help please??

alot of people are complaining about the amount of pcitures, and size of pictures in signatures. And they are right since the amount of images and size makes mages load slower among other things.

So signatures are reduced to 2 pictures and 475*475 size.

ill probably also edit the amount of lines a siggy can have.

What happend with the ava sizes? Cuz I suddenly can't take animated avas anymore cuz the KB size is down to 97.7....why? :???:

Website bandwidth maybe? Cause those avatars are being uploaded to the ParamoreFans.com web server, meaning that the more space is being used, the more it costs them to keep the site running.

Or that's my guess =)

Website bandwidth maybe? Cause those avatars are being uploaded to the ParamoreFans.com web server, meaning that the more space is being used, the more it costs them to keep the site running.

Or that's my guess =)

why cant we have animated avatars anymore???

What happend with the ava sizes? Cuz I suddenly can't take animated avas anymore cuz the KB size is down to 97.7....why? :???:

hmm 97.7kbs

well ill increase that to probably 200kb. No its not that we are trying to save bandwidth(we dont even use 20%) but several users have complained about threads opening slowly and such, and yes this is also affected by signaures and avatars. There were some avatars of 1mb which makes pages laod alot slower.

hmm 97.7kbs

well ill increase that to probably 200kb. No its not that we are trying to save bandwidth(we dont even use 20%) but several users have complained about threads opening slowly and such, and yes this is also affected by signaures and avatars. There were some avatars of 1mb which makes pages laod alot slower.

but you can turn that stuff off in options anyway, not being an asshole but why should everyone suffer from others being lazy?

but you can turn that stuff off in options anyway, not being an asshole but why should everyone suffer from others being lazy?

yes but you have to take in consideration that not anyone knows this option exist or how to do it.

and i dont think the changes i made are drastic, just trying to regulate them a bit.

It's not exactly "suffering" now is it ! Sigs/Avs bigger than what's allowed now is just plain unecessary in my opinion, nobody needs masses of images thrown in their faces every time they want to read a post. It just looks crowded and messy and whatever.

yes but you have to take in consideration that not anyone knows this option exist or how to do it.

and i dont think the changes i made are drastic, just trying to regulate them a bit.

yeh of course, but i mean its not difficult to bring it to peoples attention, and yeh its good to cut off the unreasonable, but there is a limit to unreasonable, in both ways i think, is there a way to actually limit the size of images other than avas?

yeh thats fair, what i was saying is about the size of the image in kb, id rather not have an image that stretches the screen its irritating, and sorry to break this to you, but i have 3 images in my sig :lol:

oh yeh the parafamily crew might get pissy if you put the amount of text down ;-)

all in all im not that bothered about either, i dont NEED a sig to talk to people on here tbh.

also keep up the good work man, you seem to be the only person telling anyone whats going on.

yeh thats fair, what i was saying is about the size of the image in kb, id rather not have an image that stretches the screen its irritating, and sorry to break this to you, but i have 3 images in my sig :lol:

also keep up the good work man, you seem to be the only person telling anyone whats going on.

oh thats why i changed the size of the allowed images

before i think it was 550pixels now its 475pixels

lol as for your other opinion, lol well i dont remember seeing before when i was more active but yeah i did most things around here XD

haha fair enough, well your the only one who tends to tell us whats going on actually with the workings of the board etc

any idea why i can still have 3 images tho? its kinda bugging me as to how that has worked? would it just be that next time i change my sig it would be limited but because that was set before it didnt just take some out?