MTV VMA 2008

They're a product not a band

That's true, but only because they're signed to Hollywood, which is owned by the Walt Disney Company. If they were signed to another label (major or otherwise) it'd be a different story. But since they're signed to a Disney-owned label (also considering their massive appeal to the Disney Channel audience), Disney's gonna milk them for all they're worth.

Something bad might come out of me defending the Jonas Brothers in this thread , but I'm just saying. I'm not really a big fan, honestly, but that's just how Disney is. I'm just stating the obvious though. ::shrug::

Guest JadeIsRad
That's true, but only because they're signed to Hollywood, which is owned by the Walt Disney Company. If they were signed to another label (major or otherwise) it'd be a different story. But since they're signed to a Disney-owned label (also considering their massive appeal to the Disney Channel audience), Disney's gonna milk them for all they're worth.

Something bad might come out of me defending the Jonas Brothers in this thread , but I'm just saying. I'm not really a big fan, honestly, but that's just how Disney is. I'm just stating the obvious though. ::shrug::

Something bad always comes out when people try to defend something everyone else hates but oh well, what can you do about it? :]

Yay! Nomination!

Tough competition there... 'cause of the Jonas Brothers xD Too much success, but seriously, that video has nothing interestingor worth watching... It's so clichè. On the other hand, FOB video is great. In my opinion xDD I crack up everytime I watch it.

Haven't seen the others, (PCD and SP) but Paramore should win, just 'cause the video is awesome! :D

Something bad always comes out when people try to defend something everyone else hates but oh well, what can you do about it? :]

I tried. :)

On the topic: I'm definitely voting for Paramore (assuming we'll be able to, weren't we able to vote last year?), but I must say, I loved the Donald Faison cameo in the FOB video! I'm a huge Scrubs fan so that was a fangirl moment for me, haha. :3

I really hope Paramore do win if it's true. They deserve to atleast win something!

+ I've never really like the Jonas brothers. (Srry Jonas fans.) But in my opinion (not fact) I think they're another one of those over rated disney bands... and I'm a disney fan. They wouldn't have been famous if it wasn't for the whole disney company. -sigh.

Paramore deserve it more, because they've not won much or of any awards yet... :/

I've voted them everyday for Teen Choice Awards for all 3.

Yay! Nomination!

Tough competition there... 'cause of the Jonas Brothers xD Too much success, but seriously, that video has nothing interestingor worth watching... It's so clichè. On the other hand, FOB video is great. In my opinion xDD I crack up everytime I watch it.

Haven't seen the others, (PCD and SP) but Paramore should win, just 'cause the video is awesome! :D

I like "Beat It", I think it's a cool vid. :P

The Pussycat Dolls forum that I regularly go on has a thread about the MTV VMA 2008, and the person who started the thread said these are the nominees for "Best Group Video". I don't know where they got this, but they said they found it from searching through news for Paramore.

When I Grow Up - The Pussycat Dolls

When You Look Me in the Eyes - Jonas Brothers

Misery Business - Paramore

Beat It - Fall Out Boy

Your Love is a Lie - Simple Plan

It's good they have been nominated, but Misery Business wasn't out in 2008 it was 2007, rawr. I wish people could see past that one single.

Agreed ^

When most people think of Paramore these days, it's like misery business.

You talk to someone who're all, "yeah Paramore's amazing, I'm a big fan." They'll always say that Misery Business is the best, and the only one they really know. Either that or it's "have you seen that misery business vid with that Hayley girl form paramore?"

I'm not having a dig at misery business fans, or those who got to know the band through that. Actually I'm not having a go? :) It's just yeah, it's the song that everyone knows...

in my honest opinion, I think Emergency was my favourite single + video.

Agreed ^

When most people think of Paramore these days, it's like misery business.

You talk to someone who're all, "yeah Paramore's amazing, I'm a big fan." They'll always say that Misery Business is the best, and the only one they really know. Either that or it's "have you seen that misery business vid with that Hayley girl form paramore?"

I'm not having a dig at misery business fans, or those who got to know the band through that. Actually I'm not having a go? :) It's just yeah, it's the song that everyone knows...

in my honest opinion, I think Emergency was my favourite single + video.

I know what you're saying, Pressure is mine as that is the song that got me into Paramore which I guess is the same for Miz Biz lovers, it was their first song, still..

Well I think as long as PCD doesn't win I'll be happy. I haven't seen the SP video. And I also wish people could get past misery business lol. Still love that song to death, but seriously. Paramore has more songs.

Hey, PCD are pretty good! Better than the bloody Jonas Brothers, well, I think so anyway.

• 3 weeks later...