- The Office (US) -

Hiroki

This happens to be my favourite TV show at the moment and I was wondering who else likes it and what they thought of the last season?

I kind hated the ending with Jan back around and Michael turning someone mean and also with the end of Toby....lot to take in and quite a deflating ending.

Anyone, views?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just recently got into this show. i loved every episode i saw though. I didnt see the goodbye toby one because game 4 of the stanley cup playoffs were on and i was not missing my team whip the flyers ass (even though we lost that one :( )

Do what I do and either watch them online or download the episodes from the various fan sites :D

• 5 weeks later...

Can't stand it.

Love The Office, but the US version, as with every other British comedy they take, just isn't funny.

True, they use some of the same jokes, but it's not so much the joke that doesn't make it funny, more the delivery of the joke.

Just look what the US did to Red Dwarf!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrnw243CCE4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwymOX6ey_g

The Americans should leave our comedy to us. We make it funnier.

• 3 weeks later...
2 and a bit.

That's 2 too many.

And I'm not a goth.

Ah well your HIM type name sorta signals that your an off-the-peg goth...no harm was meant tho.

May I ask what season you watched the shows from? Season one of the US office follows the story line of the UK one which is why you may have not like it. It comes into it's own near the end of the second season tho :D

Ugh, HIM suck.

Yeah, was season one. I didn't laugh a single time, not even a bit, even at jokes I found hilarious in the original.

Well if you have the time it's worth watching again.

Personally I wasn't a fan of the UK one, I dunno if it was because of Ricky Gervais or because I only watched it this year and it's the type of comedy that seems "of it's time".

The US one is a great remake and one of the better UK->US remakes :D

Just did, and I stick by my statement that Americans just can't deliver our humour effectively.

Gervais portrays his character really well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nyCIqJP_4s

The American dude just comes across as incredibly thick, that's not really funny.

I tend to disagree as I don't see Gervais's character and he seems to just be playing himself which is annoying enough as he can't act and only has one voice/tone. It would've made the UK series for me if the boss character had been someone else with a more timeless quality.

But at least you gave it another go so good for you :D

I tend to disagree as I don't see Gervais's character and he seems to just be playing himself which is annoying enough as he can't act and only has one voice/tone. It would've made the UK series for me if the boss character had been someone else with a more timeless quality.

But at least you gave it another go so good for you :D

i agree

it really bothers me when people decide they hate something without giving it a real chance

so good on you for that one

i can say though i disagree i can take your opinion seriously