Doctor Who

Guest JadeIsRad

My friend from my old job is going to see it with me on Monday! I CAN'T WAIT!! lol. I'll still be watching on Saturday though. I have BBC America, but I know a guy who usually streams it in the afternoon (when it airs in the UK). If you can't find a stream, let me know. I'll probably just post a link to one here so anyone who needs it has it.

• Like 1

Yay! :D

& I don't have a link yet, but I'll let you know when it gets closer to Saturday.

Rose theory spoilers below.

So there is this theory that is going around that Rose isn't actually visible to the Doctors in the special. In every clip and photo we've gotten, they don't interact with her or talk to her.  :oops:

Sorry for the double post, but... :willy_nilly: 15 HOURS!!  :willy_nilly:

UPDATE: It was perfect. I loved it! If you missed it and don't want to wait for the re-air, try this: http://bit.ly/IaufzC

(It'll probably take till way longer than the re-air to download it anyway, but still...)

I watched it on a livestream and  :willy_nilly:

I'm currently purchasing it on iTunes (1. because I need to rewatch it to process what happened and 2. my family wasn't able to watch it), but all I could do at the end was  :uhh: . Moffat got us so good this time. A lot of people are angry at him, but this is part of the reason why I love this show; I never know what to expect from him and his mind tricks. 

I was a little miffed about Rose not being Rose, but the Bad Wolf/Interface was an interesting turn of events. I'm of course happy that we got a better look at Gallifrey and the Last Great Time War. The fact that the Doctor(s) decided to change the fate of it was a real plot twist because it was something I never thought possible. Capaldi's appearance was a major surprise, as well as Tom Baker's. No one was in my room at the time, which was a good thing because I freaked out over a lot of things. :lol: I heard Jack got a mention, but I didn't pick up on it. I really loved the ending and I love how Eleven can let some things rest and move on in peace (until he has to go of course).

What went down in this episode leaves a lot of possibilities open and I'm excited to see what Doctor Who will bring in the future. Here's to another 50 years!

I'm even more excited to see it in 3D tomorrow on the big screen!

I actually really liked how they used Rose/Bad Wolf, but I'm a huge Bad Wolf fan, so I think that's why, haha. She had a lot of really clever lines that I really enjoyed.

I swear that someone once mentioned that Gallifrey was time-locked and not actually destroyed (in an episode way back), but oh well, it turned out to be the case anyway. I do like that the Doctor changed the fate of the planet but that his prior regenerations won't remember it - the whole belief that he destroyed his own planet kind of made him who he was up until this point. I may have shouted "YES!" when Capaldi's Doctor showed up in that scene, and I hugged the Fourth Doctor's scarf that I was wearing extra tight when Tom Baker showed up. That was a really cool scene. I liked the way they left it cause now the Doctor has even more potential adventures (as if there was ever really a lack of them, haha).

The reference to Jack was when Clara and Kate Lethbridge-Stewart were in the Black Archive. The Vortex Manipulator that Clara used to get away from the Zygons was "bequeathed to the UNIT Archive by Jack Harkness on the occasion of his death... well, one of them."

I loved this episode. Anybody who's complaining is just looking for things to whine about. :P

Seeing it in theaters was possibly the best experience ever! Not only was the 3D really cool (and really high def - you could see individual hairs on peoples' faces, lol), but being in a room with 60 other people who laughed at all the same times as me because they all understood the jokes was the best feeling ever. Then everybody clapped at the end, kind of like a concert, haha. I wish they did this more often!

• 1 year later...

I'm so behind with "Doctor Who". I only started watching it three months ago. I got Netflix and thought that I'd give DW a go, and I was really surprised when I found myself enjoying it as I never thought that I would. I hasten to add that I've only seen 2004 onwards, I haven't seen any classic Who.

I have Peter Capaldi's first series to watch and then I am completely caught up and able to watch it with everybody else when broadcast.