Doctor Who

Guest JadeIsRad

Putting this out there right now: if I see Rose at Bad Wolf Bay this season, I am going to pee my pants.

Although, I will also bring my expectations down a little bit and say that Billie Piper is extremely pregnant right and might not be up for filming anything, and they've used it for other locations as well, so who knows why they're there (I still want it to be because of Rose though).

Can't even tell you how much I wish I could go to that!! My biggest problem is that I'm kind of across the ocean from Cardiff... and I have no extra money, lol. Did you get any passes for photos and autographs with any of them? And are you going to take the tour of the Tardis set? Oh man, I really need to go to that one year.

Have fun! Stop back and let us know how awesome it was! :D

My expectations are low as well in an appearance from Billie Piper.

It would be immensely amazing, but nearly impossible in more ways than one.

I know they are filming for a new scenario or they are returning to finish a plot that the beach was previously used for other than Bad Wolf Bay. It is still exciting, especially since Mark Williams will be making an appearance.

As for the exhibition, I wish I could go as well. Please come back Lilly and let us know how it went.

So in a large fan poll, Emma Watson was the top nominee for a companion. That would be utterly amazing.

I've been a huge fan of her's since I was eight, and it would be lovely to get to watch her every weekend.

Caitlyn, no, I won't come back I'll stay in Cardiff forever ;-) Actually, I'm tempted!! XD Yeah, I'll tell you guys all about it when I get back. I'll make a mental note to do that the second I get back here from Cardiff! XD

Woah, Emma Watson as a companion would be awesome, but I bet it'll never happen! She's too well known, I reckon. It would be epic though.

And Chriss, we're touring the TARDIS set but the photo passes were ridiculously expensive plus they sold out so quickly!

I've got a friend called Kirsty who is addicted to Dr Who, when I told her about the exhibition she didn't talk to me for like 5 days or something, I bet she'll quiz me about it as soon as I get back. She's so jealous, lol ;-)

Xx

• 4 weeks later...

Have fun at the Doctor Who Convention this weekend, Lilly!! :D

Also, according to Blogtor Who, there will be a Doctor Who press conference/announcement at 10:30 GMT... most likely to announce THE NEW COMPANION!! :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly:

When I wake up in a few hours, it will be to awesome news. I can't wait!

I got the text while I was in school. I nearly peed my pants.

Jenna-Louise Coleman is the new companion. :D

I'm really excited to see how she is going to meet the Doctor.

And I really love how BBC just gives out spoilers like they're candy.

"Amy and Rory will leave in the fifth [episode] that goes out," said Moffat. "It will be a final encounter with the angels and not everybody gets out alive – and I mean it this time."

Haha, I've got all these firsts happening now that I'm current with Doctor Who, and this new companion announcement is one of those firsts. I was really excited, and now I'm kind of confused because I'm realizing that we won't actually see Jenna on Doctor Who until Christmas... Now that I know who the new companion is, what do I do? Do I catch up on her past work? Watch interviews? Do nothing at all? lol

Jenna seems really cool and excited to work on Doctor Who, so I'm excited to see her in action. I have a feeling she's going to bring something really awesome to the show. :)

I'm afraid of how sad Amy and Rory leaving will be, especially after that spoiler.

What I'm wondering most is how will the Doctor react? It's not the first time he's lost a companion, but it's the first time this regeneration will. He seems so happy and carefree, and now something really horrible is going to happen. :(

This is my first new companion announcement as well.

I find it weird to announce it so early in the year.

Like you said, it's like "great! What am I supposed to do for the next 5 months or so?"

I guess they did it before it got leaked out.

Jenna seems to be really different, despite what people are saying. I also feel really good about her.

I like how we have come to the point where we are conversing in spoiler tabs. XD

Anyways, I know! I feel like this Doctor has healed a lot in the sense that he has finally accepted his relationships and is allowing himself to have feelings. Amy and Rory have really become his family in a way that no other companions have. He's really going to beat himself up for this one, I think.

This convention in Cardiff is really driving me mad!

The official Doctor Who Tumblr has been posting stuff nonstop this weekend.

I think the main reason was because she starts filming in the next week, so yeah, it was either make the announcement now or have everybody wondering who this random girl on set is. She seems like a good actress, so I think she's cool. I'm not going to judge her until I see her on Doctor Who, and even then, I've never had a major problem with any of the other companions (okay, so I still kind of hold a grudge against Martha Jones... but I love Freema Agyeman and think she's a fine actress, lol), so I'm sure I'll like her just fine as a companion. I've seen a few people here and there complaining about it, but it's Doctor Who - a show based entirely on changing things up every few years - if they can't handle it, why do they watch the show?

Haha, spoiler tags are awesome though!

Apparently the Moff said that episode 5 (aka Amy and Rory's last episode) will be filmed in New York. If I find out when this is and have the day off, you can bet I will be stalking them down, lol.

