Doctor Who

Guest JadeIsRad

I'll probably be at work tomorrow when those tickets become available, but I plan on trying as hard as I can to get two of them. I'm scheduled to work on the 25th, but I'm pretty sure I can switch with someone. Really, really hoping this works out. :D

I hope you got them. They sold out in record time apparently, and everyone managed to crash movietickets.com

They are having a giveaway starting Tuesday so check the Tumblr every once and awhile.

John Barrowman, according to Entertainment Weekly (God bless their Whovian souls), will be in the CW's show Arrow.

For more details, click here.

There is a new Doctor Who Insider airing during the Sunday night premiere of Copper.

That's about 10/9 Central for anyone tuning into BBC America.

And we get another Doctor Who special from BBC America tonight! It is titled The Timey-Wimey of Doctor Who.

It starts at 9/8 Central and will be followed by The Nerdist: Tribute to Time Travel at 10/9c.

Nah, I didn't get them. I was at work and I tried really hard, but the 3G connection was against me. I got all the way to the checkout page where you enter your payment info, then it took forever to load and came back with a page error. :( I think I'll stick to watching it on TV, whenever that ends up being. Hopefully my friends and I can finally have the DW Party we've been trying to plan for over a year, haha.

I'm not a huge fan of CW shows, but I think I'll check Barrowman's show out to see what's up. Also he keeps live streaming on Twitter and half the time he's been drinking or about to go out drinking. Makes me laugh. :P

I missed The Timey-Wimey of Doctor Who. Maybe I'll be able to watch it online cause it looked pretty cool.

I was dogsitting at my neighbor's house the past two days, and they get BBC America... words can't describe how stoked I was every time the Doctor Who series 7 commercial came on. It needs to be on my TV now!

I'm sorry. But we will get to see it eventually, if you look on the bright side!

And a Doctor Who party sounds really fun. A few people on campus like Doctor Who, but no one seems really into it like me.

It's awkward when you ask them if they're excited for Series 7 but they don't know what you're talking about. So Doctor Who party by myself!

Ah, that's funny! I haven't participated in one of his Twitter chats yet. I think the show may turn out to be interesting, as I do like super hero themed things.

I missed it as well. I don't get BBC America here, so I have to find everything on the Internet.

But before I left for college, they started playing the preview. My family would congregate into the living room to watch it every time. XD

They have a new teaser trailer for Asylum of the Daleks:

And here is the cast and crew talking about the departure of the Ponds and the introduction of the new companion:

http://bcove.me/p0feod30

Moffat, the sly man he is, mentioned something about the possibility of having a multi-Doctor special for the 50th anniversary.

Then when asked about it, he says that he will not tell. He's been spotted with David Tennant but says it was just a visit. Troll...

I LOVE Oswin. There is speculation whether or not she is the new companion, or if they are bringing Jenna back as a different character.

I loved the episode, except for one thing:

Amy and Rory getting a divorce isn't logical to me at all. You think that after going through what they did with the Doctor the last couple years, nothing could get in their way. It kind of makes me think Moffat is doing the impossible just because he can. I know they aren't getting divorced now, but it was just ridiculous to me. I appreciate the emotional factor of it, but...

And I guess there was a prequel to Asylum of the Daleks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q1r2dQkB1fY

Yeah, I'm wondering if the Doctor's going to go back and pick up Oswin before the events from Asylum of the Daleks happened cause he wants to show her the stars out of sympathy (and her genius is on his level), or if they're pulling a Martha Jones and featuring her in the episode as one character only to bring her back later as another one. Should be fun to see!

I agree with you about the whole Ponds thing. It was a random storyline that didn't really need to happen to make the episode work. :/

Haha, it would've been nice of them to let us know there was a prequel before the episode actually aired.

Tonight: Dinosaurs... ON A SPACESHIP!

Aww, really? I thought Dinosaurs On A Spaceship was pretty awesome. Rory's dad was hilarious!

I will say, though, that I liked the show better when Russell T Davies was running it (and Moffat was writing a few episodes a season). It didn't have the massive production and budget that it does now, but it was more epic and memorable. If he ever wanted to come back, I wouldn't be opposed.

I loved Mark Williams as Rory's dad! I'm so excited that he'll be back for next week's episode.

The thing was I that I didn't like the dialogue. It was just awkward.

But I loved A Town Called Mercy. It was very different from what we've gotten in the past.

I liked having an episode where the trio went to the past, but they got a bit of the future as well.

It's not that I don't like Moffat. I just think this season is a bit illogical is all.

But I also wouldn't be opposed if Davies came back.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I definitely, DEFINITELY think that deciding to not do any two-parters this series is starting to bite the Doctor Who team in the ass.

Tonight's episode was good, and I did cry at the end cause it was bittersweet, but the Ponds deserved SO much more for their last appearance on Doctor Who. I thought back, and I'm pretty sure they're the only companions in New Who that didn't have a two-part send off. It would've been so much more effective! I mean, come on, I'm still mourning the loss of Rose six seasons later! lol

I've enjoyed a lot of the episodes so far in this series, but I feel like there's a big build up, a tiny climax, and then a rushed resolution in almost all of them. It's like they're trying to fit too much into too little time.

Here's hoping for less rushed episodes in the second half of series 7... and Jenna-Louise Coleman. I am SO ready for her. ;)

I agree.

I was expecting something a bit more climatic as well. The Ponds' departure was definitely rushed. This is a loss that I think is on a greater scale than Rose Tyler. Amy was the Doctor's everything: his sister, his mother, his best friend, his equal. She loved him for who he was but didn't worship the ground he walked on.

To be honest, I was crying before I clicked the play button. When Amy and Rory jumped off the rooftop, I just wanted to turn it off. I was so scared that would be the last time we would see them alive. But then they came back and I started crying even harder because that meant Moffat was going to make the wound even worse. And when the Doctor reaches for Amy in the end and tells her "come along, Pond" for the last time, I just lost it completely.

And rewatching the end, the Doctor really only cries for Amy. I feel so bad for Rory. But I see why it is the way it is.

Yes, I'm so excited for Jenna! Since Amy and Rory's timeline wasn't chronological this season, I wonder if the rest of the season will carry out as so. Now what to do with the next two months of my life...

And I'm so ready for Broadchurch as well! We get David Tennant and Arthur Darvill in one show. But Chris Chibnall is the writer, so you know how this will go. :roll:

• 2 months later...

I've watched this episode three times since Christmas and will probably watch it more. In true Doctor Who style, I catch a lot more on the second and third watch than on the first watch. May watch it a few more times before April just to hold me over. :P

Clara is awesome, and so mysterious! I'm very excited to see what else she'll bring to the table in the rest of the season. She's quickly becoming a favorite of mine and of the other Doctor Who fans I see commenting on her.

Also, the new version of the theme song/opening titles is AWESOME!

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. I was crying from the sheer awesomeness of the opening credits. So excited for this year!

We are getting so many specials the next couple of months to tide us over on BBC America.

They're going to have little documentaries about every doctor as well as an episode from each.

And I guess Billie isn't coming back to play Rose. She

the rumors on the Graham Norton Show.