an unopened letter to the world.

laura.RIOT!

Dear "friends",

You don't even care, do you? You've hurt me so much, but you're so wrapped up in your new friends that you fail to notice. I'm far from perfect, but I know I'm a brilliant friend to have. I'm constantly loyal, totally honest, a great listener and good fun. Clearly, that wasn't enough though. Everybody always leaves me in the end, that has always been the same, but that doesn't change the fact that you've hurt me. Because of you, I pulled myself away from any other friends because you didn't like them.. And now you've left me for the one person I can't stand. Thanks for that.

You could have at least waited to dump me. I wouldn't have cared if you'd done it next year, I'd have been about ready to go off for university. But no, you have to ruin my last summer as "a kid".

Why should I care? You certainly don't.

Shannon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This is probably the most pointless thing I'll ever post. But I need to get it off my chest.

Dear Granddad,

I really prayed that you'd get better. I believed you would. And now that you're gone, I miss you like crazy. I miss going and sitting in your house every Saturday, your incredible food and the way you always used to get your English mixed up, and most of all, you. I wish I could've got to say goodbye. And everything from the past few weeks just echoes around in my head, and it's so surreal. I'll never forget you. Ever. I love you. God Bless and Goodnight <3

-Rachel.

PS. Cece's lasagne was no where near as good as yours :)

Dear self,

You're better off without them. Focus on the positives, keep going and stop letting people that don't matter get you down. You are worth something. Just wait eight more months, then you can leave here and make a fresh start. Just stay strong - whatever you do.

Shannon.

Dear girl that likes me,

I know we have a date today, you're a nice girl, but I have to admit, I'm not really interested. I know I kinda sound like an asshole, and I'm not trying to, I know I've been sending you a lot of flirty texts, but I have to them you something, your friend hooked me up with you because I was depressed about the girl that I like (or better yet, still like). Your a nice girl and I don't want to break your heart. I still like that other girl, and I'd drop anything to be with her. I'm really sorry. I've never been in a situation like this in my life and I apologize that I don't know how to react. And I really do feel like shit.

- Ernie

dear you.. i can't even look at you, i hate you, no-ones ever hurt me as much as you have, this is the hardest thing i've had to deal with, i don't know why i haven't walked away. :(

dear mum.. i hope you're not too upset that i'm going to my stepdads for christmas instead of yours. =(

Dear --------

What have you done to me ? I never felt that way before, you're the first man who makes me want to dress up and make up , I barely recognize myself. I don't know why I have this strange feeling that you're it. I really want you and it scares me so bad

Dear --------

I seriously feel like our friendship is dying, I know the distance doesn't help but I'm tired of feeling like I'm in this alone, I'm tired of trying to keep this alive when you obviously don't care about it as much as I do.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear _____,

Because of what you said the other day, I feel like I can't speak to you any more without being judged. Every single problem you have, I listen, I give advice, I don't think any worse of you. I go to you with something, and it seems you can't be bothered. I don't even moan about stuff all the time, it'd just be nice to have someone there when I need them most. What happened?

-Rachel.

Dear 2012,

Please be better.

-Rachel.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear-

2 months and a week in recovery, so happy, I finally get my life back, thank you for never giving up on me and loving me all the way through, i know I'm not fixed but I feel stronger and it's getting easier and easier

thank you