Haha, I usually unfollow the Doctor Who Tumblr when the season starts up because they post so much, but I decided to keep following them through this. It's torture cause it seems so awesome and I can't go. I'm really hoping that some of them will show up at New York Comic Con this year (I keep hoping for Billie Piper too, but I know that's not likely to happen). That would make me feel a little bit better about not living in Cardiff. :P

I agree with you 100%!

And I don't blame you. If I could make it to New York then, I definitely would go.

That would be awesome if they could at least do the New York Comic Con.

I might just be able to go if it's before college term begins.

But if they somehow did something in Florida when I move down there, I would be the happiest person alive.

Tomorrow, the trailer for Series 7 will be released.

I'm really excited! There is already a complete list of what fans are expecting to see from this series here.

Yeah, New York City's about an hour from me, so I'd absolutely make the trip there if I know when and where they're shooting.

I know they'll be at Comic Con International in San Diego, but last year's New York Comic Con was bigger attendance-wise than San Diego (which is considered the big one), so I'm hoping this year they're able to use that to get some even bigger stars. I met Ian McNiece (Winston Churchill) there already, and he was a really, really nice guy. It's a fun time, so you should try to make it there - it is October 11th to 14th though, which I'm sure is smack dab in the middle of your semester. :(

Do we know what time the Series 7 trailer will be up? I stay up pretty late anyway, so it's entirely possible that I won't have gone to bed yet when the trailer's released in the UK, lol.

Also, since they're talking about a lot of classic Who villains coming back, and I've realized she won't be the new companion now, I'd love for Sophia Myles to come back as The Rani.

Hey, guess what! I was right... having a ridiculous sleep schedule occasionally has its perks. :)

Thank you for the info! But unfortunately, I think you're right about it being during my term.

If you go to either events, please take some photos or videos for me! :D

The Rani looks like a B.A.

I haven't gotten that far back in the show, so all of these older villains will be new to me.

Thanks for posting the trailer!

It's going to be a great series.

Bummer. :( I'll definitely be at New York Comic Con, so if any Doctor Who actors are there, I will absolutely take photos and videos to show you. :)

Here's me, Ian McNeice and a Dalek, if you want to see that, haha. Daleks are a lot taller than I thought they'd be. I'm 5'8". ('ll put photos under a spoiler tag, just so they don't take up the whole page)...

308350_653468382169_20803565_32690378_1817908561_n.jpg318690_653514315119_20803565_32690813_967763527_n.jpg

I've seen a few of the older episodes, but only a handful of what's on Netflix. I do my own nerdy research though, so I know a lot more about the older villains and series just from reading about them. The Rani seems pretty cool, and I think they're planning on bringing back The Master too. Villain Time Lords and Ladies are always cool. :)

The funniest thing to me was learning that the Autons and the Nestene Consciousness from Rose are old characters. I think I found that out two months ago, after having been a fan of the series for about two years, lol.

Aw. Thank you! :)

Love the pictures. The cigar... hehe.

Oh my gosh. And the Dalek... I'm 5'3", so that would be a very unfortunate situation for me.

Thanks for sharing those! :D

I need to do a bit more reading. XD

I wonder how they are going to reincorporate the Master.

That whole episode was a tough thing to watch. I hate him, but at the same time, I totally sympathize with him and the Doctor.

I could definitively live without the Autons. Every time I pass a mannequin now, I'm a bit more paranoid.

For some reason, I don't remember the Nestene Consciousness at all. Maybe my TV didn't record it. :\

I'm most excited about the Captain Jack return rumor. He's one of my favorite characters.

Moffat has been talking about bringing him back for awhile now, and he may finally do it.

About a week ago, I watched the episode Last of the Time Lords.

When Jack revealed his childhood nickname to the Doctor, I literally paused the TV and just stared at the screen for a whole five minutes before I could talk again. My dad was in the room as well, and we both laughed like we were crazy.

While the concept of him actually being the Face of Boe is mind-boggling, I hope that gets disclosed eventually.

The whole thing is just so hard for me to grasp. ;)

Haha, no problem. I hope you do get to meet a Dalek one day cause that would make for a funny picture. I think the new Daleks are even bigger. :P

I loved the way they brought The Master back in series three with the fob watch, so I'm sure they'll find some really cool way to bring him back again. They always do. :)

The Nestene Consciousness is in the first episode. It's that vat of talking liquid plastic that controls the Autons.

It'd be cool to see Captain Jack come back, especially since we haven't seen him with Matt Smith yet and he's obviously still doing things with Torchwood. I think he's pretty cool, but I also know a lot of fans aren't too keen on him, so we'll see what happens. They at least should bring him back for the 50th Anniversary next year.

