Footy Thread

RenegadeRoss

Think we should have a footy thread for all us football fans since the season basicly starts this weekend.

Who do you support? How'd you reckon your team will do?

Im a Motherwell fan, Our season kicks off tomorrow away to Hearts. Hearts had tried to take our manager but he rejected the so it'll be an interesting game! I reckon it'll be a one each draw to be honest. We really still need to sign more players cause we have a threadbare squad.

If we had to add any i'd say a goalie, a central defender, a left mid and a striker. As we lost Luke Daniels (Back up Goalie), Simon Lapin (Left mid) and Ross McCormack (striker) during the summer and we havnt replaced any of them.

We've only signed Bob Malcolm who isnt really that good, all the other motherwell fans seem to rate him but i just dont really see what is so good about him. He's a total thug!

I reckon this season we'll finish 4th. We were 3rd last season so we have a european campaign to look forward to! :) We go straight into the 1st round of the UEFA Cup, The draw isnt till the 28th August though so we have some waiting time to find out who we get!

Sorry for such a big post, Just really passionate about my football! haha

• Like 1

I support AC Milan !

brand.gif

I'm satisfied by this summer's mercato. We bought Ronaldinhio, Brazil's number 10 :D, Mathieu Flamini who is called "Gattuso" in England, Marco Borriello who scored 17 goals last season in the Italian competition, and Gianluca Zambrotta, a very good defender who is first-choice defender in the Italian national team. :)

I think we could've done better though, we needed a new goalkeeper and we only managed to buy Abbiati, who will be the substitute goalkeeper. And the defence is not perfect either.

I think that this year we will kick ass in the UEFA Cup, because It's a much lower level than what Milan is used to. And that we will fight for this year's first place in the Italian Championship. :)

Yeah i think AC Milan must be favourites for the UEFA Cup. They enter it at the same time as us,

I pray that Motherwell dont draw them. We'll get absolutely slaughtered! :rotfl:

:lol:

I'll pray for you Ross. ;-)

I hope they'll play against a Belgian team so I can see them ! I've never been in a stadium before ! :( This year's my chance, isn't it ? :mrgreen:

The less that's said about my team at the moment, the better. Beat by a bunch of fucking part-timers. Seriously but, everytime I watch them, they just get worse and worse.

We need to play 2 strikers, or at least get decent wingers if we are playing 4-5-1. We need a creative midfielder like Davis, we need a better centre-back than Kirk Broadfroot (ghranted I'm probably better than Broadfoot). We need back-up for the right-back slot if Whittaker is the only one we have. We need to sell Kenny Miller unless he actually performs, something he has only done at Hibs and Wolves. Sell Daniel Cousin cause he doesn't want to play for the club. Don't sell Boyd cause he is the only stiker we have guaranteed to score.

We need a shit lot basically.

I'm a Milan fan to and can only with what Ronald says. The players we have bought are great, but our defence doesn't look that great compared to our rivals. Our starting eleven are really great but if we have injuries we are very vulnerable. Right now Nesta, Kaka, and Boriello are all injured and the substitutes just aren't as great. I hope that we will succeed in getting either Ivanovic or Alex from Chelsea on loan, maybe Zapata if my inside man is correct :)

Another thing is that Milan is beginning to buy young players. They've just bought two young Uruguayans. They don't have money they used two have so to buy young and cheap is a step in the right direction.

Hopefully they'll be able to win the championship this year now that they don't have the Champions League to focus on. And i really hope that Ronaldinho will play at his best again. Him and Kaka is some duo.

YID ARMY!

im up the lane this weekend to watch spurs - roma

4/5th this season for us, berbatov will stay the season, bent 20+ goals, modric and bentley will be class. expect 20+ games out of king this season as well.

come on hearts btw, hearts are my spl team (grandad lived next to the ground most of his life)

The less that's said about my team at the moment, the better. Beat by a bunch of fucking part-timers. Seriously but, everytime I watch them, they just get worse and worse.

We need to play 2 strikers, or at least get decent wingers if we are playing 4-5-1. We need a creative midfielder like Davis, we need a better centre-back than Kirk Broadfroot (ghranted I'm probably better than Broadfoot). We need back-up for the right-back slot if Whittaker is the only one we have. We need to sell Kenny Miller unless he actually performs, something he has only done at Hibs and Wolves. Sell Daniel Cousin cause he doesn't want to play for the club. Don't sell Boyd cause he is the only stiker we have guaranteed to score.

We need a shit lot basically.

Want bob malcolm back?

Please? :roll:

I think we could've done better though, we needed a new goalkeeper and we only managed to buy Abbiati, who will be the substitute goalkeeper. And the defence is not perfect either.

I have to agree about the defence. AC were shocking against Chelsea the other week :uhh:

I support two teams. First one is Newcastle. I think we should be able to finish in the top half of the Premier League this season (at the very least). We need a striker though, cause Viduka isn't getting any younger, Smith is shit, Ameobi hasn't played much recently and Owen is a bit injury prone. Guitterez should be good though and Guthrie has played well pre-season. And we're finally strengthening our defence (hurrah!). Keegan wants Senderos from Arsenal, and has already signed Bassong and Coloccini.

Second team, is my home team of Swansea. Now in the Championship (y) after winning League One last season 8-) Hoping for a mid table finish realistically, but some are saying there's an outside chance of the play-offs. Roberto Martinez is a quality manager though, was rumoured to be going to Man Utd as Fergie's number two.

Does any one watch the Olympic Games at Peking (in football) ?

I saw the game between Belgium and Brazil the day before yesterday, we lost 1-0 but we were good ! We defended well and created some scoring opportunities too. But the referee was an ass, he gave an imaginary red card to our best midfielder ...

And Italy beat Honduras 3-0 ! :willy_nilly: Not much to say about that game, Honduras is not a big nation of football and the lost was obvious ...

I have to agree about the defence. AC were shocking against Chelsea the other week :uhh:

Don't mention this game, Milan were playing with their reservists ...

Who do you support? How'd you reckon your team will do?

Newcastle United and I think we will do shit all. We don't have a team that is capable of anything other than mid table and our manager is just there for reassurance to the stock holders/fans and not to do anything other than live of his past "glories".

Let be honest we will be lucky to stay in the premiership this year.

Keegan - OUT!