Doctor Who

Guest JadeIsRad

• 1 month later...

So I guess there is a rumor that the other ten Doctors will be in the 50th anniversary special and that Moffat confirmed it. I almost believed it when Wired posted the article, but I don't think there is any evidence that proves it at all. Too good to be true. :(

27 more days left!

Yeah, rumors like that have been going around. They've also been mentioning how they are going to find ways to include the Doctors played by actors who have passed away. I'll be excited whatever they do. Should be pretty awesome!

I wish I had a TARDIS to go to March 30th!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

They're having a meet up at SXSW. That just makes me wish I could go even more. 

I've been really slow in keeping up with the news. The first episode is "The Bells of St. John" with some aliens called the Spoonheads, who have something to do with the Wi-Fi running amok (do not apply logic to Doctor Who...).

And we get a "movie" every week. Not complaining.

p015pnlk.jpg

• Like 1

While I was in school down in Florida, I had found out that there was a Doctor Who convention two hours away several days after it happened. I wish we both could attend these things!

Oswin Oswald is going to be the death of me this year. I know it. I'll be dying from cliffhangers left and right.

• Like 1

I love conventions. I'm definitely going to NY Comic Con again this Fall, and I'm trying to get as many friends to go as possible. I don't go and cosplay, but I love seeing how much effort other people put into their costumes. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them work in makeup and special effects cause they're that good... and all the DW cosplayers are amazing!

Clara/Oswin Oswald is a favorite of mine already and we've only seen her twice. Jenna-Louise Coleman was a perfect choice to play her. :D

• Like 1

Really loved tonight's episode! We get to see a side of the Doctor we haven't seen before: going out for breakfast, riding a motorcycle... Clara is the perfect companion. <3 This was an adventure that presented mystery in something so familiar to everyone. And I guess the Great Intelligence is going to be our lead villan this year.

DAVID TENNANT AND BILLIE PIPER ARE COMING BACK! The BBC confirmed it. They even gave us photos (Billie | David) and it appears they are going to reprise their old characters. I think I'm going to die. :shock: Can't wait to see what role John Hurt is going to be playing as well.

I loved the new episode, and three episodes in, Clara is already one of my favorite companions (only behind Rose, really). With this one, as with a few other episodes this season, I feel like it ends way too soon after the climax of the story. I think ending a single-episode story was something RTD was far better at than Moffatt, but it was still a great episode. I'm ready for Clara to stop teasing us and just join the Doctor full time. :)

I CAN'T WAIT FOR TEN AND ROSE TO COME BACK!!!! Can't wait to see what they'll do with it and see how the Ten/Rose and Eleven/Clara thing goes. I guess they started filming in the past couple days, right? Are those new photos or old photos? David looks the same, but Billie has lost some weight and that looks like an old photo of her.

She's definitely one of my favorites, too! Props for not spilling a drop of tea when things get crazy. The episodes are very suspenseful, but like you said, they do seem to end too soon. Moffat likes to tease us. :P There is apparently something special about the leaf in Clara's travel book.

I'm really curious to how Rose will react. She's gone through a regeneration process before, but it really freaked her out for a bit. But maybe she'll see it as a good thing. Ten's reaction I'm sure will be priceless.

I'm assumed they were new pictures, as they are tagged #DoctorWho50th, but now that I look at them, they could be old photos. But I think the one of John Hurt is new? I always get blinded by my excitement. And John Barrowman is still claiming that he has not been asked to return. I'd really love to have a Rose, Ten, and Jack reunion or at least have Eleven work with with him again. :(

You know something I've always wanted them to resolve that is still a mystery? The first time the Doctor meets River in the library, he has no idea who she is, but she recognizes him right away, which is weird because, as far as we know, she's only ever seen the Matt Smith version of the Doctor. I wouldn't mind if this was somehow resolved in the 50th anniversary special. I know they probably don't care about that small detail, but I do. The Doctor's not really one to keep photo albums of himself and his various regenerations, lol, so how did she know it was definitely, 100% him?

Not sure that one of John Hurt is new either, as they've only just started table readings. But this one definitely is...

50th-readthrough-pic-2.jpg-large-570x380

Tennant, Jenna, and Matt (and another actress who will also be in the special)

:willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:

I wouldn't mind Captain Jack making an appearance. I think he was more of a favorite of RTD and Moffat didn't really like him, so maybe that's why he's not coming back? Still, he could add some good comic relief, and I'd love to see him back for the celebration.

That's a good point. I'm just worried about River in general. Is Alex filming anything else? I get that River's story is about to end, but I would think she would get to see Eleven one last time. There is a theory linking "The Angels Take Manhattan" to a Series 6 episode, but I'm going to have to dig around for it. And some people have this theory that Clara is actually River Song. That the leaf could be the little green thing with her name written on it that she used to reveal her true identity before. I don't know how I feel about that, though. 

