Doctor Who

Guest JadeIsRad

Re-read my posts. Scrap everything i said that was even nearly negative about matt smith. i want to have his babies.

relevant - there was a dr who exhibition at the "museum" (it's a museum but the size of a cupboard) near my street the other week. With a 7ft Dalek. life was made.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So, I thought we could maybe have a bit of structure to this.

Who is your favorite companion?

What's your favorite episode?

What's your favorite monster?

Also, any theory's on River?

On another site I belong to, we've discussed it a a lot. Like Amy's child could be River, with a 'time head' or whatever. It could be affected by the Tardis. We've also discussed her being the one to kill the Doctor (the ganger is the one who dies in the first episode of season six). Really, I can discuss this for a while.

My favorite companions are Rose and The Ponds. I know some people aren't big fans of Rose, but I loved her, and Amy and Rory are just awesome.

I think my favorite episode is "The Unicorn And The Wasp"... haha, totally kidding! I'd have to go with "Blink" (with the Weeping Angels), "Vincent And The Doctor," or "The Pandorica Opens." I could also watch "The Eleventh Hour" on repeat for a week straight.

I agree with Ross that The Silence are amazing. I also think the Weeping Angels are creepy, and of course, The Daleks. I'm wearing a Dalek shirt right now, actually. :P

Oh and...

I agree with you about River. I absolutely think that she's that little Timelord girl. The timeline matches her age, and she supposedly killed someone very important.

"Spoilers!" :P

I have no clue why, but I'm terrified of the angels. It's like...they don't hurt you, you live to death. A full life, but...I dunno.

I do have a question about what you guys think about the start of the new season:

Do you think the Doctor is really dead? Cos I'm a bit confused at how it happened if he did. From what I understand about him and River, They go in opposite directions. So it's like she meets him and knows nothing about him while he knows everything about her and he dies. He meets her and knows nothing aobut her while she knows everything about him, and he dies .Right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Matt Smith is great, but no one will ever surpass David Tennant in my book. He was an incredible Doctor, and I miss him a lot. I also miss Rose a lot lately too, but I could go on about that for days. I love Rose... a lot... I love her. :P

Nice seeing another Whovian on here too!

My favorite companions were Donna and Rose :) Donna was HILARIOUS and Rose's relationship with the doctor was so sweet.

And How could I choose a favorite episode? I've never seen an episode I didn't absolutley LOVE. I also find myself watching the "Unicorn and The Wasp" whenever I need a good laugh. :D

And the Weeping Angels and The Daleks have to be my favorite villians. Daleks are so funny the way they talk and act. I love in "Doomsday" how the Dalek told the Cyberman "you are superior in only one way. You are better at dying."

The tenth doctor was the best, hands down.

Agreed about Rose and Donna. I loved Rose and Ten together. It sucked when Rose left cause you could see that she was actually learning the ropes and was content travelling through space for her whole life. Donna was great cause she was funny, but she also brought out another side of the Doctor, one that was a lot more sympathetic than he'd ever been before (in the new series anyway). He needed someone like her in his life.

To answer your question from the other thread, my favorite episode is definitely "Blink" with "Turn Left," "The Christmas Invasion," and "Vincent And The Doctor" not far behind... those probably also differ from what I said last time cause my favorite episodes change all the time. lol

Agreed about Rose and Donna. I loved Rose and Ten together. It sucked when Rose left cause you could see that she was actually learning the ropes and was content travelling through space for her whole life. Donna was great cause she was funny, but she also brought out another side of the Doctor, one that was a lot more sympathetic than he'd ever been before (in the new series anyway). He needed someone like her in his life.

To answer your question from the other thread, my favorite episode is definitely "Blink" with "Turn Left," "The Christmas Invasion," and "Vincent And The Doctor" not far behind... those probably also differ from what I said last time cause my favorite episodes change all the time. lol

I really couldn't pick a favorite. I have favorite episodes for each doctor, but no all time favorite :)I often find myself watching the Unicorn and The Wasp if I need a laugh, but I wouldn't say it was my favorite. (I actually find that episode to be really cheesy :))

• 1 month later...

Me!! It was a very feel-good Christmas special. I enjoyed it.

How are you feeling about Amy & Rory leaving this coming season? I'm hoping it's not as dramatic as Rose's departure cause I don't know if I can take that again, haha. I'm looking forward to seeing who they'll bring in as a new companion. :)

You know it's going to be dramatic. I love Amy and Rory.

Matt Smith is my first doctor, and so all of these characters are probably going to always be my favorites.

My sister and I will most likely bawl our eyes out when the time comes for any of them to leave.

As for a new companion, I'm curious as to who they will pick as well.

Ah, Rose was my first companion, and if I'm honest, I'm still a little bummed that she's gone, lol. However, Amy and Rory are the first companions that I've gotten to see live out their stories in real time, so to speak. I started watching DW in 2010, so with Rose, I knew she was leaving, and I was able to go online and kind of spoil it for myself, but I'll be seeing Amy and Rory's story ending as it happens. That's going to be emotional.

I remember reading an interview with Karen where she said that when she goes, she wants to go out for good. She doesn't want to leave any chance for them to bring her back in the future, like they've done with every other companion. She wants to go out with a bang, haha. I don't know if they'll honor her wishes, but if they do, it's going to be really, really sad.

I know what you mean. :\

I need to play catch up, and being on the Internet ruins it a bit when it comes to that.

On the official Doctor Who Tumblr, they said that Rory and Amy's departure was going to be "heartbreaking."

It's going to be something horrible. Is it too late to turn my TV off and call it quits? :shifty:

Haha, don't call it quits. :P As painful as every companion's departure is, it's necessary and important to the story. If the Doctor had one companion forever, that would be really, really boring, and we'd never understand how alone he really is.

Plus, maybe we'll get an even more amazing new companion out of it! :)

I think they've been doing a good job of getting us ready for this. Amy and Rory have been out of a few episodes, and it's understood that they weren't with the Doctor for a while. Maybe they're doing it on purpose to prepare us for when they just spontaneously combust? lol

Hahahaha! That line is one of my favorites from the whole series! :D

As far as new companions go, a week or so ago, Steven Moffat requested that everyone start following Sophia Myles on Twitter. You might remember her as Madame du Pompadour in "The Girl In The Fireplace" or any number of other projects she has done (I loved her in Moonlight). Since then, she's been tweeting some very interesting and mysterious things that make me think she might be the new companion (hopefully as a new character, not Mme du Pompadour). When she was tweeting last night, I asked if she was the new companion cause I would love that, and she told me to "ask the Moff."

With the exception of Billie Piper, who obviously couldn't have been, every companion the Doctor has had in the new series started out with a bit part in a previous season... Freema in "Army of Ghosts" and "Doomsday," Catherine in "The Runaway Bride" (although she still played Donna Noble), and Karen in "The Fires of Pompeii." Plus, then you've even got Eve Myles going from a guest role in "The Unquiet Dead" to being one of the stars of Torchwood. RTD and the Moff sure love to rehire bit-part actresses later on to be the Doctor's companions, don't they? :P

• 1 month later...