hayleys scarfs

point

these scarfs maybe used to represent some political point of view, and maybe they still do for somoe people, but I think that now it's more like fashion. some people still say that these scarves mean something , but i don't think that it's really that important. they just lokk awesome, that's all

• 2 months later...

Okay so, if anyone hasn't noticed, these scarves aren't meant to be rude.

They're a fashion statement.

I really don't understand why this thread needed to be made considering everyone knows that Hayley is NOT that kind of person.

I call them "Scene-ster scarves" lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh gosh. that was pretty offensive :neutral:

Im a muslim too so i right now, i know what im talking about.

First of all, those scarves (shemagh) are what arab men where over their heads outdoors to protect them from the sun. (just like wearing a cap)

eg. of an arab man wearing the shemagh: 1476526782_8d3dc99be2.jpg%3Fv%3D0

Second of all, no way in hell do muslims wear them to represent hatred towards jews. We learn to respect every single indvidual. & im sure everyone else does.

The scarf isnt supposed to represent anything. They wear it instead of wearing a hat. Its also became traditional too so they dont only wear this outside. Same for other traditional clothing such as some of the japanese traditionally wear kimonos. Same thing.

I think its pretty awesome that the shemagh has become global and that celebrities and everyone else is wearing it in their own way. =)