So confusing! All of it. But yay for pictures of them all together! It's going to be a great year.

Well, Matt promises this super cool villain this season that tops them all, so I wonder what that is going to be.

• 2 weeks later...

"Hide" was pretty good. I loved how it started out about a ghost and progressed to more. Interesting that the Doctor sought out a psychic to give him an opinion on Clara. My dad thinks she's a Time Lord, which could be possible. But according to Emma, she's just a normal girl. This blog had some interesting ideas. Clara was able to hear the monster say it was unhappy. We keep getting references about ice and cold. Other references to past episodes are listed in the end. Some others are listed on Wikipedia.

This wiki page also pointed something interesting out; Emma said the Doctor has a sliver of ice in his heart. Perhaps she doesn't know he has two, but she is a psychic.

We're getting more references about Ten. The space suit. The "coat rack." Eleven's running into time agents (which could be entirely unrelated). Piggybacking the TARDIS. But next episode is where we are supposed to get to finally see the inside of the TARDIS...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just saw that you posted here. :P

I didn't know what to do after that episode. It was really good, and REALLY surprising. Seriously. So interesting to see where John Hurt is going to fit in, and what they are going to do with his character. There is a pretty good idea of where he fits in, if you haven't heard it already. I'll keep my mouth shut for now. 

And I was worried we were going to lose Clara so soon. And everyone else, too. I think people would have been really angry if they actually killed off the Paternoster Gang; they died for only a few minutes but it still had me all emotional. I knew Moffat would never actually give us the Doctor's name (that would take the mystery out of the show), but this is the most fans were ever given and it's very exciting.

SO ready for David and Billie! I can already see Ten and Eleven rapidly deducing a situation or making weird jokes back and forth.

Haha, the best part was when the Doctor yelled "PLEASE!" and the doors opened and for a few seconds everyone thought, "The Doctor's name is 'Please'?"  :rotfl:

I've heard a few theories about John Hurt, so I probably know what you're talking about. I'm ready for November now, please! Billie and David plus Matt and Jenna? Best thing ever!

Also pretty sad to hear Matt's leaving. Just like Jenna was my first official new companion (as in, I was caught up with the show and it was actually a surprise - no Wikipedia spoilers, haha), Matt will be the first Doctor I will see regenerate as it happens. Moffat says it's gonna be sad, and after David Tennant's exit, I don't even want to know what that entails. :( At the same time though, my favorite thing about Doctor Who is that if the lead actor decides he's ready to move on, it's not the end of the show... pretty genius idea on the part of the show's creator. I'm going into it with an open mind.

Matt was my first Doctor, and this will be the first regeneration that I will see as it happens as well. I would say that I'm more emotionally attached to him for that reason. Clara is to me as she is to you: the first companion whose story I've seen unfold in front of my eyes from the beginning. Amy and Rory were my first companions, but I was introduced to them from Series 6 and not 5 when they were first introduced. 

I love that about the show too. I think knowing that the actor knows it's his time to go is assuring, if that makes any sense. Eleven's story has been told and it's time to move on. Eleven was about healing (even though he lost everything all over again) and accepting his past and future (why this season's ending was perfect). Accepting his responsibility as the last Time Lord. So I'm ready to see what Moffat has for us. Someone from Tumblr has a creative guess at how Matt will leave Doctor Who:

Ten's catch phrase was "Allons-y," which means "let's go." His last words were "I don't want to go."

Eleven's catch phrase is "Geronimo," which is "used to express exhilaration, esp. when leaping from a great height or moving at a high speed." So...

We also got to see how the prophecy played out, which was cool as well.

• 1 month later...

PARTY TIME!!!  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:

ama1bn.jpg

Peter Capaldi! He was a massive Doctor Who fan as a kid - collected magazines, autographs, you name it - AND he was in a punk band with Craig Ferguson (late night's ultimate Whovian). If he's not incredible, I'm going to be very surprised.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been following who for a while. I started my journey at nine and worked my way up in about 3months time. My doctor has and always will be 10, I'm really going to miss 11. This is my first time experiencing a regeneration real time. I'm not sure how it's gonna go but if the tissues used when tenant left is any indication.... 

Haha so yeah I'm a whovian if you can't tell haha 

For me each episode keeps being my favorite haha I can't pick one.. 

My thoughts on Peter are that I really like the choice

And I think the 13 regeneration is false there's plenty of things that have happened to prove it as false

As per discussions with a few of my co-workers haha

• Like 1