and I got a lecture off the bloke from the shop as to why they suck :rotfl: So someone shares my hate.

Yep, if memory serves me right she stays in the same town as one of them. She can correct me if I'm wrong when she reads this, my memory has been a little off of late.

I think I had some live stuff kicking about, I'll look into that aswell.

Hahaha, was it Avalanche Records beside Queen St. Station? Sounds like something you'd see in there haha.

Ah I hope you right about her having some stuff as it make me happy!!!!! And thanks for going to upload the live stuff you have

Avalanche Records sounds familiar it was a great little shop where I spent at least £60 there before I poured the rest of my money down my neck :D Is it still there as I was planning on going when I see the trio.

Haha, I'll need to find it first. I'm sure my mate who sent me it will still haven't them if I can't find it.

Yeah, it's still there haha. Had the Jude Law CD for 99p one of the last times I was in. CD's long gone now though haha.

Haha, I'll need to find it first. I'm sure my mate who sent me it will still haven't them if I can't find it.

Yeah, it's still there haha. Had the Jude Law CD for 99p one of the last times I was in. CD's long gone now though haha.

Cheers Ross and as if he has anything else if you don't mind ;-)

I went to another record store next to the main train station and not far from the youth hostel which was also the bollocks :D Haha Jude Law CD1 I take it??? I've got that and the vinyl but I don't have CD2 :-x

pahha no way, a DBA thread!

my family are good friends with the guitarist/synth players (colins) family. his 'rents were round tonight actually lol.

his younger sister is my hairdresser, his older sister works for my dad, his maw looked after me when i was wee etc.

my sister knows them all quite well aswell, just from being in the same crowd at clubs and that. i could go oooon. basically, DBA are a local band to me lol. and theyre pretty goood.

kinda sucked theyre glasgow gig was the same night as 'more though (N)

Thank you very much I just want to hear them quite badly :D

no worries.

ive got a mate whos got most of their old stuff on mp3 though... i could chase her up about them if thats any use to you?

The Dykeenies, if you know them, refer to me as "the other one". :)

It's just about my only claim to fame haha.

pft.

The Dykeenies are awesome! haha.

If you saw my last.fm you'd probably disown me tbh, it's quite embarrassing.

What as if last.fm isnt reason enough to disown you :D

ach its fine.

i just asked her - shes not on the computer thats got the stuff on it atm, but i'm she says she'll let me know next time she is :D

Thank you very very much :)