Contest and a great surprise.

Locomotion

hmm a trivia would be nice. If we run a trivia then we would need to pick all 8 members from it.

you could do like the 1st 8 ppl to get it right or 8 different questions through the whole day and the 1st person with the right answer gets in like

you have question one then person A gets that one correct first get in

then question two another time during the day then person B gets it correct first and he/she gets in

and so on.... but that might be a little too much tbh

but i think i still like ross's idea about the essay type thingy like questions like

why is paramore your fav band?

what have they done to affect your life?

...etc.

and the mods would pick however many people they want who have the best answer(s)

tbh i dont really like the album cover idea

not everyone is creative.

the contest should be something that is more fair to people.

you could do like the 1st 8 ppl to get it right or 8 different questions through the whole day and the 1st person with the right answer gets in like

you have question one then person A gets that one correct first get in

then question two another time during the day then person B gets it correct first and he/she gets in

and so on.... but that might be a little too much tbh

but i think i still like ross's idea about the essay type thingy like questions like

why is paramore your fav band?

what have they done to affect your life?

...etc.

and the mods would pick however many people they want who have the best answer(s)

tbh i dont really like the album cover idea

not everyone is creative.

the contest should be something that is more fair to people.

^I agree, especially with the thing about the cover.

Haha laaaazy admin :P (Don't worry, I'd be the same)

But for the people who say that writing is much fairer than drawing, it's not neccessarily true. Some people here will be more skilled at the craft of writing than others. English isn't even some people's first language yet you expext them to write a paragraph/essay? For the more skilled english writers, their paragraphs or whatever will be a much more pleasant read and will gain an advantage through it. Just like someone skilled at Photoshop would in a cover competition.

Which brings me to my next point: Length. If someone only wrote a sentence or two, it would probably be discarded, but by the same token, if someone wrote about 800+ words that probably would be discarded as well. If the admins/mods were to sit and read entries, they don't want to be bored reading 1,000 word essays. And likewise, they wouldn't want their time wasted by one sentence entries like "i love paramore cuz hayley iz my idol like".

I have nothing against the idea, and it's one which I certainly like. But to suggest it's "much fairer" than drawing is slightly wide of the mark.

i think the ideas so far are too much work tbh. like us reading a bunch of essays and judging them or picking our favorites of the album covers. i'd rather do simple trivia or something quick.

I understand what your saying, it is hard work for the people judging all the entries, Although i think it would be interesting, id personally enjoy reading/ looking at them all, but then we have different viewpoints for this.

Cant ever go wrong with Easy and Simple though :)

I'm new here so I don't know if I'd be able to enter this contest but I like the idea of creating cover art for the new Paramore CD & the idea of making a music video is awesome to. It would be really cool to make a music video for a Paramore song that doesn't already have one. I'd love to see what everyone comes up with. Also the above idea is also excellent.

something artistic meybe about them? like a vid or drawing or sumthing.

or i do like the how they affected our lives. but then again i would find that reali hard to decide

the only bad thing about trivia is that then we would have to be on at a certain time of the day or sumthing in order to answer it first and lets face it that wouldnt be fair for half the poeple here

orr. we could cover one of there songs. either vocaly or with pianos or guitars.

^aye point made

oh i have another idea (even though it was a few others too with modifcations)

we make a fake single. like we pick our favorite song then make an album cover for it.

4 winners will b the one who photoshopped it and 4 hand drawn ones.

yes.

i want to do something with photoshop.

it's the only thing I can do :rotfl::rotfl: