MTV VMA 2008

I'll accept majority.

From your use of parenthesis and quation marks I get the feeling that you think you are more qualified a comedian than him. Now, obviously, you can't be "qualified" as a comedian per se. But if he is there presenting a fairly large award ceremony then some people must view him as a "comedian".

Like what? The credit crunch? That would go down a treat.

"Well, thanks to your banks being utter dicks my country's ruined. Ho ho ho, laugh it up dickwads!"

Granted that is neither particularly good or funny (well it might be, but I won't be the judge) but there is only really so much recent going ons that he can comment on. "Wars a bitch, eh?". "Fuck me oil costs a lot, why don't we go shoot the bastards and steal it?".

Granted he may have tended to use JB/Bush jokes more often than not, I wouldn't say that all his material was based solely on those two topics.

Just to set the record straight, I don't think I'm a comedian, or that I will be funnier when put in his situation

Yup, not all of his stuff were based on those two topics, just 90% of all the "funny" stuff. I still think he was lame.

Russell for the win ! 8-)

I want him for the 2009 VMAS. :P

so glad I'm not the only one who agrees. My brother and I loved him. I think he was funniest when he was making some of the celebrities feel awkward (Paris Hilton, Twilight Cast). He amused me to no end.

Back to Paramore: They rocked, but Hayley's hair was ridiculously poofy. I think it may have been due to the heat and humidity that is California.

Half of his jokes were about Bush, the other half about the jonas brothers

He was funny for 15 minutes

honestly i thought his jokes about the jonas brothers were hilarious

some of them are kind of iffy, depends on your humour

but for the most part he really wasn't that bad

i laughed at least

i like how there's this whole scandal about him interrupting rpattz though, haha

Now THAT I would love to see!:mrgreen:

Russel Brand for Mock the Week~!

Hyperbole.

Look through the pages and you'll see that Casey, Courtney and I, somewhat, defended Russell Brand because we quite like him. Well, I do anyway, I only assume that they do. So to say "we all agree" is wide of the mark as I'm sure it's not only us three that feel this way.

And to use the word "hate" is a little extreme. Saying that you don't appreciate his humour or you don't neccessarily agree with his views would be a much less animostic way of putting it.

And to quote your earlier post:

"Half of his jokes were about Bush, the other half about the jonas brothers"

Of course they would be, comedians tell jokes about popular subjects. When was the last time you saw a comedian recently make jokes about the Napoleonistic Wars or the Taipong Rebellion?

Ross the Master Debater~! 8-)

(pun intentional :P)

I didn't see the VMAs, I don't do award ceremonies - although I probably would have just laughed at Russel Brand for being in America, because they "wouldn't get him" (understand him).