Hahaha, that was a great moment. As far as I know, since it was a Russell T Davies idea, they'll never really confirm it now that he's gone, but as far as everyone who works on the show is concerned, Jack actually does become The Face of Boe. :)

Oh gosh. Villains don't need to be tall to be intimidating! ;)

Good. As much as he is evil, or insane, I don't want the Doctor to be alone.

At least the Master gives him some hope and something to occupy himself with from time to time.

Ohhhhhhhh. Thanks for explaining that to me. :)

Why aren't they too keen on him?

I thought it was adorable how he would check in on young Rose from time to time.

And I also read about them debating on bringing him back for the 50th Anniversary.

I think that would be more likely.

I haven't gotten to watch Torchwood yet. I heard that they are kind of slowing down with it right now.

Yeah, I read about that. I guess that's all the closer I'm going to get, eh?

I'm glad to hear that there will be no two-part episodes again.

I can't take those cliff-hangers!

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, regarding Captain Jack, I guess some people think he's a cheesy character or his smug personality is annoying. I can kind of see how some people would think that, but I enjoy him as a character. I think he's funny. If you do watch Torchwood, know that it's A LOT more mature than Doctor Who. Think of it like an R-rated Doctor Who... it's on Showtime for a reason.

I hope they bring lots of people back for the 50th Anniversary, even if it's just for some really big behind the scenes documentary (an extra special Doctor Who Confidential, perhaps?). I'd just love to see everyone again.

Man, those two-part episodes... sometimes they're cool, and I'm okay with one or two a season, like it used to be, but last season, it just felt like EVERY episode was a two-parter and it was just getting ridiculous. lol

I think I'm going to watch some Doctor Who Confidential now. :)

I've finally caught a few episodes of Torchwood. And I get what you mean... I think within five minutes today, at least five words have been censored. Got to love British television.

I could go for a few Confidentials myself right now! I miss all of that behind-the-scenes action. :)

Well, they are starting to film in New York now. Here are a few pictures from Tumblr:

tumblr_m2btm23ExG1qci9t2o1_500.png

tumblr_m2c85wFI2e1qac92ro1_500.jpg

Image1.jpg

For more, click here.

Or, here.

Haha, oh Torchwood, if you think the swearing is bad, wait till they get to the episodes where they pretty much all start sleeping with each other. It's a little ridiculous. :P

I was SO CLOSE to going into the city today when I heard they were filming, but I'm broke and didn't want to risk going all the way there, missing it, and wasting at least $30 (which wouldn't have happened... they shot until 4:30 or 5pm... of course). Now I'm really wishing I did though. lol

They're supposed to be filming tomorrow, but I have work, and according to people on set today, they're only set to shoot in the city today and tomorrow. I'm keeping an eye out though cause if they do happen to be filming on Friday, I'm going to go after work.

I'm still hoping they'll be at Comic Con though, and possibly doing those photoshoots with fans that a lot of stars do. I'd pay for that... and I'd bring Matt a stuffed animal so that he would pose like this:

tumblr_m27yjtLIgj1rs1acao1_500.jpg

Hahaha!

Oh gosh. Sounds like Glee (without the singing).

I'm sorry! I hope you can make it after work.

They were walking around a lot on their free time.

The first photo is from Brooklyn Bridge Park (Thursday), and the second is from Tudor City.

Both photos are linked, so click them for more! But warning, the second one contains a lot of spoilers.

series-7-filming-Brooklyn-Bridge-Park.jpg

series-7-filming-rory-gunpoint-gangster.jpg

That's really awesome that they do that! I would probably pay for that as well.

And you should! He is so cute. He should do a commercial for Pillow Pets.

Karen has a Twitter now! Within the first hour of having one, she had about 11,000 followers. 0_o

Arthur found a "peg" while he was in one of the parks, and he has been "pegging" the cast and crew:

7850eebc843311e1ab011231381052c0_7.jpg

382c84a8843411e1be6a12313820455d_7.jpg

88a223a284b611e1a9f71231382044a1_7.jpg

kv7sx.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

How did I not see that you had posted in this until now? What new spoilers were they? I feel like I read them, but there are so many that I can't even remember what's what.

I found this on Tumblr not too long ago and I thought it'd be worth sharing, as well: Doctor Who Magazine featured an article by Steve Moffat on Jenna-Louise Coleman's audition and why they knew right away that she was "it." I'm really excited to see her in action after this. :)

http://doctorwho.tumblr.com/post/22144958843/steven-moffat-on-jennas-audition-for-the-role-of

I think those particular spoilers were how Amy and Rory were going to die according to what was seen on set.

And it's depressing. But today was Karen and Arthur's final day of filming. :cry:

Thanks for sharing the article! That sounded like a really interesting audition.

I hope her character is "faster" than the Doctor for once. I was thinking about that the other day, that he needs a companion who is going to test him.